IMS Health Interview Questions & Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

14 interviews

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2014.

I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Questions
    • 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   View Answer
    If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health.

I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
    Received a questionnaire from HR
    Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
    I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Experience with data manipulation
      Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
      Case presentation relating to acquisition
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Questions
    • Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   View Answer
    They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2010.

I waited a long time (1.5 months) after submitting my resume, although I had an employee referral. I received another offer while waiting, pressed IMS for an answer and was immediately called in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager only. We discussed my skills and experience by walking through the standard interview questions. The rest of the team was not invited to meet with me. A few days later I met with the group's VP, but that conversation was mostly intended to confirm a personality fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in August 2013.

Phone interview:
    I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺

On-site interview:
    A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished.

I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Questions
    • How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question
    I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2008.

Went through 2 Rounds of interviews: 1st- with middle mgr and sr mgr. and the 2nd- was an all day round robbin with 5 different employees representing different departments.

Interview Questions
    • How do I know that you won't only stay for a couple of years and leave?   Answer Question
    they came in much higher than expected. no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee  in  Collegeville, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in September 2011.

IMS Consulting Group is the leader in the pharma consulting industry. Their work is truly amazing and their global reach attracts the biggest clients around the world. It was a 2:1 interview on fit questions only. So candidates really have to see for themselves why they are interested in pharmaceutical and healthcare consulting, because that is all IMS does unlike other strategy consulting firms.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in March 2011.

My interview experience with IMS Health was one of the worst ever and I would caution future interviewees to be wary of the interviewing etiquette of this company. There were two interviewers present during my interviewer, and the behavior of one of them (a principal in the company) was nothing short of demeaning. The whole process made me feel devalued and humiliated.

First, he told me that picking my application was a "mistake." Throughout the interview, he would cut me off several times without giving me the chance to fully explain myself. He did this a few times. For example, in response to his question about my strengths, I said, "I value hard work." But he cut me off again and remarked condescendingly, "So do I." When he asked me where I could see myself in a few years' time, I replied, "I think my future career plans can take a variety of forms..." Again, he patronizingly cut me off and insisted he only wanted to hear about one "specific" thing. At this point, it became obvious to me that he was deliberately pushing me into a corner. Later, while I was working on the case study, he got up from his seat, walked around the room and made small talk with his colleague, as if oblivious to my presence.

After considering my nonprofit background (my resume is heavily skewed towards the nonprofit sector) and my professed interest in public service as well as working in the nonprofit sector in the future, the interviewer told me, "We are not going to be helping people here (in our company)." A distasteful remark in the context of everything else.

The interviewer also had inferiority complex issues. At one point during the conversation, I explained I was interested in consulting because as a recent college graduate, I wanted to learn a set of extremely useful skills from a group of smart, intelligent and driven people in the field of consulting. The interviewer, for some reason, took my comment as a personal affront. In response, he *pointed* at his colleague (who graduated from an Ivy League school). For some reason, he thought that my reference to "smart, intelligent and driven people" was tainted with elitist connotations and also somehow precluded him (I believe he graduated from some lower tier college). That was absolutely not my intention, and how he came to that conclusion was simply beyond me.

The interviewers were half an hour behind schedule and my interview was truncated to 20 minutes. They simply assumed they could change their schedules without giving the interviewee any notice.

Their unprofessional behavior was a total embarrassment to IMS Health and reflected negatively on the firm as a whole. When I contacted their HR, all the HR manager told me was that the interview process was "competitive" and that "IMS Consulting is a top tier consulting firm" and the interview was supposed to "assess interest and fit." She went on, "In any interview situation, we recognize that the candidate is also using that time to assess whether or not they are interested in the organization." In any case, she might even be right. If my interview experience is any accurate indication of the IMS Health culture as she proclaims, then I am glad to have seen a preview of it during the interview and to avoid the company altogether. The interviewer should be ashamed of himself for bringing down the company's reputation with his lack of professionalism.

Needless to say, I withdrew my application after the interview.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2011.

Interviewed with 4 people. Disorganized interview. Feedback was that Sr. Director said I didn't get an offer because I didn't take enough notes. One other person agreed that I didn't take enough notes. The other 2 said I took just the right amount of notes. I didn't take ANY notes. No follow-up was made by IMS of the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you were part of a team that no one understands in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in February 2011.

One hour phone interview including behavioral questions and a case study with a senior position. The interviewer was nice and did not try to make the interviewee confused or insecure. The case study came after the behavioral questions. If the phone interview goes well, then the applicant is invited to the office site for a second-round full interview (5-hour process).

Interview Questions
    • The case study question was: your client (pharma) wants to introduce a new drug to the market. Given these details about the drug and its competition, what strategy would you take and how successful do you think the new product will be?   Answer Question

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!