ING Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014
Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.7

Actuarial Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ING in October 2014.

The questions are easy. They are all behavior based, and no unexpected question. The only thing to note is that remember to check the company's info first. I had two interviews, both of which asked me why I choose this company. So I guess they really hope applicants are familiar with their company.

Vice President Interview

Met with manager, HR and the business. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Straight forward... discussed past experiences. After interview, was given an offer from a call from management.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to talk technology and explain your design decisions.   Answer Question

Financial Controls Risk Student Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ING.

Was contacted by a recruiter through my school. Interview process was pretty basic. Had to interview with 3 people. They asked me to talk a little bit about myself then they asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected, just review the STAR format.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to take complicated information, simplify it and present it to someone   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Although at times it seemed like a waste of my time. The first interview was just informational, 2nd was with one sales reps, and the last was with the vp of the office. I will say it was annoying that I was not compensated for the amount of money I spent on traveling to their office for interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ING.

The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ING.

Unpaid Training, Build your own clients, have to build your client base before license support, rather care-free environment even though they claim to care about your success. All the clients you sell in the beginning your trainer receives most of the commission.

Commission only was not for me

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ING.

Career Preview with a medium size group which the VP of Operations will come in and talk about what the job title requires and goes through a broad description. After this meeting you will be able to sign up for a meeting if you want to continue. Then you will have a 1 on 1 with financial advisor. If you get passed along you get a 1 on 1 with VP of Operations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ING.

Applied online through a college job site, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Asked to come in to nearest location for an "interview" -- was a group information session. VP of the office came in to sell the sales positions to us then asked anyone interested to sign up for a real interview after the fact. Signed up for a real interview, and never got called...

Vice President Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING in June 2014.

First round intrerview with junior associate final round with regional manager one on one setting in office straight forward just asked to go over my resume and explain my prior experience within the wealth management field. talked about how it is a very client facing industry and that was something i was drawn to

100 percent commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ING in June 2014.

The Process took a week. They brought in a group of about 15 recent college grads or people with a year of experience. It was pretty much a presentation about the company and position. I had just finished a year at a pretty reputable firm so this all seem liked a joke. They don't sponsor you for a series 7 (but they reimburse you if you pass), and you don't necessarily receive a salary either, all competitive.

After the presentation the guy gave everyone a minute to decide if this was something of interest, about 70% of the people walked out.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, they did not expect much of the candidates. Just were looking for fit.   Answer Question