ING Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the customer service position they had posted on their website. A few days later I was sent an email to do an assessment. After I had completed it, I was contacted again via email about a good time to contact me. The recuiter called the next day and went over pay, job description etc. I was told I'd hear back in a few days from the onsite hiring manager. Sure enough she called that following Monday and I had a 10 minute phone interview. Once I successfully completed the phone interview she scheduled me to come in the next day for an on site interview.
I came to the interview early and the new hiring manager complimented me on that. The building is quite large but has a quiet small environment. We went into the conference room and from there she asked me the formal questions.
After the interview she stated I would hear something back that Friday or the following week.
Friday came and the recuiter sent me some paperwork I needed to sign and fax or email in. Monday came and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for ING

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Extremely disappointed by this. I did a phone interview with a department manager on a Friday morning that took roughly 15 minutes. The individual then said he wanted to move on to the next steps which was bringing me in to the office to do the assessments which if passed would then be moved to a face to face interview. He advised me that I would get a call later that afternoon to schedule. I did not receive any such call. I decided to wait to see if they called on Monday by around 1:00 pm on Monday I still had not received a call so I called them. I was told that the assistant who does the scheduling was backed up and that I should get a call later on that day and they were planning on doing the tests on Thursday. Monday goes by with no call. I'm of the mindset that he wouldn't have called me back if they didn't want me to come in so I didn't worry about it too much. Tuesday comes and goes still no call. Wednesday is July 4th so they are closed here we are on Thursday the day when I was told I should be coming in for testing and I have yet to be contacted. My here is this. If you were not actually considering me for the position and had no intention of calling me in why tell me not once but twice that you wanted me to come in for assessments. I've been unemployed now for 9 weeks and have been told no at least 50 times by employers. My feelings would not be hurt by this. My feelings ARE however hurt by being led to believe that ING was interested in hiring me when in fact they were not. Now I'm left feeling like if they manage to get their stuff together and do in fact call me in (I'm not holding my breath) would I even want to work for a company that is obviously so disorganized and has already shown a severe lack of respect towards a prospective employee I can only imagine how the current employees are treated.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time when you felt like you did an extremely good job helping a customer with an issue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ING (Minot, ND) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very thorough, asking numerous questions ranging from background experience, to 'what would you do in this case' scenarios, to questions unrelated to the job description. The hiring individual ended up being my boss, which I didn't discover until later. He was very friendly and easy going and made the interview environment comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an experience where you were working and even though you were upset, you still managed to pull through. What happened and what did you learn from that experience? (Not verbatim, but it's pretty much the gist of it)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiations; they were pretty firm with what they wanted to offer despite any previous experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at ING (Windsor, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview, afterwards we scheduled an appt for me to go take the skills test. after i passed the test, i was interviewed by two supervisors and a week later i was called with an offer which i accepted.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at ING in November 2013.

Interview

The hiring began through a staffing agency which follows strict selection rules. Once selected, theoretical preparation followed for a knowledge test. During the hiring process, there were group interviews and personal interviews where skills were tested. After this process, the applicant will be informed whether he/she will be accepted. Following that are skills tests related to job-relevant tasks.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the job-related questions during the personal interview. This is of course purely personal and is likely different for each person.   1 Answer