ING Direct

Interview Details – 4 interviews and pre screening

Interview Question – None really straight forward   Answer Question

Bank Associate Interview

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING Direct in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for job online via career website. Was contacted by a recruiter from the company. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and info was sent to me via email. Looked over emailed information and took required personality test online. After phone interview and personality test, was invited for interview at office. Interviewed by two different managers separately. After offer was given, was required to take drug test at independent facility.

Interview Question – What do you think about the pay?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was fixed and stated during initial applications process. Salary for this position non-negotiable. Salary also included performance bonuses.

Sales Associate Interview

Interviewed at ING Direct

Interview Details – Phone interview then group and finally single.

Interview Question – WHat your are looking to do here.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview Details – In person interviews with various levels of management within the department

Negotiation Details – pretty cut and dry.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interviewed at ING Direct

Interview Details – Large group meeting first with other potential employees. Two interviews and was offered the job. MOre worried about who you know and what potential clients you may have.

Interview Question – What is your plan to maximize your business   View Answer

Intern Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ING Direct in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 people. It was HR and pretty basic question

Interview Question – Why to choose IT position in Bank industry?   Answer Question

Sales Associate-Promoter Interview

Sales Associate-Promoter
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ING Direct in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process was very straight forward with no surprises, they let you know how everything is going to go before you arrive for the interview. They even disclose salary and expectations before interview. They have nothing to hide... You usually interview with 1 or 2 maanagers or coahes to see how well you interact with them and other associates. They want real people who are eager to learn and not set in their ways.

Interview Question – They did not have any unexpected questions except for the usuL "NAME a time you failed at something""   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at ING Direct in May 2012.

Interview Details – ING was looking for recent graduates to become financial advisor for there company. It's not what you all think. The job is all modern day cold calling. You have to find clients on your own and make them commit to ING. Most of these clients should be rich too, which would make it even harder for a 22 year old.

Interview Questions

Applications Services Internship Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ING Direct in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone screen by a hiring manager in HR. She called me and asked some basic behavioral questions and asked me to go through my resume. She asked about the projects I have done in school and challenges I faced. The second step was an in office interview with 3 different managers on the App Services team. The interview took about 2 hours in total, and they asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the job. Overall, I thought the interview was very manageable and definitely interesting.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite character from The Jersey Shore?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ING Direct in February 2012.

Interview Details – Received interview through on-campus recruiting. Originally it was only one 30 min interview, but then it changed to 2 30 minute interviews with two people in the marketing department.

interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions and some questions focused on what do I know about ING Direct and what do I think about the recent merger with Capital One. 2nd interviewer asked me a few more different behavioral questions and a mini-case question

Cultural: very horizontal, most people live in Philly

Interview Questions

• ING Direct is thinking about opening up a student checking/savings account. How would you go about doing that?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about ING Direct through your research?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the most important parts of your career history   Answer Question
  • Which Microsoft Office Suite program would you be and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ING Direct

Worked for ING Direct? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ING Direct interview questions and advice. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by ING Direct employees and interview candidates.