ION Geophysical

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Finance Manager Interview

Corporate Finance Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ION Geophysical in February 2014.

Interview Details – Position Title does not apply to the responsibilities. Its a Business Finance Analyst type of role with no plan of development

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ION Geophysical.

Interview Details – More conversational and behavioral questions. Open to work extra hours if needed and necessary. A motivator. 3 separate person interview - includes HR rep as well.

Interview Question – Didn't have any difficult or unexpected question. Very intuitive questions that can be easily answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a very competitive market salary; unnecessary to negotiate. Vacations are nice and sick days are accrued separately from PTO days, which is a perk.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ION Geophysical in July 2009.

Interview Details – Hand off to several people to perform one-on one discussions.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for ION?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary, bonus

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at ION Geophysical in April 2007.

Interview Details – this had to be one of the best interviews i had ever been on. The Manager was very pleasant and easy to talk to. After all introductions were completed, I was given a formal orientation on what the company was all about. After this we took a tour around the facility and I had a chance to interact briefly with the rest of the Engineers present. I was introduced to the primary systems and given a crash course on its functionalities. I would say this all took close to 1hr.20mins. total. At the end of the interview, i was told i had what they were looking for and i would be contacted shortly. Great interview.

Interview Question – Do you have a strong back ground in computer hardware/ software?   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Geophysicist

I applied online and interviewed at ION Geophysical.

Interview Details – A phone interview. Just normal behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How did you solve a technique challege ?   Answer Question

Worked for ION Geophysical? Contribute to the Community!