ION Geophysical

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.2

Processing Geophysicist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at ION Geophysical.

Interview process was highly technical to determine skill level and knowledge of the applicant. A panel of 5 people were involved in the interview process.The whole process took 2 hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ION Geophysical.

Very gentle interviews. No technical drills at all. The interviews are one-to-one. They hardly ask any technical questions. It seems they trust the employee who brought your resume in. So, if they have an opening and if you have a friend who is in some good position there, then you can almost be sure that you get hired by them. I never see anyone hired through a recruiter there.

Reasonable.

Corporate Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at ION Geophysical in February 2014.

Position Title does not apply to the responsibilities. Its a Business Finance Analyst type of role with no plan of development

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at ION Geophysical.

More conversational and behavioral questions. Open to work extra hours if needed and necessary. A motivator. 3 separate person interview - includes HR rep as well.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have any difficult or unexpected question. Very intuitive questions that can be easily answered.   Answer Question
    They offered a very competitive market salary; unnecessary to negotiate. Vacations are nice and sick days are accrued separately from PTO days, which is a perk.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ION Geophysical in July 2009.

Hand off to several people to perform one-on one discussions.

Salary, bonus

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at ION Geophysical in April 2007.

this had to be one of the best interviews i had ever been on. The Manager was very pleasant and easy to talk to. After all introductions were completed, I was given a formal orientation on what the company was all about. After this we took a tour around the facility and I had a chance to interact briefly with the rest of the Engineers present. I was introduced to the primary systems and given a crash course on its functionalities. I would say this all took close to 1hr.20mins. total. At the end of the interview, i was told i had what they were looking for and i would be contacted shortly. Great interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a strong back ground in computer hardware/ software?   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ION Geophysical.

A phone interview. Just normal behavioral questions.