ING Direct

Relevance Date Difficulty

Wintel Analyst II Interview

Wintel Analyst II
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ING Direct in October 2011.

Interview Details – There were 2 sets of interviews lasting roughly 2hrs a piece, very detailed. Parking was provided with the process and free lunch as well. I had to take a skills test as well as a drug test.

Interview Question – I can't remember as this was a few years ago   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate extra vacation time.

Intern Interview

Intern
Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at ING Direct in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 4 people. It was HR and pretty basic question

Interview Question – Why to choose IT position in Bank industry?   Answer Question

Applications Services Internship Interview

Applications Services Internship
Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ING Direct in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone screen by a hiring manager in HR. She called me and asked some basic behavioral questions and asked me to go through my resume. She asked about the projects I have done in school and challenges I faced. The second step was an in office interview with 3 different managers on the App Services team. The interview took about 2 hours in total, and they asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the job. Overall, I thought the interview was very manageable and definitely interesting.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite character from The Jersey Shore?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ING Direct in February 2012.

Interview Details – Received interview through on-campus recruiting. Originally it was only one 30 min interview, but then it changed to 2 30 minute interviews with two people in the marketing department.

interview mainly consisted of behavioral questions and some questions focused on what do I know about ING Direct and what do I think about the recent merger with Capital One. 2nd interviewer asked me a few more different behavioral questions and a mini-case question

Cultural: very horizontal, most people live in Philly

Interview Questions

• ING Direct is thinking about opening up a student checking/savings account. How would you go about doing that?   Answer Question
  • What do you know about ING Direct through your research?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the most important parts of your career history   Answer Question
  • Which Microsoft Office Suite program would you be and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ING Direct in October 2010.

Interview Details – I met the recruiters at an on-campus career fair. There seemed to be several students who had also been invited for interviews. At the interview session (about one week after the fair), they met with a whole group of interviewees then two 1:1 interviews. Their behavioral questions were intended to figure out if you could cope with starting down a very slow path to success but eventually weathering the storm. I decided that financial consulting wasn't for me.

Interview Question – Many of our first-year consultants lose confidence after the first year. Why do you feel you have what it takes to commit to such an unpredictable career path?   Answer Question

Sales Associate-Promoter Interview

Sales Associate-Promoter
Wilmington, DE

The process took a day - interviewed at ING Direct in April 2008.

Interview Details – Staff was really great, super friendly. I had a few one on one interviews and then a group interview. Asked mostly behavioral questions. They wanted me to come back in to meet head of sales and discuss offer details. I declined the offer because the job wasn't a good fit.

Interview Question – Strengths, Weakness, Story about dealign with a difficult client, how do you motivate your staff..   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING Direct in November 2008.

Interview Details – I had a recruiter that got me the interview. I first did a phone interview. Then I went in an interviewed with 3 people 1-1. My soon to be boss, the manager of finance, then the Chief Operations Officer. It wasn't that bad of an interview at all. Just basic stuff.

Interview Question – What was your background   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate (It was pretty much my first job)

Sales Associate-Promoter Interview

Sales Associate-Promoter
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING Direct in December 2009.

Interview Details – After filling out my online application I received a phone call that same day. I was given a short phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in person interview. I had to wait a few weeks until I was finished with school, or the whole process would have been much shorter. For my in person interview I was given a tour of the building by human resources and then was interviewed by two of the coaches for the sales teams. Lastly, I had to do a practice sales call. It took one week for me to hear that I did not get the job due to a lack of sales experience

Interview Questions

Worked for ING Direct? Contribute to the Community!