ING

Average Difficulty
125 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly straightforward with mostly behavioral questions being asked. First round was with the district manager who asked me to walk her through the resume and then to give examples of the types of people I would initially contact in my natural market to solicit business from. The second round was more of the same with the VP who also asked me to bring in an actual 20 name list of my natural market and explain how I would be able to convince them to take a meeting with me.

Interview Question – The most difficult question might have been where do you see yourself in 5 years, and that was only difficult to answer because you're not fully aware yet of the career track that you would follow as a financial advisor. However, they do walk you through the different stages of a Financial Advisor's career path during the interview process.   Answer Question

New Business Coordinator Interview

New Business Coordinator
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source - interviewed at ING in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Complete an on line application
2. Phone interview with the recruiter was requested to see if salary and job requirements are met.
3. A. One on one interview with the manager took at least 45 minutes. At least 10 questions were asked from the manager.
4. Did not hear back from the employer and did not receive a phone call or letter from hiring manager whether the job was offered to another candidate

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?
Explain the role of a Business Analyst
What are the problems that the agent is facing when running an illustration
Can you work with difficult people
  Answer Question

Procurement Intern Interview

Procurement Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at ING in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on school's job website and got the onsite interview. Everyone in the procurement department interviewed me. They were super nice people and did not ask any tricky questions. All questions are behavioral.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to be the leader   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

Reason for Declining – It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Director Interview

Director
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – The company uses behavioral interviewing. It takes a while to hear back. Do your research on this type of interviewing and you will do fine. Most questions are requesting that you use examples of current work experiences.

Interview Question – The questions are specific to behavioral interviewing asking about a situation, actions and results.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Minot, ND

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ING in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very thorough, asking numerous questions ranging from background experience, to 'what would you do in this case' scenarios, to questions unrelated to the job description. The hiring individual ended up being my boss, which I didn't discover until later. He was very friendly and easy going and made the interview environment comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me an experience where you were working and even though you were upset, you still managed to pull through. What happened and what did you learn from that experience? (Not verbatim, but it's pretty much the gist of it)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiations; they were pretty firm with what they wanted to offer despite any previous experience.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ING in March 2014.

Interview Details – Got 1st interview in campus, asked questions about why you want to work in ING and why do think you fit for this job. Had final interview in Chicago, VP introduced some information of the company and the job description. Then it's the 20 minutes individual interview with VP of the Chicago office. Ask the same question as the 1st interview, required to show the business list of yourself.

Interview Question – no difficult questions at all.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no basic salary.

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ING in September 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process takes too long approx 2-3 month. Interview was intimidating took 2 hours and was with 6 people individually.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Smooth

Senior Markeiting Interview

Senior Markeiting
West Chester, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3. Managers

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult   Answer Question

Interviewed at ING

Interview Details – Go in for an informational session with other people. Invite you to come back for a 1v1 interview with a senior level guy which is pretty straight forward. Just express you really want the job. If good, then invited back to meet with branch manager which is basically the same as before. Just show you can speak to people and really want the job.

Interview Question – Most question are just easy fit questions   Answer Question