ING Americas

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Entry Interview

Data Entry
Minot, ND

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ING Americas in September 2011.

Interview Details – I originally went into the job fair at ING because of the Account Coordinator position I found on the ING website. I took a short tour of the building and then I had a 5 minute interview with the Data Entry/DEN supervisor. I was not at all interested in Data Entry, but when the "Talent Manager" called 2 days later, she seemed to think that Data Entry was all anyone was capable of. She scheduled a second interview with the Data Entry/DEN supervisor and I met with him the next week. In this second interview, the supervisor was kind of awkward and seemed to be very bored with the whole process. I know some companies will have the hiring manager act kind of like a jerk to throw you for a loop, but I honestly didn't see that it was necessary for an entry level job where no real customer interaction was required.
No job offer or contingent offer was made during interview. He estimated 2-3 weeks before he would make any decisions, called me 4 days later to make offer.
*note*Background check process was pretty thorough. Even traffic tickets matter, so disclose everything. I ran a motor vehicle report on myself to make sure I had not forgotten anything.

Interview Questions

• Have you, as an employee or supervisor, ever disagreed with policies set up by your company and how did you handle them?   Answer Question
  • What is your greatest accomplishment? What are your future goals in life?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for the DEN training program

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ING Americas in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial screening over the phone, then an hour intro about the company and phone interview next day. Very generic, nothing special, they just try to screen people as much as possible.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – No pay, you have to work on commissions pretty much.

Very Difficult Interview

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Atlanta, GA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at ING Americas in April 2007.

Interview Details – The overall hirign process was intense. 1st round of interview was with a 8 individual attorneys for 30 minutes each. 2nd round I interviewed with Director of Infrastructure & head of IT. 3rd round I had a 30 minute interview with the CIO. 4th round, I interviewed with the General Counsel for 1 hour. they drilled me on my passed experience and knowledge of technology law, technology processes and general contracting procedures.

Interview Question – I did not find any of the question difficult. I did feel however that some of the business people did not have a strong grasp on the overall contracting process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Keep an open mind and let them put their best offer on the table. The paid me $10,000 more than I asked.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

Interviewed at ING Americas

Interview Details – I was a rehire to this position. The process was my ex-boss notifying me of a position, we negotiated and I was brought back in as a manager.

Interview Question – Why did you leave?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ING Americas in January 2010.

Interview Details – The phone interview is only 15 min long, i guess the recruiter had already made his decision in the first 5 min.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ING Americas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ING Americas interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by ING Americas employees and interview candidates.