INEOS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.9

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at INEOS (Naperville, IL).

Interview

Applied online was asked to come to site four interview 4 weeks after I applied. Met with hiring manager & spent time with the person that I was going to work with. Also, toured the building & did sit down with two other team members. Talked about my education & my experience, easy & laid back people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at INEOS in October 2014.

Interview

I was not invited for a second interview. I believe there was an issue with the way my resume was formatted though. The came to my school in September. I did not know until November if I was chosen for round two interview or not.

Interview Questions

• Why did you Fail a course last semester? This question threw me off. Although I did fail it, I took it again and my GPA went up for the replaced grade. The original grade, though not applied to my GPA, shows up on my transcript.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Interview on campus through campus recruitment. General rundown of credentials, knowledge about the company and it area of business, and asked several STAR situational questions, 5 in total. Really easy to talk to recruiter and received a lot of feedback about the company, hiring situation, and the job and growth.

Interview Questions

• Started the interview asking where I saw myself in 5 years, responded that I would like to see myself on my way to being a project engineer. Recruiter was a new graduate and already a project engineer.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at INEOS (Alvin, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied online and then received a call to schedule an interview about 2 weeks later. I interviewed with two of the head managers first. After that, I immediately interviewed with 2 ladies that I would be working with if selected for the position.

The two managers were extremely nice and made me feel very comfortable. It was a relaxed atmosphere and they were very conversation and helped put me at ease. It was probably the best interview experience I've ever had.

The two ladies I interviewed with were equally as nice and conversational.

About a week after the interview, I received an email saying I hadn't been selected. Everyone was very nice and respectful, from start to finish. Seems like an excellent company to work for and the culture is positive.

Interview Questions

• give a time when you had to deal with someone of a different culture and how did you deal with it   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at INEOS (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Started off with phone interview for pre-selection screening -> received a call for in-person interview one week later. The interview process was straight-forward - the people were very accommodating and welcoming, and the interviews lasted 3 hours. Three separate interviews occurred, with each interviewer asking similar personality and situational questions. Lunch was served with a slice of company overview, glossing over the operations and benefits. Facility tour -> end of interviewing day.

Interview Questions

• One guy was very adamant about getting the interviewee to answer in first person regarding previous school/occupational projects. If you worked in a team at any point and tend to be a team player, watch out! Be sure to explain your _direct_ role in projects, even if multiple people accomplished the same goal. I'm not sure why the interviewer badgered over this so insistently, but the interviewer wants to hear your _direct_ actions taken when referring to group projects. Some times it is appropriate for an 'I' in 'team'. (Mainly when it's a hurdle you must pass through to land a job)   Answer Question

My heart was not in it at this place.

Applications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in League City, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at INEOS (League City, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I was able to get through two interviews with this company. They set up the first one...I went in and had a panel interview (approx 5 managers). Then I was called back for a second interview. They were very professional...but the process took several months.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 5 years?   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at INEOS (Naperville, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

was very easy and straight forward, people were very courteous & nice, no pressure environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Could not negotiate anything more than what they offered

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at INEOS (Bath, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with a few questions re CV and competency. Also had a chance for me to ask a few questions which was useful in finding out more about what INEOS do.

Interview Questions

• Lots of competency questions, all very similar: describe a time when.....   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at INEOS.

Interview

Applied to the position through an on campus recruiting website. After a pre screening, I was awarded an interview. The interview was purely behavioral with questions such as "what are your biggest technical strengths and weaknesses?" or "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?". Pretty standard question bank. Another interesting question was to talk about a time when I had to change priorities.

Interview Questions

• They asked about other companies I had applied to and if I had heard back from any of them yet   Answer Question

It was not necessarily the field I wanted to work in.

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at INEOS in November 2011.

Interview

Online personality test conducted a week prior to interview. Individual interview with HR, cross-functional panel interview and off-site group interview. HR interview was routine HR. Panel interview was unexpected format. Very heavy concentration on results of online personality test. Overtly challenging lead interviewer. Exchanges between individual interviewers revealed differing philosophies on some topics. One panel member was primarily observing.

Interview Questions

• The results of the personality test were discussed at length although the results were not shared ahead of the interview.   1 Answer