INVISTA

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – Their interview process is great! It is very thorough and makes you feel good knowing they take so much time to vet a person before offering them a position. There were 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The phone interviews are about an hour long and the onsite interview was a little more than half a day. The "official" interview questions are the standard situational questions. Other than that, very conversational interviews of just trying to get to know you more.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time. (Difficult because that is the nature of my job, so it was hard to give an example)   Answer Question

Interviewed at INVISTA

Interview Details – Don't worry about being able to do the actual job or going over your qualifications in the interviews. They didn't ask a single question about my resume throughout the interview process. Be able to recount some tales of friendship and teamwork, and you'll be fine! Process took a few weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a bad day, made friends, worked as a team, etc. Typical behavioral interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay low.

Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – Went to one interview and was hired a couple of days later by hiring manager.

Negotiation Details – There was some negotiation, I was pleased with the finial offer.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in May 2012.

Interview Details – Got on-site interview approximately a month after two phone interviews with a HR person and the hiring manager. The on-site interview consisted of four 1-1 interviews and a plant tour which took half a day, starting from noon and ending around 4-4:30. That site in Texas does not have a good office area, more like a plant area.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions?
    Tell me about a time when you chose an easy way of doing something instead of going through a hard one.
      Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you work beyond your responsibilities.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were not credited for something that you have done. What was your response?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Kingston, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in April 2009.

Interview Details – The application was done online through Invista careers. I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well and 3 weeks later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at INVISTA

Worked for INVISTA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at INVISTA Engineering interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by INVISTA employees and interview candidates.