IMS Health Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.2

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took 3 weeks to complete the interview process. Applied through a job positing and later got a call from HR to schedule a ph interview. Later, they scheduled onsite interview with a panel of 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions related to SQL, database testing and intelligence tools   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IMS Health (Collegeville, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was a recent college grad when I started applying to IMS. I started by interviewing around March/April then I graduated from college in May and had a job offer before I graduated! I applied to many positions with the company, however due to the large quanitities of resume's they receive it took awhile to hear back for some of the positions. Once they did call it was more waiting game, however I was constantly in contact with one of the recruiters who helped me out and answered any/all of my emails/questions. The process for analyst, consultant, EM, ect is as follows: Phone screening with HR followed by an in person interview consisting of a 45 minute evaluation of a case study, 3 one on one interviews and finally presentation of my case study to the panel of interviewers. On a different positions interview for an analyst position I was asked to perform a few basic excel functions such as pivot tables, filtering, etc infront of a panel of interviewers. After this I was brought in 2 more times to meet other people on the team (it took 2 times because I had to meet with everyone on the team and some were on vacation the first time I was in) This was the position I accepted and I could not be happier! The interview process may be hard and at times frustrating with the waiting, however I have a great salary, great benefits, wonderful team, and am very happy with IMS!!

Interview Questions

• 1 case study I was asked to evaluate was on an oral cancer drug where I was to evaluate the market place, competition, projected sales, projected market size, etc. Then I was to present all of my findings to the panel that I had previously in the day interview with seperately.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If I wanted to wait longer for my offer then I could have negotiated, however I was very happy with my offer and felt no need to negotiate my salary. Benefits are non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows: Received a questionnaire from HR Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience. I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation. In all, a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Experience with data manipulation Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at Case presentation relating to acquisition   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. There is an upfront background submission, detailing past work experiences and salary demands. Next comes a 30 minute phone call, behavioral questions with a 10 minute high-level case, no quantitative aspect included. Should you move on, you will be brought in for an in-person interview day, with 3 rounds of 2:1, focusing mostly on behavioral/fit questions. There is a case component that includes a 45-minute period for you to review the case, and afterward 15 minutes for a panel presentation and Q&A. All-in-all, not a stressful process, but be sure you have practiced cases and are comfortable speaking in front of audiences, with a logical thought process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the case, asking to choose between different business models for a pharma company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours. I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly. I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Questions

• Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy process, expect a lot of rounds or 5 interviews back to back. First phone screening than meet with Business Analyst, director, project managers, leadership team and it took around 2 weeks for them to get back to me so be patient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview: I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺ On-site interview: A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished. I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Questions

• How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMS Health (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

It's a multi panel interview, with a case study you have to prepare and present on the spot. The purpose is to see how you handle stress. The presentation comes at the end of the 5 hour interviews with multiple people,

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collegeville, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Health (Collegeville, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

IMS Consulting Group is the leader in the pharma consulting industry. Their work is truly amazing and their global reach attracts the biggest clients around the world. It was a 2:1 interview on fit questions only. So candidates really have to see for themselves why they are interested in pharmaceutical and healthcare consulting, because that is all IMS does unlike other strategy consulting firms.

IMS CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMS Health (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

Preliminary phone interview then a second round of face to face interviews. Case study required. Both interviews looked at applicant's background and skills. Drug test required (urinalysis). Graduate degree required. Looking for college graduates, low pay to start off.

Interview Questions

• Do you have face to face client experience? How would you approach a difficult client? How did you approach working in a team with internal conflicts?   1 Answer