IMS Health

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst/Consultant Interview

Analyst/Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Applied through school's website. Initial contact was within a week to schedule a phone interview after 5PM as the team is usually very busy. Interview was a conference call with bad reception and one interviewer had a very hard to understand accent. Of course she was the one to describe the job and I understood maybe every fourth word she said. During the case question, the interviewer sighed very loudly, which I found rude and very unprofessional.

Interview Question – -Tell me about your resume
-Why IMS Health?
-What are 3 strengths/weaknesses?
-How do you work on a team?
Case question: Pharma company X is experiencing a drop in sales... what are some reasons for this?
  Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

Interview Details – I waited a long time (1.5 months) after submitting my resume, although I had an employee referral. I received another offer while waiting, pressed IMS for an answer and was immediately called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager only. We discussed my skills and experience by walking through the standard interview questions. The rest of the team was not invited to meet with me. A few days later I met with the group's VP, but that conversation was mostly intended to confirm a personality fit.

Interview Question – Nothing uexpected, the interview was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. I was asked to fill out a screening questionnaire. After that, I had to pursue the recruiter for months before I could get an interview.

I was informed of the interview process by email. There were supposed to be 2 personal interviews and one case study presentation.

The process was very unprofessional, as two additional interview round was added that were not on the original list. The questions were meant to ask me how much I knew about the pharmaceutical industry. Quite irrelevant since my current profile does not involve knowing much about the industry. The case study was a market sizing case study that had to be presented to the panelists. I started presenting and was told that I had made some incorrect assumptions. I was asked to carry on using my original assumptions, but was always cross questioned on my approach based on what they thought should have been assumed.

I was not given a chance to ask questions to the interviewers.

The interviews went over time by 2 hours. I heard back on the job, a month after I had interviewed.

Interview Question – Many questions were unexpected like how would I rate my pharma industry knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. I was not happy with the offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in November 2013.

Interview Details – PHONE INTERVIEW

Interview Question – CASE STUDY AND FEW BASIC BEHAVIOR QUESTIONS   View Answer

Competitive Intelligence Consultant Interview

Competitive Intelligence Consultant
Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got called for first round phone interview two months after I had applied online. It was a 45 minute screening and fit interview, or so they said at first. To my surprise, I got asked to work on mini cases, in which they were not looking for structured consulting like approach, but rather wanted to see if you exhibit a thinking process they seek for in this particular position. Aside from that suprise turn of the interview, it was straight forward fit and screen, resume discussion, and motivation for the position.

Interview Question – Your competitor is XYZ company, and they have discontinued their ABC drug, which you have a competitive drug for in Phase II trial. How would you go about trying to find out what happened to ABC drug?   View Answer

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview:
I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺

On-site interview:
A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished.

I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Question – How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2013.

Interview Details – Three rounds, first two where phone interviews one with HR and the next was with Engagement Manager which did at the end a small business case. (4P)
Once I past that round I was invited to a third round in company headquarters in NY for a full day , where I had three case interviews and one behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Teach me something I don't know?   View Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Engagement Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Consisted of face to face interviews with 3 Engagement Managers (same level I was interviewing for). Then had to prepare a presentation based on a case study (you get 45 minutes to prepare it). Presented this to the 3 people I interviewed with as well as a Senior Principal level.

Interview Question – The case study was the most challenging. Deciding on how deep to go with answers, was there enough info to make clear recommendations, etc.   Answer Question

Client Services Analyst Interview

Client Services Analyst

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 upper level managers - only 1 interview

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Administrative Assistant II
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had two phone screens, then a face to face with the 3 partners.

Interview Question – how would your previous employer describe you?   View Answer