ING

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minot, ND

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ING in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very thorough, asking numerous questions ranging from background experience, to 'what would you do in this case' scenarios, to questions unrelated to the job description. The hiring individual ended up being my boss, which I didn't discover until later. He was very friendly and easy going and made the interview environment comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me an experience where you were working and even though you were upset, you still managed to pull through. What happened and what did you learn from that experience? (Not verbatim, but it's pretty much the gist of it)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiations; they were pretty firm with what they wanted to offer despite any previous experience.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ING in June 2012.

Interview Details – Extremely disappointed by this. I did a phone interview with a department manager on a Friday morning that took roughly 15 minutes. The individual then said he wanted to move on to the next steps which was bringing me in to the office to do the assessments which if passed would then be moved to a face to face interview. He advised me that I would get a call later that afternoon to schedule. I did not receive any such call. I decided to wait to see if they called on Monday by around 1:00 pm on Monday I still had not received a call so I called them. I was told that the assistant who does the scheduling was backed up and that I should get a call later on that day and they were planning on doing the tests on Thursday. Monday goes by with no call. I'm of the mindset that he wouldn't have called me back if they didn't want me to come in so I didn't worry about it too much. Tuesday comes and goes still no call. Wednesday is July 4th so they are closed here we are on Thursday the day when I was told I should be coming in for testing and I have yet to be contacted. My here is this. If you were not actually considering me for the position and had no intention of calling me in why tell me not once but twice that you wanted me to come in for assessments. I've been unemployed now for 9 weeks and have been told no at least 50 times by employers. My feelings would not be hurt by this. My feelings ARE however hurt by being led to believe that ING was interested in hiring me when in fact they were not. Now I'm left feeling like if they manage to get their stuff together and do in fact call me in (I'm not holding my breath) would I even want to work for a company that is obviously so disorganized and has already shown a severe lack of respect towards a prospective employee I can only imagine how the current employees are treated.

Interview Question – Can you explain a time when you felt like you did an extremely good job helping a customer with an issue?   View Answer

Windsor, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ING in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview, afterwards we scheduled an appt for me to go take the skills test. after i passed the test, i was interviewed by two supervisors and a week later i was called with an offer which i accepted.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Worked for ING? Contribute to the Community!