IPG Photonics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at IPG Photonics

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR regarding the position I applied to online. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later I was flown in to interview for the position. The interview was very standard; I sat in a conference room all day as various members of the engineering team interviewed me. The final interview was with the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is your design experience with digital devices?   1 Answer
    • Describe project experience.   1 Answer

Salary offered was less than my current position.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview in R&D department consists of two parts. In the the first part applicant should show his/her scientific achievements in the IPG`s field of research and prove his/her ability to create (in the future) innovatine device on the basis of research data. Frequently, there is only theoretical research data, so applicant should be able to carry out fast, but intensive, experimental investigation. In the second part applicant should show his/her qualification in ingeneering and prove, that he/she can make a prototype on the basis of terms of reference.

Interview Questions

• Technical specification of most used instruments.   Answer Question
    • How to distinguish Yb fiber laser (1064 nm) from, for example, solid state Nd:YAG laser only on the basis of their emission.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don`t worry, because interview process in this company doesn`t stress you.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went really well, References to be checked. I guess I wasted my time. I give up! What is going on here? I could go on but what is the point of interviewing someone if they are only going to turn them down becuase they are overqualified. They knew that before we went in the interview room. This is dumb. Some of us are definitely over qualified for any position. That just means companies leave the best of us on the shelf. This is dumb thinking.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

brief and to the point. Human resources and my eventual manager met in a conference room and each asked me questions. They then gave me a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, where have you worked, what experience do you have with...etc.   Answer Question