ING Direct UK

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING Direct UK.

Interview Details – 2 face to face interviews,
very competent managers,
very relevant questions,
effective format

Interview Question – outsourcing management   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING Direct UK in February 2009.

Interview Details – Iy was straight forward being a competency and behavioural questions as well as I have to do a personality questionaaire as well. The whole process it took me 1.5 hours and alot of talking and explaining.

Interview Questions

• How did you encourage your stakeholders for the change?   Answer Question
  • What if your stakeholders are not forthecoming with the change how are you going to change their looks?   View Answer

Customer Service Adviser Interview

Customer Service Adviser
Cardiff, Wales (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING Direct UK in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company via a recruitment agency. I had to pass a timed numeracy and literacy test online, which the company contacted me directly about via email. The test was one of the more difficult online tests I have taken, however they allow you to practice beforehand.

Following this they attempted to contact me several times for a telephone interview before eventually leaving me a message to ask me to call them back to arrange one. This was a fairly standard telephone interview, involving competency-based questions and questions about my work history.

I was invited to a face-to-face interview after this, during which they gave me and the other lad that I was interviewing with a tour of the building, went through my CV, asking me about what was on it, and asked a few example-based questions to ascertain my level of experience. After this was a telephone conversation roleplay (which I messed up (!)).

The company did not contact me afterwards to let me know that I didn't get the job.

It seemed to be a nice place to work; open, spacious and modern. The people I saw appeared to enjoy their jobs.

The interview process is fairly standard as far as I can tell for call centre positions such as these. I would recommend candidates, especially in the roleplay, to demonstrate their personality and also to ask questions such as the candidate's name, what they intend to do with their money, to close the call, etc. etc. (all things I didn't do!!).

The questions do not appear to be trick questions, it is just important to answer them confidently.

Interview Question – Please give us an example of when you have had to be accurate in your work.   Answer Question

Worked for ING Direct UK? Contribute to the Community!