ING

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – Asked for a list of at least 30 people I knew. Seemed like they were more interested in who I could bring to their company.

Interview Question – (From the list of people I brought in for the interview) Can you show me an example of how you would conduct a phone conversation with someone on your list, trying to sell them our product?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at ING in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went in thinking I had an interview only to walk into a room with about 8 others who all thought the same as me. Made it sound like a total interview on the phone only to discover this disappointment. Seemed like a scan. Total salesman selling a lucrative sounding career. Was offered a chance to sign up after two hours of being sold on the career. Would have had to drive three hours back to the office for an job I would have declined if offered a position anyway.

Interview Question – There were no questions because we were all in the room being sold on the company. Would have had to go back another day to actually be interviewed   Answer Question

West Chester, PA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ING in October 2009.

Interview Details – They asked about my previous experience with leading teams .Also asked was the question" what makes me qualified for the position " and " why ING". They moved on to the Financial topics and there were some questions aboout the current state of the economy and also about the cost of capital for the companies.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified for the position   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Windsor, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ING in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was expecting a much more indepth interview and as I had been laid off some months before was well prepared to present my experience and interest. It was basically a look see, lasting about 20 minutes. I walked away knowing they just wanted to spend time with me to keep up their working relationship with the recruiting firm. I don't think I was in the age range they preferred. Interviewer was really bland and made little eye contact.

Interview Question – Describe experience in developing inter-company chargebacks and cost allocation.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at ING

Worked for ING? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ING Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by ING employees and interview candidates.