IO

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Procurement Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IO in January 2011.

Interview Details – i/o Datacenters apparently doesn't do its own HR work and outsources the entire search, hiring, and all benefits processes to an outside company ("outsourcer"), which company frankly doesn't care much, in my experience and opinion. The first interview (by phone) with the outsourcer company occurred only after I left 3 followup voicemails for the first level interviewer. The first interviewer seemed to be an intern type person with a specific list of simple questions and a stiff demeanor that were practically insultingly simple because it was clear that the resume and job requirements had not been linked up in the outsourcer's examination or they are so unlinked to the job they're doing for each of their customers that they put little if any personal attention in their work (eg., my resume lists a city of residence that's about 10 minutes from i/o Datacenter's HQ city (where the position was located) and yet the interviewer asked questions about whether I expect relocation funding/need to move. It was clear that the first level of interviewer didn't know or care about the position; she had a list of simple questions to get the simple responses to and that's all her role was. She did agree to schedule me to talk with another (outsourcer) person and asked that I send my resume in the scheduling email confirmation (why the WORD formatted resume submitted in the online applicaiton email wasn't linked into their process.... who knows. Just another sign of the process just not being first class)

The second (outsourcer) phone interview seemed to go well ...if not very indepth because as, the interviewer admitted, the customer would need to address just what the job is all about. That interviewer indicated that she would be submitting my resume to i/o Datacenters the following week and said that I could call her for an update in a week. However, she failed to return all 3 of my voicemails and I consider that to be a significant failure by an HR person. I expect that hiring managers will avoid dealing with addressing the outcome of interviews, but the JOB of HR staff is to deal with the entire hiring, employment, termination process.

All in all, I was not favorably impressed by the interviewing process and personnel that i/o Datacenters uses (or atleast used as of 1/2011).

Interview Question – Unexpected question: Would you need to relocate in order to perform this job ?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for IO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IO interview questions and advice in Phoenix, AZ. All interview reviews posted anonymously by IO employees and interview candidates.