IMS Research Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMS Research

Candidate Interview Review

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMS Research (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a questionnaire with very simply questions. Next, was called in for an interview. Started out like any other standard interview - manager seemed really nice and knowledgable. Was then asked to provide a sample of my writing style by writing on two topics for 30 minutes. Next, came the weird part!... Told that we were going to role play. Was given the task to forecast the sales for an industry by interviewing a market expert (really a VP playing the part); then, working in Excel to build the forecast using whatever information I thought about asking during that 5 minutes of prep; and last, presenting my findings to a small group. The entire interview process took 3.5 hours, was extremely nerve raking, but definitely lets you know what working there would be like.

Interview Questions

I analyze market research, not cold call random people to rather intelligence to THEN analyze it... plus the fact they offered a very low salary, I could not accept the offer. The only good part was that after the long interview, I received an offer letter that night.