INRIX Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.6

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two days of face to face inerviews. First one was for an hour, followed by another which lasted for full four hours. Interview were taken by Test leads, devs, Dev Manager and PM. Coding white boarding questions were asked, along with some behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

• A traffic service was described and was asked to test it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at INRIX in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a 1 hour phone screen interview. Then, had a full loop interview which consisted of meeting with 4 people (1 hour with each person). Everyone was really nice and could tell that they were all really excited about the work they do. All the questions related to the field and job objectives.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA prior to in person interview so cannot state exactly what was asked. Questions were directly related to the job description and responsibilities. No questions were off-the-wall. Conceptual problem solving and write code   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed, the offer was fair and market rate

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INRIX.

Interview

Tons of programming questions, including OOP, geodatabase, ArcSDE, etc. Questions can be very specific to make sure you know every single details which might be involved in the workflow. I didn't pass the first round since I don't have 7 years of programming experience plus GIS experience. My friend also got interviewed half a year ago for the same position, didn't pass the first round either. I think they are literally looking for an unicorn.

Interview Questions

• What data types do ArcServer support in the geodatabase?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at INRIX in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

I went for a one hour technical screen. The person I was supposed to interview with was not available, so another dev manager did the interview. He did not have my resume or know anything about me. It became very clear, very quickly that I was not what they are looking for (new grad - hacker types), I believe he called them "code machines". Never heard from them at all one way or the other after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I even want to work in a company. (I have been working independently). I was also asked when was the last time I worked for a company.   Answer Question

TOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

This was an entry-level position, which required most work during weekends. I was still a graduate student, and a total of four people interviewed me for about 3 hours. The manager asked about sponsorship directly and I told her I would need the work visa sponsorship. They finally didn't offer me the position, partially due to my need for sponsorship, I guess.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INRIX (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Had an HR round which lasted one hour, talked over my Resume, and then was scheduled for a SKYPE technical round, where was asked to write a code to see if a sentence is present in a another sentence(huge) like a magazine.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult per say, everything was straightforward about resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INRIX (Kirkland, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

INRIX generally follows the Microsoft model for hiring in technical roles. A phone or on site screening is followed by four to six one-on-one interviews with various members of the technical staff. Each interviewer will dig into background and contributions at current and former employers, then ask technical questions. Developers are typically expected to solve programming problems on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a security model for web service APIs?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at INRIX in March 2011.

Interview

3 screening calls and then an on-site interview round with ~ 10 people. Work culture is fairly laid back - Inrix has NO vacation policy, meaning that you just take time off when you want, as long as your work gets done and your manager agrees. I was offered a generous stock-option plan and up to 20% year performance bonus. Base salary was $115k, located in NYC metro area.

Discussions broke down around location