INVISTA

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orange, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a telephone interview invitation three months later. The interview was with an HR representative, so it was pretty much entirely limited to HR-type questions such as describe yourself, what are your strong/weak points, an example of when you succeeded, etc. The representative was very cordial but could not answer many of my department-related questions. About a week later I received an email stating that my application would not be pursued further. Curiously, a few months later I received an invitation to apply for a similar vacancy but was promptly rejected upon doing so.

Interview Question – I'd studied the top 50 HR interview questions and didn't come across any surprises. However, from some questions it was obvious that they had a very specific job role in mind, so be prepared to defend your experience in specific analytical skills read from a list, etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at INVISTA

Interview Details – It is definitely the worst company I've interviewed with. Went to their on-site interview. The office was filled by a bunch of old, arrogant, and rough people. They will promised you all reimbursement of your gas, hotel, and lunch and then they will find every excuse to refuse to give the reimbursement you deserve. The worst of all, it will take them about a month to decide whether they will hire you. Even if they give me an offer, I would rather stay away from this terrible company.

Interview Question – All normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Camden, SC

I applied online and interviewed at INVISTA.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by onsite interview.
The phone interview consisted of two people, 1 was the hiring manager. This lasted 20 minutes and gauged interest in the position and screened for relevant experience.

They worked with my schedule to fly me in for the day long interviews. Onsite interviews consisted of an introduction session with the hiring manager, 2-45 minutes interviews with 2 interviewers each, a 1-hour presentation of research followed by lunch, another 2-45 minutes interviews, Lab Tours, and wrap-up with the hiring manager.

Interviews focus on Values, Behaviors, Knowledge and Skills.
Everyone is very polite, respectful, and open.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Chemist

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at INVISTA in April 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview standard interview questions mostly about experience and how they apply to current position. Detailed explanation of job requirements. Interview lasted about 2.5 hours
Very polite. Respected timeline given during interview process
Great feedback about interview during call to inform me I didn't get the job.
 Competition with individuals with several years of experience, but said was very impressed with skills and interview but needed industry experience

Interviews for Top Jobs at INVISTA

Worked for INVISTA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at INVISTA Research Chemist interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by INVISTA employees and interview candidates.