IMS Health

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details – Very easy process. I came to the Plymouth Meeting office to have two in person meetings. The interviewers spoke as much or more than I did. I was made an offer by the end of that week.

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details – HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Negotiation Details – Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.

New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in November 2009.

Interview Details – The first step was a basic phone screen conducted by someone within HR. After about a week I was called in for a face-to-face interview with someone at Engagement Manager level. This interview consisted of providing examples of consulting type work experiences from my last job. I was then invited to a next round of interviews with more engagement managers and principals who all seemed a little too full of themselves. I wasn't interviewing at somewhere like McKinsey but there was all the intellectual arrogance one would attribute to them present in the people who interviewed me. It was laughable at times because quite clearly they weren't the brightest.

Interview Question – What would you do if a client complained that the fees requested were too high?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I received the financial offer. It was beyond low and quite insulting. I attempted to negotiate but was given the standard response of "you have to prove yourself...". I took a similar role with another consulting organization and was offer a salary that was 40% higher.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2012.

Interview Details – Simple & Clear.
Day One : HR interview asking about motivation to join.
Day Two: Technical & domain understanding test. ( Panel of three )
Day Three: Interview with cross functional managers

Interview Question – Why IMS Health ?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2012.

Interview Details – I went through one round of phone interviews waiting to go through the inperson interview.

Interview Question – How would you figure out the most important table in a database?   View Answer

Montreal, QC (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in May 2012.

Interview Details – A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2011.

Interview Details – 2 panel interviews with 2 individuals each and a presentation.
I found out that they hire when they get a project, so there was no job available at that time, information which was not disclosed prior to the interview.

Also, if you need to travel for the interview watch out for the reimbursement as you are given the run-around even though they tell you prior to the interview that you will get paid for it.
The company used to be very professional a few years ago, but it changed. I would not recommend it.

Interview Question – Pharma company will a multitude of issues to be solved.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

The process took 2 days - interviewed at IMS Health in November 2010.

Interview Details – First contact with inhouse recruiter, needed to follow up twice to get to interview appointment.
Second contact was in person with peer as 1:1 meeting, one person only.
Third contact was with three more senior members (Principal/Senior Principal) to whom the role would report. Consisted of personality fit, case study (answer needs to be following *their* quantitative, analytical thinking model), Q&A. They are trying to assess business development potential and mentoring potential.
Heard about two to tree weeks later about outcome, no feedback on interview provided

Interview Question – Teach me something.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMS Health

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IMS Health Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by IMS Health employees and interview candidates.