INVISTA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Reliability Shift Leader Interview

Reliability Shift Leader
Victoria, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in June 2014.

Interview Details – They bring you in and you go through a series of interviews with several people in the business. After the interviews are completed, they get lunch, and you talk with the interview team. Once completed they give you benefits info, which makes you think you have the job.

Interview Question – No question was difficult, all behavior based. They are very slow in reimbursing any money for travel. You feel as though you get the job, and then you really don't get any feedback. Very vague.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
Victoria, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first step was a phone interview. They asked the common questions asked in a phone interview, no suprises there. Once they were ready to interview me face to face things got interesting. They flew me to Houston, booked me a rental car and a hotel room. The following morning I was interviewed by four different managers and supervisors at the plant. Everyone was professional and courteous.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you failed at something.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Victoria, TX

I applied online - interviewed at INVISTA in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had interviewed previously on the phone with Koch Industries back in October for one of their other companies and they did not continue the interview process. In January, I received a call from INVISTA asking if I was still job searching and asked if I could do an in person interview the following week. The interview was pretty basic, everyone who interviewed me just asked me personality/behavioral based questions relating to their corporate values and structs and the MBM program. Nothing too bad.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had an offer from another company that I liked more

R&D Intern Interview

R&D Intern

Interviewed at INVISTA

Interview Details – One step phone interview with the hiring group. The interview process is straightforward with all standard behavior questions. About one week to know the decision from HR. Then background check and drug test. Very efficient.

Interview Question – Standard behavior questions   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Territory Manager
Kennesaw, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – 5 interviews including in-person and phone interviews. The interview included showing your presentation skills. The occured on 2 separate occasions. The process was understood and was logical given the position applied for.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral interview questions. Very fare interview. Not as intimidating as some may expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Much quicker than the interview phase.

R&D Intern Interview

R&D Intern
Waynesboro, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at INVISTA in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview+HR phone call+offer letter

Interview Question – Team play,interpersonal conflicts, safety   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, negotiation

Research Chemist Interview

Research Chemist
Orange, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a telephone interview invitation three months later. The interview was with an HR representative, so it was pretty much entirely limited to HR-type questions such as describe yourself, what are your strong/weak points, an example of when you succeeded, etc. The representative was very cordial but could not answer many of my department-related questions. About a week later I received an email stating that my application would not be pursued further. Curiously, a few months later I received an invitation to apply for a similar vacancy but was promptly rejected upon doing so.

Interview Question – I'd studied the top 50 HR interview questions and didn't come across any surprises. However, from some questions it was obvious that they had a very specific job role in mind, so be prepared to defend your experience in specific analytical skills read from a list, etc.   Answer Question

Intercompany Accountant Asia/US Interview

Intercompany Accountant Asia/US

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – Submit resume in on campus career fair, and received first interview then. It is a behavioral based interview. It lasted for 50 minutes. Over 10 questions were asked, they are detailed and comprehensive.

Interview Question – Provide an example that you regret in the work   Answer Question

Regional Supply Planning Manager Interview

Regional Supply Planning Manager
Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in March 2014.

Interview Details – Detailed process. You are told of their detailed process from the start so you know what to expect. This is good. I received two phone screens then on-site company interviews. Two people in the room for each on-site interview but this was not a problem as they did not attempt to gang up on me. However in one session one individual did a lot of intensive staring at me coupled with looks on her face as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Not sure if this was intentional or not but I thought it silly (or reflective of their culture) to attempt to intimidate an applicant. What value do you get from that? Behavior based interview questions all the way through. But general behavior based questions. They left time for questions and this was good. Hiring manager took copious notes on every answer I supplied. Overall the interview process and questions were not hard or difficult, but in my view just too specific to their process and issues.

Interview Question – No one particular question was difficult or unexpected, but the behavioral based questions in general seemed to center around the type...' here is our current process, how things run here, issues we have in our process, can you tell me about a time when you ran into this same issue and how did you handle it?'. The challenge here is if you have not in your career experience encountered the same problem you do not have an answer for the question. Also in my view the very specific and detailed process questions did little to uncover other managerial, leadership, or general business skill sets that I had that could help me tackle or improve the process issues they are currently experiencing. It's as if they are looking for a painter to come in and paint a wall a specific shade of blue. So they ask questions to determine if you have ever painted a wall that shade of blue! But few if any questions to determine what others shades you have painted over your career and how, why are you a painter, what passions about painting drives you, given this shade of blue we seek how might you paint this wall blue (I did get one question like this), or given your painting experience and background how might you contribute to our painting team to uncover different shades for this wall and help expand our overall organizational competency or effectiveness in painting. Nope. Just pretty much questions to help them determine if you can paint the wall this specific shade of blue.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Victoria, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at INVISTA in June 2011.

Interview Details – Have a very detailed process, but HR and Upper management do not follow it, so they hire and promote who they want to.

Interview Question – What were the negatives presented to you on your last review?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered 20k more than I asked for, so I did not do my research.....

Interviews for Top Jobs at INVISTA

Worked for INVISTA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at INVISTA interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by INVISTA employees and interview candidates.