IMS Health

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in October 2009.

Applied through school. Called me to schedule a phone interview. Expected it to be a basic get to know you type interview, with questions about my background and resume. The phone interview started off like this.... for the first 15 minutes. However, the next 45 minutes were spent doing a case study OVER THE PHONE. My fault for not being 100% prepared for this, but I was shocked to do this over the phone. Needless to say, I did not do so well on the case portion, and did not move on to the next round.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2009.

Interview process initiated through the on-campus recruiting process. We had first round interviews on-campus (2 interviews) and then received a call for a follow-up interview in the office. There, it was a half-day, where you interviewed with 2 separate people, and did a mini-case in the office with a very short presentation.

All in all, I was extremely impressed with the people--everyone was very bright, warm and welcoming. They seemed to have a good office culture, as evidenced by the individuals with whom I interviewed and went to lunch with. It seemed like a very upbeat, fast-paced culture, with a lot of personal development potential.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a case presented in a few slides, with some information. Take some time to review, and then make a few slides on paper with your findings/answers to these questions, and we'll come back in for a mini-presentation.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2011.

It was a case interview over the phone, which is quite challenging. Having a pen and paper to hand is essential, and is probably an advantage over face to face case interview. It was conducted by a senior consultant, and the case part of the interview was followed up with some standard interview questions abuot motivation, strengths/weakness, things about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose your client Phil, the owner of the local pharmacy, is losing custom to the newly opened boots opposite. He thinks they are understocked, and that he has a loyal customer base. He wants to know if he should implement a loyalty scheme.   View Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2011.

Interviewed with 4 people. Disorganized interview. Feedback was that Sr. Director said I didn't get an offer because I didn't take enough notes. One other person agreed that I didn't take enough notes. The other 2 said I took just the right amount of notes. I didn't take ANY notes. No follow-up was made by IMS of the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were part of a team that no one understands in this company?   Answer Question

Analyste commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2011.

Le premier entretien a eu lieu dans leur bureau.

Il consistait d'une interview face à face avec le Directeur de Recrutement, et d'un argument commercial seul à seul avec un expert.

Les questions concernant votre motivation et votre parcours sont basiques.

L'argument commercial était très analytique, pas de pièges.

On m'a convié au second entretien une semaine plus tard.

The first round interview took place in their office.
    It consisted on a 1:1 interview with the HR, and a 1:1 business case with a consultant.
    The questions on your motivation and background are standard.
    The business case was very analytical, no tricks.
    I got invited to the second round interview a week after.

Managed Market COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2010.

1st: phone interview
    2nd: In person at the NJ office, about 4 hrs. interviewed with consultants and managers while working on your case study. there were 4 other candidates in the room. We presented our case individually.

Interview Questions
    • An eight gallon container is full and both a three gallon container and a five gallon container are empty. Without using any other containers, divide the water into two equal amounts.   View Answers (2)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in December 2010.

First had phone interview, then 2 face to face interviews, consisting of competency and case studies and a presentation.

Architect Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2011.

End to end questions about experience, technical leadership and industry knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the technical platform I would use under a specific scenario.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2012.

I went through one round of phone interviews waiting to go through the inperson interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you figure out the most important table in a database?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.