ING Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (McLean, VA).

Interview

The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ING

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Unpaid Training, Build your own clients, have to build your client base before license support, rather care-free environment even though they claim to care about your success. All the clients you sell in the beginning your trainer receives most of the commission.

Commission only was not for me

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Career Preview with a medium size group which the VP of Operations will come in and talk about what the job title requires and goes through a broad description. After this meeting you will be able to sign up for a meeting if you want to continue. Then you will have a 1 on 1 with financial advisor. If you get passed along you get a 1 on 1 with VP of Operations

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online through a college job site, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Asked to come in to nearest location for an "interview" -- was a group information session. VP of the office came in to sell the sales positions to us then asked anyone interested to sign up for a real interview after the fact. Signed up for a real interview, and never got called...

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Process took a week. They brought in a group of about 15 recent college grads or people with a year of experience. It was pretty much a presentation about the company and position. I had just finished a year at a pretty reputable firm so this all seem liked a joke. They don't sponsor you for a series 7 (but they reimburse you if you pass), and you don't necessarily receive a salary either, all competitive. After the presentation the guy gave everyone a minute to decide if this was something of interest, about 70% of the people walked out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they did not expect much of the candidates. Just were looking for fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Go in for an informational session with other people. Invite you to come back for a 1v1 interview with a senior level guy which is pretty straight forward. Just express you really want the job. If good, then invited back to meet with branch manager which is basically the same as before. Just show you can speak to people and really want the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

First round will be a career preview with 10 or so other people. Then you'll come in for a one one one interview with a manager and then meet for the final interview with a higher up and be asked to have a marketing plan prepared which is basically who you would want to target

Interview Questions

• Why ING? Why financial advisor? What are the 3 most important qualities in a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had interview through campus recruiting, and acquired final interview for ING financial partners. The process was simple.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, 3 rounds of interviewing just to get a feel to make sure you are cut out for this type of work. The first interview was a group interview which then led to a couple of 1 on 1 interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks itself.