IMS Health Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2009.

I had two phone screens, then a face to face with the 3 partners.

Interview Questions
    • how would your previous employer describe you?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2008.

Went through 2 Rounds of interviews: 1st- with middle mgr and sr mgr. and the 2nd- was an all day round robbin with 5 different employees representing different departments.

Interview Questions
    • How do I know that you won't only stay for a couple of years and leave?   Answer Question
    they came in much higher than expected. no negotiation.

Data Integrity Analyst, Data Investigations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed online - interviewed at IMS Health.

First interview was conducted via telephone with HR. The second interview was in the office with two Data Integrity managers. Questions were all situational/behavioral or resume generated and were very straight forward- nothing too challenging. One of the managers spoke a great deal once we got to the interviewee question section, leaving little room for me to speak. Heard back from HR that I received an offer soon afterward.

Anonymous Employee  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in September 2011.

IMS Consulting Group is the leader in the pharma consulting industry. Their work is truly amazing and their global reach attracts the biggest clients around the world. It was a 2:1 interview on fit questions only. So candidates really have to see for themselves why they are interested in pharmaceutical and healthcare consulting, because that is all IMS does unlike other strategy consulting firms.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2010.

Interview resulted in a long term contract position through a contract company. Current employee referred me to contract company recruiter who set up interview with manager. 30 minute one on one with
    Mgr. Offered position the next day.

I'm not much of a negotiator. I was given a range prior to the interview and I asked for lower end of range (Pre interview) due to a lack of a lot of specific job experience on my part. I was trying to move up on the tech skill ladder so I priced myself competetively. I requested a raise through the contract company after a year on the job and was granted it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in March 2011.

My interview experience with IMS Health was one of the worst ever and I would caution future interviewees to be wary of the interviewing etiquette of this company. There were two interviewers present during my interviewer, and the behavior of one of them (a principal in the company) was nothing short of demeaning. The whole process made me feel devalued and humiliated.

First, he told me that picking my application was a "mistake." Throughout the interview, he would cut me off several times without giving me the chance to fully explain myself. He did this a few times. For example, in response to his question about my strengths, I said, "I value hard work." But he cut me off again and remarked condescendingly, "So do I." When he asked me where I could see myself in a few years' time, I replied, "I think my future career plans can take a variety of forms..." Again, he patronizingly cut me off and insisted he only wanted to hear about one "specific" thing. At this point, it became obvious to me that he was deliberately pushing me into a corner. Later, while I was working on the case study, he got up from his seat, walked around the room and made small talk with his colleague, as if oblivious to my presence.

After considering my nonprofit background (my resume is heavily skewed towards the nonprofit sector) and my professed interest in public service as well as working in the nonprofit sector in the future, the interviewer told me, "We are not going to be helping people here (in our company)." A distasteful remark in the context of everything else.

The interviewer also had inferiority complex issues. At one point during the conversation, I explained I was interested in consulting because as a recent college graduate, I wanted to learn a set of extremely useful skills from a group of smart, intelligent and driven people in the field of consulting. The interviewer, for some reason, took my comment as a personal affront. In response, he *pointed* at his colleague (who graduated from an Ivy League school). For some reason, he thought that my reference to "smart, intelligent and driven people" was tainted with elitist connotations and also somehow precluded him (I believe he graduated from some lower tier college). That was absolutely not my intention, and how he came to that conclusion was simply beyond me.

The interviewers were half an hour behind schedule and my interview was truncated to 20 minutes. They simply assumed they could change their schedules without giving the interviewee any notice.

Their unprofessional behavior was a total embarrassment to IMS Health and reflected negatively on the firm as a whole. When I contacted their HR, all the HR manager told me was that the interview process was "competitive" and that "IMS Consulting is a top tier consulting firm" and the interview was supposed to "assess interest and fit." She went on, "In any interview situation, we recognize that the candidate is also using that time to assess whether or not they are interested in the organization." In any case, she might even be right. If my interview experience is any accurate indication of the IMS Health culture as she proclaims, then I am glad to have seen a preview of it during the interview and to avoid the company altogether. The interviewer should be ashamed of himself for bringing down the company's reputation with his lack of professionalism.

Needless to say, I withdrew my application after the interview.

Managed Market COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2010.

1st: phone interview
    2nd: In person at the NJ office, about 4 hrs. interviewed with consultants and managers while working on your case study. there were 4 other candidates in the room. We presented our case individually.

Interview Questions
    • An eight gallon container is full and both a three gallon container and a five gallon container are empty. Without using any other containers, divide the water into two equal amounts.   View Answers (2)

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2011.

Interviewed with 4 people. Disorganized interview. Feedback was that Sr. Director said I didn't get an offer because I didn't take enough notes. One other person agreed that I didn't take enough notes. The other 2 said I took just the right amount of notes. I didn't take ANY notes. No follow-up was made by IMS of the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were part of a team that no one understands in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2011.

One hour phone interview including behavioral questions and a case study with a senior position. The interviewer was nice and did not try to make the interviewee confused or insecure. The case study came after the behavioral questions. If the phone interview goes well, then the applicant is invited to the office site for a second-round full interview (5-hour process).

Interview Questions
    • The case study question was: your client (pharma) wants to introduce a new drug to the market. Given these details about the drug and its competition, what strategy would you take and how successful do you think the new product will be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2011.

First interviewed on campus- half hour interview w/ behavioral/fit questions; half hour math test. Then second round interview was on site. Began with lunch, where all of the interviewees got a chance to meet and ask current analysts questions about the job. Then 3 half hour to forty-five minutes interviews with 1-2 interviewers each. Also, had to do a case. I was give thirty minutes to read through case and consolidate my results. Then, I presented my results informally (no powerpoint) to a group of about 10 interviewers in 15 minutes with an additional 5 minutes of Q &A

Interview Questions
    • Should Pharma company X acquire biotech company Y when considering the product/market size/etc.   Answer Question