IMS Health

3.1

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

I waited a long time (1.5 months) after submitting my resume, although I had an employee referral. I received another offer while waiting, pressed IMS for an answer and was immediately called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager only. We discussed my skills and experience by walking through the standard interview questions. The rest of the team was not invited to meet with me. A few days later I met with the group's VP, but that conversation was mostly intended to confirm a personality fit.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2010.

Interview resulted in a long term contract position through a contract company. Current employee referred me to contract company recruiter who set up interview with manager. 30 minute one on one with
    Mgr. Offered position the next day.

I'm not much of a negotiator. I was given a range prior to the interview and I asked for lower end of range (Pre interview) due to a lack of a lot of specific job experience on my part. I was trying to move up on the tech skill ladder so I priced myself competetively. I requested a raise through the contract company after a year on the job and was granted it.

Managed Market COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2010.

1st: phone interview
    2nd: In person at the NJ office, about 4 hrs. interviewed with consultants and managers while working on your case study. there were 4 other candidates in the room. We presented our case individually.

Interview Questions
    • An eight gallon container is full and both a three gallon container and a five gallon container are empty. Without using any other containers, divide the water into two equal amounts.   View Answers (2)

Market Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in May 2010.

I got a call first by their HR sometime late in April to see if I was still available for an internship. Next I got a call 3 weeks later and it was a typical HR phone interview following which 3 days later I was interviewed over the phone by the manager based on my past experience mentioned on my resume. I was then invited a week later to do a presentation on a topic I chose from 3 given topics. Some questions at the end about why I want the internship and why pharma and so on. The same day while I am driving back I get the call that I am hired!

Interview Questions
    • Describe the impact of economic downturn on Pharma inudustry.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2010.

The interview process was very efficient. I was contacted by a recruiter after I emailed my resume to a senior HR rep. The recruiter interviewed me on the phone and immediately offered to fly me and keep me at the hotel for a second round interview on site. The on-site interview was easy. A few typical consulting behavioral questions along with a case and ppt presentation. The case is slightly different from usual consulting cases. You are given the case on a piece of paper, so you don't have a chance to interact and ask questions to delve deeper into the case. Overall it was easy. I was first told that I would know the results in a week, then two weeks, then three and finally I called in on the fourth week and was told that they couldn't place me now, so would keep me in their stock.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where a client came and suggested you do things differently when you are way into the project.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a group member wasn't doing his or her task properly.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in November 2009.

The first step was a basic phone screen conducted by someone within HR. After about a week I was called in for a face-to-face interview with someone at Engagement Manager level. This interview consisted of providing examples of consulting type work experiences from my last job. I was then invited to a next round of interviews with more engagement managers and principals who all seemed a little too full of themselves. I wasn't interviewing at somewhere like McKinsey but there was all the intellectual arrogance one would attribute to them present in the people who interviewed me. It was laughable at times because quite clearly they weren't the brightest.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a client complained that the fees requested were too high?   Answer Question

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I received the financial offer. It was beyond low and quite insulting. I attempted to negotiate but was given the standard response of "you have to prove yourself...". I took a similar role with another consulting organization and was offer a salary that was 40% higher.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IMS Health in June 2009.

Phone interview followed by two full days of face to face interviews. Everyone seemed happy with roles.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at IMS Health in February 2009.

I had two phone screens, then a face to face with the 3 partners.

Interview Questions
    • how would your previous employer describe you?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2009.

Interview process initiated through the on-campus recruiting process. We had first round interviews on-campus (2 interviews) and then received a call for a follow-up interview in the office. There, it was a half-day, where you interviewed with 2 separate people, and did a mini-case in the office with a very short presentation.

All in all, I was extremely impressed with the people--everyone was very bright, warm and welcoming. They seemed to have a good office culture, as evidenced by the individuals with whom I interviewed and went to lunch with. It seemed like a very upbeat, fast-paced culture, with a lot of personal development potential.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a case presented in a few slides, with some information. Take some time to review, and then make a few slides on paper with your findings/answers to these questions, and we'll come back in for a mini-presentation.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IMS Health in January 2009.

Phone screen, 2 1:1 interviews, 1 presentation case study