IPG Photonics

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Oxford, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IPG Photonics in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR regarding the position I applied to online. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later I was flown in to interview for the position. The interview was very standard; I sat in a conference room all day as various members of the engineering team interviewed me. The final interview was with the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Salary offered was less than my current position.

Researcher Interview

Researcher
Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IPG Photonics in September 2011.

Interview Details – Interview in R&D department consists of two parts.
In the the first part applicant should show his/her scientific achievements in the IPG`s field of research and prove his/her ability to create (in the future) innovatine device on the basis of research data. Frequently, there is only theoretical research data, so applicant should be able to carry out fast, but intensive, experimental investigation.
In the second part applicant should show his/her qualification in ingeneering and prove, that he/she can make a prototype on the basis of terms of reference.

Interview Questions

• Technical specification of most used instruments.   Answer Question
  • How to distinguish Yb fiber laser (1064 nm) from, for example, solid state Nd:YAG laser only on the basis of their emission.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don`t worry, because interview process in this company doesn`t stress you.

Worked for IPG Photonics? Contribute to the Community!