ING

Average Difficulty
43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Question – This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – Unpaid Training, Build your own clients, have to build your client base before license support, rather care-free environment even though they claim to care about your success. All the clients you sell in the beginning your trainer receives most of the commission.

Reason for Declining – Commission only was not for me

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – Career Preview with a medium size group which the VP of Operations will come in and talk about what the job title requires and goes through a broad description. After this meeting you will be able to sign up for a meeting if you want to continue. Then you will have a 1 on 1 with financial advisor. If you get passed along you get a 1 on 1 with VP of Operations

Interview Question – How will I differentiate myself from other candidates   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ING in February 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring interview process consists of 3 separate meetings and 1 phone interview. The first thing to expect is a very general HR phone interview. Afterwards there is an information meeting in office. Then there is an interview with a current financial adviser who then decides whether or not you are what they are looking for. Lastly I met with the Vice President of the Branch in Chicago for the final interview which lasted about 25-30 minutes.

Interview Question – One must be able to differentiate themselves from other applicants in how they will be able to secure clients on their own.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I did not like the idea of working to pass my series 7, series 66, and health/life insurance without any pay. Other financial advising programs compensate you while they train and wait for you to pass your exams.

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – Applied online through a college job site, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Asked to come in to nearest location for an "interview" -- was a group information session. VP of the office came in to sell the sales positions to us then asked anyone interested to sign up for a real interview after the fact. Signed up for a real interview, and never got called...

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly straightforward with mostly behavioral questions being asked. First round was with the district manager who asked me to walk her through the resume and then to give examples of the types of people I would initially contact in my natural market to solicit business from. The second round was more of the same with the VP who also asked me to bring in an actual 20 name list of my natural market and explain how I would be able to convince them to take a meeting with me.

Interview Question – The most difficult question might have been where do you see yourself in 5 years, and that was only difficult to answer because you're not fully aware yet of the career track that you would follow as a financial advisor. However, they do walk you through the different stages of a Financial Advisor's career path during the interview process.   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

Reason for Declining – It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ING in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got 1st interview in campus, asked questions about why you want to work in ING and why do think you fit for this job. Had final interview in Chicago, VP introduced some information of the company and the job description. Then it's the 20 minutes individual interview with VP of the Chicago office. Ask the same question as the 1st interview, required to show the business list of yourself.

Interview Question – no difficult questions at all.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no basic salary.

Interviewed at ING

Interview Details – Go in for an informational session with other people. Invite you to come back for a 1v1 interview with a senior level guy which is pretty straight forward. Just express you really want the job. If good, then invited back to meet with branch manager which is basically the same as before. Just show you can speak to people and really want the job.

Interview Question – Most question are just easy fit questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at ING

Interview Details – First round will be a career preview with 10 or so other people. Then you'll come in for a one one one interview with a manager and then meet for the final interview with a higher up and be asked to have a marketing plan prepared which is basically who you would want to target

Interview Question – Why ING? Why financial advisor? What are the 3 most important qualities in a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Worked for ING? Contribute to the Community!