IMS Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Long drawn out; the HR rounds were quick and crisp but the operations people took forever to respond and faulted on pre- appointed interview timings multiple times without intimation or regret. The operations people who came for the interview didn't appear like they had specific questions in mind or a structured process; it was all quite random.

Interview Question – Why did you get married to the one you got married to!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stick to your ground and ask for what you want. The company is growing, and they re likely to meet your requirements.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Technical Round - Started from basics and then went to advanced. Took almost an hr.
2. Manager Round - Most toughest round. Sr Manager will check your attitude, management skills, etc.
3. HR Round - Was easy. Basically checks your background and then salary negotiation happens.

Interview Question – Why IMS Health   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nice. They were giving nice hike.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Hergiswil, Lucerne (Switzerland)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2014.

Interview Details – We got in contact at a campus recruitment event, and after some email exchange I was invited for a GMAT-like test. I was then asked to come in for a round of interviews with HR, a senior consultant and a manager. In each interview they first asked a bit about my CV and I also did two cases and one brain teaser.

Interview Question – The probability that a stick (1 m) held at the rim of a circle falls within the circle as previously reported here.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cobol Developer Interview

Cobol Developer

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details – Two technical rounds and then a Manager round followed by HR round. Technical rounds were tough and it really goes into basics. Other rounds were typical and easy. HRs were reasonable enough to allow for a complete notice period and the questioning was consistent and to the point

Interview Question – Dynamic allocation of files using COBOL program   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had other offers in hand

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details – The pre-interview screening call was fairly standard but the face-to-face interview was a bit of a shocker. Firstly, I was surprised that a recruiter was assigned to go over my first technical discussion. When the interview began, it became clear the recruiter was ill-equipped to do a 'Technical Writing' interview. Further, the recruiter lacked the patience to listen to my complete answer and kept cutting me off. And not in a stress-interview way, but in an unprofessional way. It went further south when I was given a written test by the same recruiter. I was asked to write a short article. Just as I started collecting my thoughts, the recruiter got on a call with a Hiring Manager (H.M.) using the phone in the conference room and started talking with him about a certain batch of profiles that had been sent but there had been no response from the H.M.. Yes, this happened while I was asked to *write* about an impromptu topic.

It is true when they say the H.R. team is the face of the organization. While I only interacted with just one person in this company, I will carry a bias against IMS Health for a long time to come.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got call from HR. The process include, 2 telephonic, 1 managerial and 1 HR round. The questions were very simple, basic and straight forward. The want to make sure the candidate has good understanding of the basics.

Interview Question – No question as such.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company has its own standard.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IMS Health in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, process took few weeks.

It was an on site interview by two employees - after few minutes of introduction, they dived directly into technical questions. Many questions on the projects done in the past and details on the CV. HR and the interviewers were very friendly and professional.

Interview Question – review past projects and refresh all courses materials   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – Applied online and got to the group interview in their London office - it had approx. 20 candidates and we spent half the day doing group work and interviews, which included presentations, case studies and brain teasers. About 10 interviewers were present at the group interviews and the day ended with networking.

Interview Question – I cannot remember!   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – had a round of written test on the basis of which they shortlisted candidates for further rounds, then we had to write a paragraph on My Aspirations, then there were round of 3 interviews. all the rounds were good, organized in a well coordinated manner and people doing the hiring appeared professional and were good. Asked Questions about Career , life, Personality, Hobbies, what projects did in the past and about family, Last round was longest round where they inquired everything about the Resume in detail, especially achievements and projects done in past , how were they done and what were the suggestions given and improvements done etc.

Interview Question – When said Good morning Mam asked What is good about this morning?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – The first-stage interview was called a 'networking event' where we where put into groups of 4-5 and moved around 5 tables. Each table had two interviewers who asked general competency based questions (eg. why do you want to work here? give an example of working in team. etc) The questions were asked to us one by one in our groups and we sat at each table for about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – The hardest questions were the logic questions, some which were riddles or puzzles. For example, how many toasters are sold in the UK? (5 mins to work out and answer)   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMS Health