IMS Health Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

3.1

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Four interviews with Senior Principal, Principal Statistician, Senior Statistician and Senior Principal again, one at week, and an extra week to negotiate. The interviews were about my previous jobs, my background, some technical details about SAS and some complex tests, what I could offer to the role, etc. They were very open to answer questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At first they accept all my requirements. The signed position was worst than agreed position in the interview althought the salary was the same. They accepted half week of homeworking but really I went every day to the office.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Webcam Interview, Phone Interview, In-person interview, and a second phone interview. Process took 6 weeks. Webcam interview different and pre-recorded. Phone interviews basic resume questions and behavioral questions. In-person was with multiple interviewers over hours. Ended with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Business Case questions regarding pharmaceutical companies.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

Very hurried process. I had an interview every week for 4 weeks straight - starting with a questionnaire, three phone interviews, and then 3 in person interviews with a presentation. I would get notice for an interview 1-2 days before. During the phone interviews, the interviewers were rude and it is really obvious that they believe that they are better than you. They will focus on certain topics (data manipulation/analytics) and ask you 5-6 questions per interview on those alone. Every interviewer asked me the same thing, which shows how disorganized they are/how they must not communicate with one another.

Interview Questions

• I was asked three different case questions throughout the process. Two mini cases then one case with a presentation - case was about 5 pages long.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

I found the interview process to be disorganized. I had four phone/video interviews prior to the "next phase," which is when I would have an in-person interview. Either the interviewers do not share information or they are very inefficient because I have had to share the same information on a loop. At this point, I would not be interested in even going in for the in-person interviews since what I have experienced thus far has been absurd. Not only that, but the main phone interview I had was downright painful. I have never had to go into so much detail about my previous positions as I did with this organization. I felt like the interviewer was getting mad at me, intimidating me, and practically yelled at me for attempting to explain myself. Perhaps this is the nature of the organization, but this has been a good way to learn I am not interested in being an employee here.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current company when it clearly has what you are looking for?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

Its Very tough, They totally test all your knowledge in deep. You need to be technically very sound. What ever you say, make sure that you have worked on it and understand its concepts well. Dont bluff on any point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1 week

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

There were 4 interviews in total. The process was a bit slow. Usually the process starts with a detailed discussion with a consultant followed by a discussion with the hiring manager. A fit test is done by the director.

Interview Questions

• None. All the questions asked were similar to the typical industry standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They usually take a lot of time to prepare an offer and are not open to negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health in June 2014.

Interview

The first round was a recorded video interview. It was really basic. Just asking your strenghts, your experiences, willingness to travel, things like that. I thought I screwed up badly but I advanced to the next round. The next round was the phone interview and included a case study question. I thought I did okay but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions. The case study was simple and straightforward. I had to compare markets for disease A and B and decide which one to enter.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very easy process. I came to the Plymouth Meeting office to have two in person meetings. The interviewers spoke as much or more than I did. I was made an offer by the end of that week.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

In delpth, one interview lasting about 2.5 hours, you will meet with Senior executives whom you would potentially support

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMS Health (Collegeville, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Questions

• 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.