IPSoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IPSoft in May 2014.

Interview Details – Programming Project and technical interview with the director of research group.
Try to implement the Project using your own logic.

Implement Random Password generator..
  1) Lower case
  2) Upper case
  3) Length 6 to 18

Interview Question – Implement Random Password generator..
  1) Lower case
  2) Upper case
  3) Length 6 to 18
  View Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IPSoft.

Interview Details – candidates will be asked to complete a project as first round screen. qualified candidate will be invited to onsite interview. the interview will be about a hour with one of their senior engineer. Mostly review the resume and the projects did before, also review the code on my github.

Interview Question – the interviewer found a bug in one of my projects   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IPSoft in April 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted via LinkedIn; then ignored for over 30 days.

My experience with IPSoft was interesting. I was not actively seeking a job, yet the recruiter contacted me, only to ignore my response for 30+ days. Maybe this is common, but as an office manager, I found this to be a clear indicator that this company does not think of their employees as human beings, rather, they view their employees more as worker-drones. I can only imagine this had led to IPSoft's international success. I, personally, do not work well with these type of people.

So if you want to be successful, go for it; IPSoft is a legitimate business. However if you want to work somewhere where you are valued and can develop your career, it my humble opinion that there are much better options to pursue. It is easy to focus on the dollar signs, but do not forget to look at the whole package: this is somewhere you'd be spending at least 40 hours per week.

Interview Question – The ones they didn't ask me.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Administrator Interview

Applications Administrator

The process took 1 week - interviewed at IPSoft.

Interview Details – Pleasant process, HR rep got in contact with me and explained some basic things about the job. Scheduled a phone interview with the department manager and spoke about previous experience and what was expected for the job. Basic questions about technologies necessary for the position and general programming questions. Some emphasis on previous experience shell scripting with Linux.

Interview Question – Mostly basic things about configuring web servers, plus programming stuff. (Ex./ explain what a pointer is)   Answer Question

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Service Desk Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IPSoft in April 2014.

Interview Details – New York office will call with a quick phone screen (not much technical on this call), followed by a sit down in the Austin office. The group I interviewed with were polite and interested in my past experience. The second half of my interview didn't take place since management was putting out a fire with a customer. I got a second call for a Telephony position which went nowhere once they knew I interviewed for the service desk a couple weeks prior.

Interview Question – The following topics were covered:

- A few questions on routing protocols (BGP,OSPF)
- VTP
- STP... unfortunately the guy (a lead from the support team) asking questions didn't know how a root bridge was selected.
- basic Linux commands
  Answer Question

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Service Desk Engineer

Interviewed at IPSoft

Interview Details – A phone screening will first be conducted. The recruiter would first email a candidate worksheet and company background overview. During the pre-screen, recruiter would ask few questions relating to AD, VPN and TCP/IP. They seek the answer in as much detail as possible. STEP BY STEP procedure should be provided as your answer.

Interview Question – In a Domain/Server environment, if an user gets an inactive error message when trying to logon, how do you reactivate the user account. Please provide step to step instruction   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IPSoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – What did you like about your previous job?
What is your favorite routing protocol?
What is the VLAN?
What is the VTP?

Interview Question – What did you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Applications Administrator Interview

Applications Administrator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IPSoft.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly long. It was a 4 hour process for me and I met with many people ending with the hiring manager as the last interviewer. Bring plenty of paper because you can learn a lot from the interviewers. The discussion may involve skills that don't pertain to the position but if you include it in your resume that you are liable to be questioned about it.

Interview Question – None in particular. Just be vary of being questioned on all the skills you include on your resume because you will be asked about a lot of them even if they are irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

UNIX Engineer Interview

UNIX Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at IPSoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – It took over 4 months to actually contact me about the position I originally applied for!

The initial phone screening part is the same as any other I.T. position; first is the internal recruiter in new york, then a technical phone skills test, then an in-person interview.

The technical phone interview is a breeze; study the numerous entry level unix interview questions online and know some of the basic commands like Uname, how do you find what processes are running, and some basic bash scripting. There are no hardball questions; I'm pretty sure my interview was just asking random questions off a list he found online.

It's the in-person interview that was strange. They scheduled numerous people to meet me but when I arrived I was given a quick 15 minute "interview" with a non-scheduled low level junior employee because the others were busy. I was also told my position would not involve using unix hands on at all and be more oriented towards answering tickets.

Questions for the in-person interview were generally about how you would handle ______, a description of the working environment, and some more easy technical questions but still fairly easy. After 15 minutes I was immediately shown the door since the junior employee had zero say in any hiring decision.

I met zero of the scheduled interviewers and my experience jibes with others who wrote" a waste of time" and "completely disorganized". Keep applying for jobs and doing interviews at other companies because despite the high level of interest shown; I couldn't even meet the manager in charge of hiring me.

This company has extremely high turnover and the numerous empty desks during crunch time attest to that too. I personally feel I dodged a bullet on this job. First time I ever got stood up on an interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how you would use SQL to pull info from a database?   Answer Question
  • How do you do loops in Bash?   Answer Question
  • They will pick apart some of your accomplishments/stories and ask how you solved any issue related to it.   View Answer
  • Do you feel that you would need/want additional training if you took this role?   View Answer

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Customer Relationship Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IPSoft.

Interview Details – Submitted resume via Indeed, received a call from recruiter within 2 days.

After initial interview with recruiter, set up a phone interview with a Sr. CRM in NYC on the following Friday. Interview was rescheduled to Monday due to Sr. CRM being pulled into a client meeting, which was no problem for me. Phone interview was mostly an explanation of my job history to make sure I was a good fit for the role (about a 45 minute conversation). Nothing too challenging, really it was just a temperature reading.

After the interview, received a call from recruiter within an hour to set up an on-site visit with an Austin Sr. CRM and a sr. network ops manager. Sr. CRM was not available so I interviewed with the office mgr and network ops manager instead. This was a difficult interview where they took me through several scenarios and asked how I would handle them. Most of the scenarios were similar to what I have encountered in previous CRM / Account Manager roles and were directly related to client support and communication. Some were out of the range of my technical expertise and I had to think on the fly.

I received a call from the recruiter the next day to set up a final phone interview with the Executive Director in NYC. This was a much more comfortable interview where I again discussed my work experience and qualifications for the role. I got the feeling this was more of a confirmation of my qualifications as discovered in previous interviews and my resume. He also asked a few new questions including my experience with ITIL.

Finally I received an offer via phone the following day which was followed up by an email. They also followed up with all references.

Interview Question – Describe a scenario where the client is denying accountability for a technical problem which was in fact their fault. The client wants you to correct the problem at no cost to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I gave them a range of salary I would be comfortable with, their offer was at the high end of the range, so no negotiation was needed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at IPSoft

Worked for IPSoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IPSoft interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by IPSoft employees and interview candidates.