ING Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ING.

Interview

Career Preview with a medium size group which the VP of Operations will come in and talk about what the job title requires and goes through a broad description. After this meeting you will be able to sign up for a meeting if you want to continue. Then you will have a 1 on 1 with financial advisor. If you get passed along you get a 1 on 1 with VP of Operations

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ING (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online through a college job site, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Asked to come in to nearest location for an "interview" -- was a group information session. VP of the office came in to sell the sales positions to us then asked anyone interested to sign up for a real interview after the fact. Signed up for a real interview, and never got called...

Vice President Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

First round intrerview with junior associate final round with regional manager one on one setting in office straight forward just asked to go over my resume and explain my prior experience within the wealth management field. talked about how it is a very client facing industry and that was something i was drawn to

100 percent commission

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Process took a week. They brought in a group of about 15 recent college grads or people with a year of experience. It was pretty much a presentation about the company and position. I had just finished a year at a pretty reputable firm so this all seem liked a joke. They don't sponsor you for a series 7 (but they reimburse you if you pass), and you don't necessarily receive a salary either, all competitive.

After the presentation the guy gave everyone a minute to decide if this was something of interest, about 70% of the people walked out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they did not expect much of the candidates. Just were looking for fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The company uses behavioral interviewing. It takes a while to hear back. Do your research on this type of interviewing and you will do fine. Most questions are requesting that you use examples of current work experiences.

Interview Questions

• The questions are specific to behavioral interviewing asking about a situation, actions and results.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Senior Markeiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ING (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3. Managers

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Go in for an informational session with other people. Invite you to come back for a 1v1 interview with a senior level guy which is pretty straight forward. Just express you really want the job. If good, then invited back to meet with branch manager which is basically the same as before. Just show you can speak to people and really want the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

First round will be a career preview with 10 or so other people. Then you'll come in for a one one one interview with a manager and then meet for the final interview with a higher up and be asked to have a marketing plan prepared which is basically who you would want to target

Interview Questions

• Why ING? Why financial advisor? What are the 3 most important qualities in a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through Career Services and was contacted for an interview by HR after the deadline had closed. The interview itself was 4 rounds, each about 15 minutes each with different professionals in the department and eventually the director as the final interviewer. Everyone was very welcoming and polite, and I look forward to applying again next spring.

Interview Questions

• If I asked one of your professors, how they would describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question