INRIX Interview Questions

3.7

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INRIX.

Tons of programming questions, including OOP, geodatabase, ArcSDE, etc. Questions can be very specific to make sure you know every single details which might be involved in the workflow. I didn't pass the first round since I don't have 7 years of programming experience plus GIS experience. My friend also got interviewed half a year ago for the same position, didn't pass the first round either. I think they are literally looking for an unicorn.

Interview Questions
    • What data types do ArcServer support in the geodatabase?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at INRIX in February 2014.

Phone interview

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at INRIX in December 2013.

I went for a one hour technical screen. The person I was supposed to interview with was not available, so another dev manager did the interview. He did not have my resume or know anything about me. It became very clear, very quickly that I was not what they are looking for (new grad - hacker types), I believe he called them "code machines". Never heard from them at all one way or the other after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I even want to work in a company. (I have been working independently). I was also asked when was the last time I worked for a company.   Answer Question

TOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at INRIX in June 2013.

This was an entry-level position, which required most work during weekends. I was still a graduate student, and a total of four people interviewed me for about 3 hours. The manager asked about sponsorship directly and I told her I would need the work visa sponsorship. They finally didn't offer me the position, partially due to my need for sponsorship, I guess.

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INRIX in June 2013.

Had an HR round which lasted one hour, talked over my Resume, and then was scheduled for a SKYPE technical round, where was asked to write a code to see if a sentence is present in a another sentence(huge) like a magazine.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult per say, everything was straightforward about resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INRIX in February 2009.

INRIX generally follows the Microsoft model for hiring in technical roles. A phone or on site screening is followed by four to six one-on-one interviews with various members of the technical staff. Each interviewer will dig into background and contributions at current and former employers, then ask technical questions. Developers are typically expected to solve programming problems on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a security model for web service APIs?   View Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at INRIX in March 2011.

3 screening calls and then an on-site interview round with ~ 10 people.

Work culture is fairly laid back - Inrix has NO vacation policy, meaning that you just take time off when you want, as long as your work gets done and your manager agrees. I was offered a generous stock-option plan and up to 20% year performance bonus. Base salary was $115k, located in NYC metro area.

Discussions broke down around location