ING Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Got 1st interview in campus, asked questions about why you want to work in ING and why do think you fit for this job. Had final interview in Chicago, VP introduced some information of the company and the job description. Then it's the 20 minutes individual interview with VP of the Chicago office. Ask the same question as the 1st interview, required to show the business list of yourself.

no basic salary.

Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, had onsite interview within a month of the initial online application which took place in Atlanta Georgia, with two hiring managers. The interviews were very short and to the point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ING (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Asked for a list of at least 30 people I knew. Seemed like they were more interested in who I could bring to their company.

Interview Questions

• (From the list of people I brought in for the interview) Can you show me an example of how you would conduct a phone conversation with someone on your list, trying to sell them our product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring interview process consists of 3 separate meetings and 1 phone interview. The first thing to expect is a very general HR phone interview. Afterwards there is an information meeting in office. Then there is an interview with a current financial adviser who then decides whether or not you are what they are looking for. Lastly I met with the Vice President of the Branch in Chicago for the final interview which lasted about 25-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• One must be able to differentiate themselves from other applicants in how they will be able to secure clients on their own.   Answer Question

I declined because I did not like the idea of working to pass my series 7, series 66, and health/life insurance without any pay. Other financial advising programs compensate you while they train and wait for you to pass your exams.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ING.

Interview

The whole process took 4 weeks. First, I applied through my college and was contacted within a week. They first asked me to attend an information session and following that signed me up for my first interview. After that, I got a call and was asked to meet with a VP. I got an offer over the phone a week later.

Interview Questions

• (In preparation for the VP interview): Are there at least 40 high net worth individuals in your network and how closely you are connected with them?   Answer Question

I understood that it was a largely commission based sales position. I was taking a great risk but what worried me was the deception and lack of information. They would not give me specific commission rates unless I accepted the offer, they would not answer specifically if there were any benefits. I did not even receive a traditional job offer document providing specific job details in writing. I made multiple attempts to get more information from them, they kept giving me a sales presentation without actually disclosing details. I would not accept an offer where I don't know all the details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ING (Tysons Corner, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward with mostly behavioral questions being asked. First round was with the district manager who asked me to walk her through the resume and then to give examples of the types of people I would initially contact in my natural market to solicit business from. The second round was more of the same with the VP who also asked me to bring in an actual 20 name list of my natural market and explain how I would be able to convince them to take a meeting with me.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question might have been where do you see yourself in 5 years, and that was only difficult to answer because you're not fully aware yet of the career track that you would follow as a financial advisor. However, they do walk you through the different stages of a Financial Advisor's career path during the interview process.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Very easy. I went to a recruiting event. One of the HR liked me and gave me his card. I emailed him and got called for an interview. Interview was 4 people asking behavioral questions. Very nice people and easy going. That was the first interview of my life and I still got hired!

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you went out of your way to solve a problem. How?   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ING (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I found out about ING through a school career fair and went to an information session a week later. After the information session I signed up for an interview. During the first interview they just want to know why ING, what you can offer the company etc. I was invited back for a second interview a few weeks later and was asked similar types of questions, though I found my second interviewer to be a bit more tough. Both interviews lasted about 45min, I was offered a job the day after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing extremely difficult, but I lacked a financial background so they were very interested in my justification for switching career paths. All the people I met in the office were extremely friendly and outgoing so I think that helps put candidates at ease. They seemed to care most about your communication skills and abilities to argue/ justify your answers rather than necessarily finding a "correct" answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Met at career fair went in for information session and signed up for interview after. First interview with a manager normal questions, "Why ING?, Why did you pick your school?, What do you have to offer?" Got called back for a second interview with VP, manager and someone sitting in and got offered the job about a week later with a week to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, the offer is commission -- went in to date papers but not sign until after graduation.

Summer Actuary Intern Interview

Interview

one phone interview and onsite interview of 4 people with 30 min each.