IOM Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at IOM

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IOM.

Interview

Don't bother applying through the website. They received about 300+ applications for one internship and closed the application after two days. Your best bet is to e-mail someone directly and explain why you'd like to intern for them.

Interview Questions

• There is no "formal" interview...it's usually with the person who will be your supervisor, not HR.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got strung along thinking that I would be a consultant. They gave me an internship. When I realized there was a guy interning who was 40+, I also realized how wrong IOM's HR practices are.

Operation Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IOM (Jakarta (Indonesia)).

Interview

good, easy to answer, just based on the your CV, interview in bahasa indonesia, not explore more, but be careful because they may promise you anything but nothing at the end

Negotiation

no negotiation

Project Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IOM (Port-au-Prince (Haiti)) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied via the online application system. Contacted by email for a phone interview. Interview was a general competency-based interview in English and French with questions on teamwork, planning and organizing, cultural diversity and others.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to explain my personal weaknesses and moments where I disagreed or had a conflict with a supervisor in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a level/pay-scale that was higher than initially offered.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IOM (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in August 2011.

Interview

I worked with IOM as their communication partner before I joined there. Thus, I knew some people from IOM with whom I worked with. When I felt to work in IOM, I contacted those people I knew. Hence, I faced interview and got the job.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at IOM in May 2011.

Interview

Create exposure and responsibility to international law

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at IOM in June 2010.

Interview

it was good.
    the interviewer asked me personal questions about my background.
    later they showed me the organization.
    they explained the aim of the organization and handed me over booklets with more info

Interview Questions

Negotiation

good.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at IOM (Nairobi (Kenya)) in January 2010.

Interview

was good and fair.