ING Investment Management Americas

Updated Jun 20, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in February 2013.

The interview process was conducted over several weeks. I first went to an informational meeting (they made it sound like it would be an interview) to give us an idea of the interview process, who they were looking for, and what the expectations would be. We scheduled interviews for a future date. I got the offer after the next interview, which was fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

I wanted something less commissioned based.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tamarac, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in August 2009.

Applied online, got a phone interview and was then called in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, Was hired at 9 dollars an hour and after training it raised to 10 per hour

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in November 2009.

I was interviewed by 3 people- 2 team members and the head of the team. The interview was challenging, but more about my background than how much I knew, since I was interviewing for an internship in my sophomore year of college.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in this company/in this field?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in March 2012.

Very basic. Ask about items on my resume resume to explain in detail. Looks for work ethic as top priority.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in October 2011.

At first you are called in for a group interview (more like a presentation) and some head guy tells you how good the job is and then if you like you can opt to move forward and have a one on one interview at a later date if you like what you hear. Then if you do well in that interview you are asked to come back for another interview. You then receive a call about a week later with the details of the interview.

Interview Questions

I declined the offer because it was mostly commission based and was a very individualized type of work environment (you have to find your own clients).

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in September 2011.

Responded to an online job board posting and received a call about 3 weeks later from the HR dept. Did a 20 minute phone interview with VP of HR, which consisted of basic job interview questions such as, strengths, weakness, what would your former employer say about you, why do you want to work here, etc.

Received a callback interview the next week and interviewed with two attorneys in their legal department. both were extremely nice ladies. They basically just asked questions based on my resume and I think were trying to get a feel for my personality. Surprised I didn't hear back from them because I thought the interview went well.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you excelled at work with little or no instructions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in February 2010.

Was contacted through a recruiter. Very intensive phone interview with 3 ppl over an hour and a half. In-person w/ team next week. Kept mr waiting for 2 weeks with neither yes or no. Had to force an answer per another offer. Was rejected. Refused to give feedback or explanation. One hiring manager refused to make eye contact with me during half of the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in January 2007.

The interview consisted of two recruiter interviews (one phone, one in-person), a group phone interview (hiring mgr and team lead), one hiring-manager interview, and finally one HR interview (in person). According to the recruiter, I beat out 20 other prospects and it was down to me and one other candidate. The interviews went very well and it appeared I would be hired because I was told the hiring manager liked me a lot, however trouble came with HR. As I was sitting with the HR manager, she picked up a phone call and in that time I took the opportunity to look at my cell phone to check the time (as the interviews took much longer than anticipated and I needed to catch a train). It seems that glance sealed my fate and I didnt get the offer. The HR manager told the recruiter that I "answered my phone" during the interview (completely false, on the contrary, she answered her phone) and said the other interviewee was more "polished" than I was. Indeed this interview process was a huge waste of time over the span of one work week.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve a problem that you didnt have the solution to without going to your manager?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in October 2009.

1 - Need to go in for an information session. Ask questions if possible
    2 - General Interview, behavorial questions, will explain more about the positions. Know who you would contact first to be your first client = who is your network of people - ex. family? past employers? Anyone you know who could be potential clients and have a network of more people.
    3 - Need to created a business plan - know specifically 5 people you would sit down and pitch the products to. Also make a guess of how long it would take you to do this (how long it would take you to "set up appointments"). Know why you want the job and general info.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you think it will take you to get 5 clients to sit down with you?   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at ING Investment Management Americas in March 2008.

I really like the first person who interviewed me. I thought he was great, he was easy to talk to and we had a great conversation. But when I met with the CEO I don't think it went very well. Initially he was pretty nice, but I was confused about his follow up. He said he was going to hire me, I sent him an email. A week later, he said he wasn't going to hire me. He never explained to me what happened.

Interview Questions

Worked for ING Investment Management Americas? Contribute to the Community!