IMS Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

HEOR Analyst Interview

HEOR Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2014.

Interview Details – First round face-to-face interview with senior consultants, followed up by phone HR interview, concluded with face-to-face interview with directors and presentation to the rest of the team. Interview process went smoothly but did include several steps whereas I think a one off interview day could have been organized instead.

Interview Question – What difficulties do you expect to face working for a consultancy?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They have a high turnover rate and feared I would be looking for another job in 2 years. Also, the salary on offer was below market average.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – The first-stage interview was called a 'networking event' where we where put into groups of 4-5 and moved around 5 tables. Each table had two interviewers who asked general competency based questions (eg. why do you want to work here? give an example of working in team. etc) The questions were asked to us one by one in our groups and we sat at each table for about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – The hardest questions were the logic questions, some which were riddles or puzzles. For example, how many toasters are sold in the UK? (5 mins to work out and answer)   View Answer

Senior Principal Interview

Senior Principal
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2009.

Interview Details – For this level one is often recruited by executive search companies first or through existing relationships with the company. The first step will then also be an interview with the head hunter. In the next phase there will be a series of interviews with senior management on a one by one basis. Depending for which department you're recruited, the interview may include business case type interviews but this is mostly at the digression of the interviewer.

Interview Question – Nothing really although I was surprised that business case style interviews were also used for very senior positions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at IMS Health in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is a complete joke. Was interviewed twice for an internship. The first round included a professional group who knew what they were talking about and provided a good overview of the placement. The second round included a bunch of teenagers asking some stupid and mean questions. This group showed no sense of maturity or professionalism.

Interview Question – All the questions were answered professionally but the group showed no enthusiasm.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Really mean people. Stay away from them!

Consultant Interview

Consultant
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2009.

Interview Details – Was referred by an employee. Had a CV screen and then 2 interviews followed by a presentation. Overall pretty lightweight though it did require specialized knowledge of pharma. overall the process seemed a bit erratic. people were friendly and office as very nice, very professional. The process took a really long time which was disappointing.

Negotiation Details – Couldnt really negotiate on salary. Was only able to raise it by £1k.....

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at IMS Health in October 2011.

Interview Details – First round interview was over the phone. IT lasted 45 minutes. It had competency based questions, for 20 minutes and then the case study. It was about hotel chain in England. I had to calculate the break-even point based on the data given. It was in June 2011. Then I had an on-line numerical reasoning test. And then the second round was the assessment center. It consisted of couple of different things: 1:1 Interview (competency based + why consulting? why health & pharma industry? why IMS Health? why me?); then there was a long case study about biotech company coming up with new IP protected corn seed (resitant to drought), questions were about where should they lunch it, what kind of pricing should they offer etc; then I had to give a presentation on the topic I chose (7 days before the assessment day, we have been given some topics on pharma industry, we had to choose one and prepare a 10 minutes presentation); then there was another, short case study about the Zoo and the way it can increase profitability and the way that the Zoo-shop could start making money; in the end we had a group exercise, in a team of 4 people, we had to build a bridge out of the newspapers given and tape, that would hold an IMS doll. It was a really pleasant experience, ppl really engaing with all of us participants. There was a telephone feedback on the performance and that was very helpful!

Interview Question – Case study about drought-resistant corn seed. The question was what kind of pricing should company consider?   Answer Question

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!