ING Americas

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ING Americas.

I applied online following a Monster posting and was contacted within a week. After passing the phone screening, I was invited to come in to the office for the first interview. When I showed up to the interview, I met with other intern candidates, which was unexpected. We were grouped together and given an overview and introduction by HR. There was another interview round thereafter, whereby all the candidates were interviewed individually by members of the various departments at the office. Offers were extended in a matter of weeks, but interns did not get to choose under which department.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that I considered difficult or unexpected. Consistently the interviewers across the various departments appeared to be interested in learning about my background and what prompted me to pursue the MBA program. There were also questions on why I selected to attend the business school that I did, pros and cons to pursuing the program full-time vs. part-time, and what I considered to be the advantages/benefits of an internship.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phase. It was take it or leave it.

IT Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING Americas.

The interview was on the phone and in person. Met with manager and who was nice as well as my managers manager. But cordial and friendly, no technical test, basic questions on why looking and past experience.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just be flexible, in IT, be able to work around weekends and if needed on holidays. Knowldge on Omni, experience with Omni.   Answer Question
    Icounetred, but they offered partial telecommuting which was great, accepted.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ING Americas in January 2012.

Initial screening over the phone, then an hour intro about the company and phone interview next day. Very generic, nothing special, they just try to screen people as much as possible.

Interview Questions

No pay, you have to work on commissions pretty much.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ING Americas in September 2011.

I originally went into the job fair at ING because of the Account Coordinator position I found on the ING website. I took a short tour of the building and then I had a 5 minute interview with the Data Entry/DEN supervisor. I was not at all interested in Data Entry, but when the "Talent Manager" called 2 days later, she seemed to think that Data Entry was all anyone was capable of. She scheduled a second interview with the Data Entry/DEN supervisor and I met with him the next week. In this second interview, the supervisor was kind of awkward and seemed to be very bored with the whole process. I know some companies will have the hiring manager act kind of like a jerk to throw you for a loop, but I honestly didn't see that it was necessary for an entry level job where no real customer interaction was required.
    No job offer or contingent offer was made during interview. He estimated 2-3 weeks before he would make any decisions, called me 4 days later to make offer.
    *note*Background check process was pretty thorough. Even traffic tickets matter, so disclose everything. I ran a motor vehicle report on myself to make sure I had not forgotten anything.

Interview Questions
    • Have you, as an employee or supervisor, ever disagreed with policies set up by your company and how did you handle them?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment? What are your future goals in life?   Answer Question
    No negotiations for the DEN training program

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at ING Americas in April 2007.

The overall hirign process was intense. 1st round of interview was with a 8 individual attorneys for 30 minutes each. 2nd round I interviewed with Director of Infrastructure & head of IT. 3rd round I had a 30 minute interview with the CIO. 4th round, I interviewed with the General Counsel for 1 hour. they drilled me on my passed experience and knowledge of technology law, technology processes and general contracting procedures.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find any of the question difficult. I did feel however that some of the business people did not have a strong grasp on the overall contracting process.   View Answer
    Keep an open mind and let them put their best offer on the table. The paid me $10,000 more than I asked.

IT Manager Interview

I was a rehire to this position. The process was my ex-boss notifying me of a position, we negotiated and I was brought back in as a manager.

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ING Americas in January 2010.

The phone interview is only 15 min long, i guess the recruiter had already made his decision in the first 5 min.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your current job, esp the quantitative and analytical skills   Answer Question
    • What have you accomplished in the past 3 years.   Answer Question