IPG Photonics Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at IPG Photonics

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IPG Photonics in April 2010.

I was contacted by HR regarding the position I applied to online. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later I was flown in to interview for the position. The interview was very standard; I sat in a conference room all day as various members of the engineering team interviewed me. The final interview was with the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions
    • What is your design experience with digital devices?   View Answer
    • Describe project experience.   View Answer

Salary offered was less than my current position.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IPG Photonics in September 2011.

Interview in R&D department consists of two parts.
    In the the first part applicant should show his/her scientific achievements in the IPG`s field of research and prove his/her ability to create (in the future) innovatine device on the basis of research data. Frequently, there is only theoretical research data, so applicant should be able to carry out fast, but intensive, experimental investigation.
    In the second part applicant should show his/her qualification in ingeneering and prove, that he/she can make a prototype on the basis of terms of reference.

Interview Questions
    • Technical specification of most used instruments.   Answer Question
    • How to distinguish Yb fiber laser (1064 nm) from, for example, solid state Nd:YAG laser only on the basis of their emission.   Answer Question
    Don`t worry, because interview process in this company doesn`t stress you.