IMS Health Senior Consultant Interview Questions

3.4

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very easy process. I came to the Plymouth Meeting office to have two in person meetings. The interviewers spoke as much or more than I did. I was made an offer by the end of that week.

Other Interview Reviews for IMS Health

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IMS Health.

Interview

HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Negotiation

Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The first step was a basic phone screen conducted by someone within HR. After about a week I was called in for a face-to-face interview with someone at Engagement Manager level. This interview consisted of providing examples of consulting type work experiences from my last job. I was then invited to a next round of interviews with more engagement managers and principals who all seemed a little too full of themselves. I wasn't interviewing at somewhere like McKinsey but there was all the intellectual arrogance one would attribute to them present in the people who interviewed me. It was laughable at times because quite clearly they weren't the brightest.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client complained that the fees requested were too high?   Answer Question

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I received the financial offer. It was beyond low and quite insulting. I attempted to negotiate but was given the standard response of "you have to prove yourself...". I took a similar role with another consulting organization and was offer a salary that was 40% higher.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IMS Health (Bangalore (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Simple & Clear. Day One : HR interview asking about motivation to join. Day Two: Technical & domain understanding test. ( Panel of three ) Day Three: Interview with cross functional managers

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IMS Health (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IMS Health in April 2012.

Interview

I went through one round of phone interviews waiting to go through the inperson interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out the most important table in a database?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at IMS Health in July 2011.

Interview

2 panel interviews with 2 individuals each and a presentation. I found out that they hire when they get a project, so there was no job available at that time, information which was not disclosed prior to the interview. Also, if you need to travel for the interview watch out for the reimbursement as you are given the run-around even though they tell you prior to the interview that you will get paid for it. The company used to be very professional a few years ago, but it changed. I would not recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Pharma company will a multitude of issues to be solved.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IMS Health in November 2010.

Interview

First contact with inhouse recruiter, needed to follow up twice to get to interview appointment. Second contact was in person with peer as 1:1 meeting, one person only. Third contact was with three more senior members (Principal/Senior Principal) to whom the role would report. Consisted of personality fit, case study (answer needs to be following *their* quantitative, analytical thinking model), Q&A. They are trying to assess business development potential and mentoring potential. Heard about two to tree weeks later about outcome, no feedback on interview provided