ING

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

Interviewed at ING

Interview Details – Process is fairly quick. The interviewers are not very skilled in asking questions or with the hiring process.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No there was no negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interview Details – Four 30 min interviews

Interview Question – Do you consider yourself someone who catches in quickly   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No real negotiations

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met a representative from ING at a university career fair, and signed up for a group info session. I then signed up for an interview with a sales manager who was really great and helpful answering my questions about the position. Was asked back for another interview with the VP of the area. Both interviews weren't bad, the first one was 45 min, and the second was shorter.

Interview Question – Write a marketing plan for your natural client base.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met at career fair went in for information session and signed up for interview after. First interview with a manager normal questions, "Why ING?, Why did you pick your school?, What do you have to offer?" Got called back for a second interview with VP, manager and someone sitting in and got offered the job about a week later with a week to accept or decline.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, the offer is commission -- went in to date papers but not sign until after graduation.

Financial Advisor Interview Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ING in March 2014.

Interview Details – The first part of the process is a phone interview, but it is very casual and relaxed. I honestly thought she was just asking about my day, and I didn't even realize i was being interviewed. They asked me if I wanted to follow up to the group interview process. After reading all the other comments about the job on Glassdoor, I decided to decline the invitation since I am not interested in sales.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would make a success financial advisor   Answer Question

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – The Interview process was relatively easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – What are some of your weakness?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – Asked for a list of at least 30 people I knew. Seemed like they were more interested in who I could bring to their company.

Interview Question – (From the list of people I brought in for the interview) Can you show me an example of how you would conduct a phone conversation with someone on your list, trying to sell them our product?   Answer Question

ING Financial Advisor Interview

ING Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ING.

Interview Details – The whole process took 4 weeks. First, I applied through my college and was contacted within a week. They first asked me to attend an information session and following that signed me up for my first interview. After that, I got a call and was asked to meet with a VP. I got an offer over the phone a week later.

Interview Question – (In preparation for the VP interview): Are there at least 40 high net worth individuals in your network and how closely you are connected with them?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I understood that it was a largely commission based sales position. I was taking a great risk but what worried me was the deception and lack of information. They would not give me specific commission rates unless I accepted the offer, they would not answer specifically if there were any benefits. I did not even receive a traditional job offer document providing specific job details in writing. I made multiple attempts to get more information from them, they kept giving me a sales presentation without actually disclosing details. I would not accept an offer where I don't know all the details.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ING in December 2012.

Interview Details – Have a meeting that tells you about the job expectations and what they are looking for. This is with 10 other people that you are competing with to get hired. Then after the meeting you schedule your interview for the next day. You meet with a lower level employee and the interview last about ten minutes. All the questions are around work ethic and who you know.

Interview Question – How many people that make over 100,000 dollars do you know?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

Interviewed at ING

Interview Details – Very easy. I went to a recruiting event. One of the HR liked me and gave me his card. I emailed him and got called for an interview. Interview was 4 people asking behavioral questions. Very nice people and easy going. That was the first interview of my life and I still got hired!

Interview Question – Give me a time when you went out of your way to solve a problem. How?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a