INL

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at INL.

Interview Details – Talked to manager responsible for Virtual reality programming. He only asked if I knew c++ and opengl.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at INL in December 2010.

Interview Details – Unless you are at a school that is close to Idaho Falls (Idaho State, Boise State, U of Idaho, or Utah State) they recruiters will not visit your school. You have to visit their website. There was only a phone interview and then I was interviewed by a panel of three employees.

Interview Question – Why would you like to work at Idaho National Laboratory?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Instructor Interview

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at INL in March 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online about 3 weeks before the phone interview.

The manage in charge of the position basically just described the position to me and asked if I could handle it and if I was interested. Then he said HR would contact me within the week to schedule a face-to-face interview.

About a week later, he called to inform me that they changed the requirements of the position, and I was no longer qualified. He did refer me to some other positions he wanted me to apply to.

Interview Question – Is this a position you're still interested in?   View Answer

Classified Systems Administrator Interview

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at INL in January 2010.

Interview Details – It was about 20 days after I applied for the job that I was contacted about a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. They contacted me the next day wanting me to fly out there for a face-to-face interview. I was sent an agenda of things that I would be doing while interviewing there. This part of the interview process was very organized and detailed. The interview consisted of two 1:1 interviews and a group interview. They were very courteous and easy to talk to. After the interview, I heard nothing for a couple of weeks, so I called and they just told me that they were doing this or that. I continued to do this about 2 1/2 months, and I just kept being put off saying that they were waiting on one thing or another. I finally emailed someone else there, and they told me that I was not selected for the job. Overall I had a pleasant experience with INL, but they need to work on their communication.

Interview Question – What is security in depth?   View Answer

Idaho Falls, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at INL in November 2009.

Interview Details – They sit you at a table with a 3 person panel and alternate questions towards you. It is fairly informal. They like to make sure you know your stuff by asking specific questions regarding the industry you work in. the individuals that conduct the interviews are very relaxed and friendly. My advice would be to come prepared knowing the specifics of the industry and it helps to know someone in the company that you can talk about.

Interview Question – What is the sarbanes Oxley act?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for INL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at INL interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by INL employees and interview candidates.