INVISTA

INVISTA Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

Regulatory Product Specialist Interview

Initially, I had a positive experience. I was contacted by phone by a human resources representative for an interview. I then had an interview with a manager, again over the phone. Finally, I was flown into wichita for a series of in-person interviews, a phone interview with a Vice President, and an exit interview via telephone with my initial human resources contact. I was contacted later in the week to be told that I was not offered the position. When I attempted to contact human resources about interview comments or remarks (as I am new to the job world and need the insight to further my professional development) I was blatantly ignored. The way I was ignored left me with a sour taste after a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you worked in a group with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • How do you use technology in your current position?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Grove, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Grove, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at INVISTA.

I applied online and received an email a 4 weeks later saying the job requirments had changed and that I would need to reapply. After I did the process again I was called and a phone interview was set up with an HR generalist. It seemed like she was unsure of what to ask and questions were all over the place. I was told I would be contacted in a few days for another phone interview or feedback. Its been almost 2 weeks and I have heard absolutely nothing, and no response to my emails.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INVISTA in September 2014.

Some behavioral interview questions. Most of them can be found online. Quiet relaxing. The HR said the second round should be technical interview.

R&D Intern Interview

One step phone interview with the hiring group. The interview process is straightforward with all standard behavior questions. About one week to know the decision from HR. Then background check and drug test. Very efficient.

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at INVISTA in June 2014.

The first step was a phone interview. They asked the common questions asked in a phone interview, no suprises there. Once they were ready to interview me face to face things got interesting. They flew me to Houston, booked me a rental car and a hotel room. The following morning I was interviewed by four different managers and supervisors at the plant. Everyone was professional and courteous.

Reliability Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at INVISTA in June 2014.

They bring you in and you go through a series of interviews with several people in the business. After the interviews are completed, they get lunch, and you talk with the interview team. Once completed they give you benefits info, which makes you think you have the job.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult, all behavior based. They are very slow in reimbursing any money for travel. You feel as though you get the job, and then you really don't get any feedback. Very vague.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at INVISTA.

5 interviews including in-person and phone interviews. The interview included showing your presentation skills. The occured on 2 separate occasions. The process was understood and was logical given the position applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral interview questions. Very fare interview. Not as intimidating as some may expect.   Answer Question
    Much quicker than the interview phase.

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at INVISTA.

I applied online and got a telephone interview invitation three months later. The interview was with an HR representative, so it was pretty much entirely limited to HR-type questions such as describe yourself, what are your strong/weak points, an example of when you succeeded, etc. The representative was very cordial but could not answer many of my department-related questions. About a week later I received an email stating that my application would not be pursued further. Curiously, a few months later I received an invitation to apply for a similar vacancy but was promptly rejected upon doing so.

Interview Questions
    • I'd studied the top 50 HR interview questions and didn't come across any surprises. However, from some questions it was obvious that they had a very specific job role in mind, so be prepared to defend your experience in specific analytical skills read from a list, etc.   Answer Question

Intercompany Accountant Asia/US Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at INVISTA.

Submit resume in on campus career fair, and received first interview then. It is a behavioral based interview. It lasted for 50 minutes. Over 10 questions were asked, they are detailed and comprehensive.

Regional Supply Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at INVISTA in March 2014.

Detailed process. You are told of their detailed process from the start so you know what to expect. This is good. I received two phone screens then on-site company interviews. Two people in the room for each on-site interview but this was not a problem as they did not attempt to gang up on me. However in one session one individual did a lot of intensive staring at me coupled with looks on her face as if I didn't know what I was talking about. Not sure if this was intentional or not but I thought it silly (or reflective of their culture) to attempt to intimidate an applicant. What value do you get from that? Behavior based interview questions all the way through. But general behavior based questions. They left time for questions and this was good. Hiring manager took copious notes on every answer I supplied. Overall the interview process and questions were not hard or difficult, but in my view just too specific to their process and issues.

Interview Questions
    • No one particular question was difficult or unexpected, but the behavioral based questions in general seemed to center around the type...' here is our current process, how things run here, issues we have in our process, can you tell me about a time when you ran into this same issue and how did you handle it?'. The challenge here is if you have not in your career experience encountered the same problem you do not have an answer for the question. Also in my view the very specific and detailed process questions did little to uncover other managerial, leadership, or general business skill sets that I had that could help me tackle or improve the process issues they are currently experiencing. It's as if they are looking for a painter to come in and paint a wall a specific shade of blue. So they ask questions to determine if you have ever painted a wall that shade of blue! But few if any questions to determine what others shades you have painted over your career and how, why are you a painter, what passions about painting drives you, given this shade of blue we seek how might you paint this wall blue (I did get one question like this), or given your painting experience and background how might you contribute to our painting team to uncover different shades for this wall and help expand our overall organizational competency or effectiveness in painting. Nope. Just pretty much questions to help them determine if you can paint the wall this specific shade of blue.   Answer Question