INVISTA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

Mechanical Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotteville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotteville, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in March 2014.

1st phone interview; then on-site interview with more than 6 staff at different time. The company paid all the flight, car renting, oil, and meal.
    Before the on-site interview, HR would give a list of interviewers

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example that you did something creative and challenging?   Answer Question

Mechanical Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at INVISTA in May 2011.

Behavior Based - required to respond with the problem, how one handled the problem, and the outcome. The interviews were friendly and made the process comfortable. After the several 1 on 1 interviews, a lunch was ordered and everyone ate at a large conference table to discuss life topics as well as any further questions a candidate may have.

Interview Questions
    • pretty standard, just needed to think about my different experiences   Answer Question
    i had two offers prior and i created a word document comparing all the offers. Invista was willing to compete

Reliability Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in June 2014.

They bring you in and you go through a series of interviews with several people in the business. After the interviews are completed, they get lunch, and you talk with the interview team. Once completed they give you benefits info, which makes you think you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult, all behavior based. They are very slow in reimbursing any money for travel. You feel as though you get the job, and then you really don't get any feedback. Very vague.   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in June 2014.

The first step was a phone interview. They asked the common questions asked in a phone interview, no suprises there. Once they were ready to interview me face to face things got interesting. They flew me to Houston, booked me a rental car and a hotel room. The following morning I was interviewed by four different managers and supervisors at the plant. Everyone was professional and courteous.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied online - interviewed at INVISTA in January 2014.

I had interviewed previously on the phone with Koch Industries back in October for one of their other companies and they did not continue the interview process. In January, I received a call from INVISTA asking if I was still job searching and asked if I could do an in person interview the following week. The interview was pretty basic, everyone who interviewed me just asked me personality/behavioral based questions relating to their corporate values and structs and the MBM program. Nothing too bad.

Interview Questions

I had an offer from another company that I liked more

R&D Intern Interview

One step phone interview with the hiring group. The interview process is straightforward with all standard behavior questions. About one week to know the decision from HR. Then background check and drug test. Very efficient.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at INVISTA.

5 interviews including in-person and phone interviews. The interview included showing your presentation skills. The occured on 2 separate occasions. The process was understood and was logical given the position applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions. Very fare interview. Not as intimidating as some may expect.   Answer Question
    Much quicker than the interview phase.

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waynesboro, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesboro, VA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at INVISTA in April 2013.

Phone interview+HR phone call+offer letter

No, negotiation

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at INVISTA.

I applied online and got a telephone interview invitation three months later. The interview was with an HR representative, so it was pretty much entirely limited to HR-type questions such as describe yourself, what are your strong/weak points, an example of when you succeeded, etc. The representative was very cordial but could not answer many of my department-related questions. About a week later I received an email stating that my application would not be pursued further. Curiously, a few months later I received an invitation to apply for a similar vacancy but was promptly rejected upon doing so.

Interview Questions
    • I'd studied the top 50 HR interview questions and didn't come across any surprises. However, from some questions it was obvious that they had a very specific job role in mind, so be prepared to defend your experience in specific analytical skills read from a list, etc.   Answer Question

Intercompany Accountant Asia/US Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at INVISTA.

Submit resume in on campus career fair, and received first interview then. It is a behavioral based interview. It lasted for 50 minutes. Over 10 questions were asked, they are detailed and comprehensive.

Interview Questions

Worked for INVISTA? Contribute to the Community!