IMS Health

3.1

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health.

Two interviews one by phone and then I was flown in.

Analyst/Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMS Health.

Applied through school's website. Initial contact was within a week to schedule a phone interview after 5PM as the team is usually very busy. Interview was a conference call with bad reception and one interviewer had a very hard to understand accent. Of course she was the one to describe the job and I understood maybe every fourth word she said. During the case question, the interviewer sighed very loudly, which I found rude and very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me about your resume
      -Why IMS Health?
      -What are 3 strengths/weaknesses?
      -How do you work on a team?
      Case question: Pharma company X is experiencing a drop in sales... what are some reasons for this?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Questions
    • Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   View Answer
    They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Applied online, received screening interview 1 week later. Then was moved forward to phone interview with manager(s). Scheduling and rescheduling of interview due to conflicts on manager side took over 4+ weeks--two reschedules on the day of the interview and for the third scheduled phone interview, they neglected to call at all! Very disorganized process. Finally was able to phone interview with managers, and had a pleasant experience, but scheduling the in-person interview was a pain as well. Ended up declining offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about performing client work for pharmaceutical companies?   Answer Question

Position wasn't a good fit for long-term career interests, and office is in an inconvenient location.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in December 2013.

I first had a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The first forty minutes or so were dedicated to a pretty easy case study, and the last 15-20 to some generic behavioral questions and why I was interested in the company. They got back to me within the day about coming into the office for an in-person interview.

At the office, I met with 4 people. In the first portion of the interview, I had to write a mock letter. Next was two standard case studies, neither of which were terribly hard, and finally, a behavior interview.

Interview Questions
    • Had to write a mock letter. A hypothetical client was asking some complex questions that would take my team a week or two to answer, and as manager, I had to respond to the client detailing the delay and why.   View Answer

Competitive Intelligence Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health in December 2013.

I got called for first round phone interview two months after I had applied online. It was a 45 minute screening and fit interview, or so they said at first. To my surprise, I got asked to work on mini cases, in which they were not looking for structured consulting like approach, but rather wanted to see if you exhibit a thinking process they seek for in this particular position. Aside from that suprise turn of the interview, it was straight forward fit and screen, resume discussion, and motivation for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Your competitor is XYZ company, and they have discontinued their ABC drug, which you have a competitive drug for in Phase II trial. How would you go about trying to find out what happened to ABC drug?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in November 2013.

PHONE INTERVIEW

Interview Questions
    • CASE STUDY AND FEW BASIC BEHAVIOR QUESTIONS   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in August 2013.

Phone interview:
    I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺

On-site interview:
    A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished.

I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Questions
    • How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question
    I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter the next day. I was asked to fill out a screening questionnaire. After that, I had to pursue the recruiter for months before I could get an interview.

I was informed of the interview process by email. There were supposed to be 2 personal interviews and one case study presentation.

The process was very unprofessional, as two additional interview round was added that were not on the original list. The questions were meant to ask me how much I knew about the pharmaceutical industry. Quite irrelevant since my current profile does not involve knowing much about the industry. The case study was a market sizing case study that had to be presented to the panelists. I started presenting and was told that I had made some incorrect assumptions. I was asked to carry on using my original assumptions, but was always cross questioned on my approach based on what they thought should have been assumed.

I was not given a chance to ask questions to the interviewers.

The interviews went over time by 2 hours. I heard back on the job, a month after I had interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions were unexpected like how would I rate my pharma industry knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10.   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiable. I was not happy with the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Applied through website, was contacted and given a "take home" coding problem. I was called a couple of days later to schedule a 1/2 day interview including lunch. Interview by 4 people, asked normal type of coding questions and quite a bit about how culture fit. Some swearing on the interviewer part.

Interview Questions
    • Very normal tech interview, most surprising was the amount of swearing by one of the interviewers.   Answer Question
    There was a little back and forth on Salary level.