ING Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

I first met with the HR recruiter and since I was attending college in a different state I also met with teh two department managers. They asked basic personality and skills based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to overcome something difficult.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

interview was brief quite easy. One on one with office manager. Asked basic interview questions. Only one interview and got offer on the spot. Smaller office though. Asked about strengths weaknesses, why wanted to work there and such things.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview followed by two face to face interviews at the location in Des Moines. The hiring manager is really nice and professional. The company is experiencing tons of growth and there is plenty of opportunities for people who are hardworking and looking to join and be apart of a team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you can make a difference or be a benefit to helping grow our company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Two round interview. One phone the other on-site. Fairly straightforward, the interviewers were really nice and genuinely wanted to know you. The first round was going over things on resume, leadership,volunteer, research, past jobs. Second round consisted of 7 thirty minute back to back mini interviews. Had varying interviewers, some unconventional most were pretty straightforward

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the customer service position they had posted on their website. A few days later I was sent an email to do an assessment. After I had completed it, I was contacted again via email about a good time to contact me. The recuiter called the next day and went over pay, job description etc. I was told I'd hear back in a few days from the onsite hiring manager. Sure enough she called that following Monday and I had a 10 minute phone interview. Once I successfully completed the phone interview she scheduled me to come in the next day for an on site interview. I came to the interview early and the new hiring manager complimented me on that. The building is quite large but has a quiet small environment. We went into the conference room and from there she asked me the formal questions. After the interview she stated I would hear something back that Friday or the following week. Friday came and the recuiter sent me some paperwork I needed to sign and fax or email in. Monday came and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING in October 2014.

Interview

The questions are easy. They are all behavior based, and no unexpected question. The only thing to note is that remember to check the company's info first. I had two interviews, both of which asked me why I choose this company. So I guess they really hope applicants are familiar with their company.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Met with manager, HR and the business. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Straight forward... discussed past experiences. After interview, was given an offer from a call from management.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk technology and explain your design decisions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through my school. Interview process was pretty basic. Had to interview with 3 people. They asked me to talk a little bit about myself then they asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected, just review the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take complicated information, simplify it and present it to someone   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Although at times it seemed like a waste of my time. The first interview was just informational, 2nd was with one sales reps, and the last was with the vp of the office. I will say it was annoying that I was not compensated for the amount of money I spent on traveling to their office for interviews.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (McLean, VA).

Interview

The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question