ION Media Networks Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

2.4

Station Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ION Media Networks in August 2010.

Very vague, waited 30 minutes to enter a room full of executives. Asked experience questions for 1 hour then went onto one on one with dept heads. Quite extensive, but yet vague in what the job completely entailed. Benefits etc. Took 3 hours total, and was left in a board room for a while and finally a secretary said "they are all gone", "you can go home". "Hasn't anyone told you ?" .........

Interview Questions
    • old analog questions related to 1980 technology.   View Answer
    Just received a letter. No negotiation.

Master Control Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at ION Media Networks in May 2012.

The process was simple. I met with Station Operations Manager in my first interview, and the Chief Engineer during the 2nd. Both gave me an idea of what my duties would be, and what to expect from the position.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ION Media Networks in March 2011.

Very strange process. They lack a true human resource department. When I was being interviewed the interviewer was on her blackberry while asking questions. She had no idea about the position and the industry and was extremely pompous

Interview Questions
    • You are not qualified to handle the pressure associated with this company.   View Answer
    It was odd. they haggled about compensation, did not put anything in writing concerning the bonus, and were vague about vacation time and benefits. I needed a job so I took it.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ION Media Networks in August 2010.

short interview asking technical questions about the job, with the hiring manager and other staff. questions designed to screen highly unqualified individuals.

too low

Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at ION Media Networks in June 2007.

I went into this interview knowing I wasn't qualified for the job. I'm a producer, they were looking for a Station Manager - someone to deal with broadcast towers, ad sales, etc.

The interviewer read from a list of questions she seemed to have found on the internet. "What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Tell me about this. Tell me about that." I felt like my answers were pretty good, but every time I finished talking there would be an awkward silence, and then she would look to her list for the next question. I felt like I was 4 times smarter than this woman, and that I came across as someone who could do the job. But I never got a call back.

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ION Media Networks in January 2011.

Everything was running smoothly.
    I had passed the initial screen, 1x1 interview and was brought to the main office.
    What was to be three separate 1x1 interviews resulted in several delays, excuses, apologies, and then an ad Hoc group interview.
    They seemed not to know what position for which I had applied, asked off topic questions, and seemed unprepared to discuss my field of expertise.

Not sure why they wasted the time.

Station Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at ION Media Networks in May 2011.

The interview was short and I felt like they didn't want to take the time to actually discuss the position, or even find out about me. More than qualified and didn't need to ask many questions because alot of my questions were answered with the phone interview. Didn't feel as though the interviewer wanted to even take the time to sit and talk with me. ION is passing up one heck of a hard worker.

Interviews for Top Jobs at ION Media Networks

Worked for ION Media Networks? Contribute to the Community!