ING Director Interview Questions

2.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ING.

The company uses behavioral interviewing. It takes a while to hear back. Do your research on this type of interviewing and you will do fine. Most questions are requesting that you use examples of current work experiences.

Interview Questions
  • The questions are specific to behavioral interviewing asking about a situation, actions and results.   View Answer
NA

Other Interview Reviews for ING

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at ING.

Contacted by a headhunter, I had several meetings over the space of 6 months, all with different people, all promising me the moon in terms of support, ambition etc. Funnily enough, none of the guys I met turned to be my boss, whom I only met after I joined!
    Very few questions were asked about my background, mostly about where I saw the opportunity for ING in my field of expertise.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was about why I thought there was no business opportunity in a certain field where the interviewer was convinced there was an opportunity... It was difficult because I didn't want to convey to him that he didn't know what he was talking about, but I knew I was right.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate on salary. I should have negotiated on agreed targets and expectations both ways - get it in writing that the bank would support me, make the reporting structure clearer etc.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ING in August 2010.

Long discussion on objectives of organisation. Wanted my ideas on what they should be doing, what kind of approach would work, so was quite two way in nature. Asking about my client contacts as they wanted help to break into London client base. Were quite aware of cultural differences and wanted to assess how I would fit into a dutch organisation. Asked what do Brits think of the Dutch. Then what do you think the Dutch think of Britis!

Interview Questions
    • What do Dutch people think of English?   View Answer
    Quite tough negotiators. Also don't leave anything out from the negotiations as they will always take the most miserly interpretation. I negotiated repatriation expenses, help to find an apartment and language courses. Oh, and tax advice which is an okay deal if you can get 30% tax ruling.

Worked for ING? Contribute to the Community!