ING Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had interview through campus recruiting, and acquired final interview for ING financial partners. The process was simple.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Process is fairly quick. The interviewers are not very skilled in asking questions or with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college job site, received a call about a week later from HR inviting me into their office to hear the VP of Sales speak. Afterwords there was a phone interview, an interview with the office sales manager, and the final interview was with the VP of sales. HR/Interviewers were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• During the final interview with the VP of sales I was asked to do a presentation of why I would be a good fit at ING.   Answer Question

Employers did not give me any reason to believe they were going to invest in me. Financial advisors have to bring their own laptops into work, and the pay is 100% commission based, despite what they initially tell you.

Procurement Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume on school's job website and got the onsite interview. Everyone in the procurement department interviewed me. They were super nice people and did not ask any tricky questions. All questions are behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ING (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, 3 rounds of interviewing just to get a feel to make sure you are cut out for this type of work. The first interview was a group interview which then led to a couple of 1 on 1 interviews. The whole process took about 3 weeks itself.

Intern Interview

Interview

Four 30 min interviews

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself someone who catches in quickly   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiations

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ING.

Interview

The Interview process was relatively easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met a representative from ING at a university career fair, and signed up for a group info session. I then signed up for an interview with a sales manager who was really great and helpful answering my questions about the position. Was asked back for another interview with the VP of the area. Both interviews weren't bad, the first one was 45 min, and the second was shorter.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process started off with a phone interview in which you talk to a senior advisor. This lasted about 30 minutes and was very simple. The advisor talks you through a powerpoint which describes the job, pay, etc. They will ask you some simple questions such as why you are interested in the position and why you think you would be good at it. After this, they will invite you to come to their office for a final interview. This starts off with the VP giving a talk to a room full of candidates. When he is finished you will have your personal interview.

Interview Questions

• There are no questions that I found surprising. The most important thing is to be able to articulate yourself. He really wanted to see that I was self motivated and could handle a job that is strictly commission.   Answer Question

The position was entirely comission based and I didn't want to start with that out of college in a new city.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

They called me to make appointment. When I went to the interview, the front desk put me and other interviewees in to a conference room. The VP came in and talked about the job description and compensation. After 1hr of introduction, they asked us to make appointment to meet their HR manager.