IPSoft Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.9

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IPSoft.

Found the job posting on LinkedIn. Responded to it, and 2 days later had a phone screen with the HR recruiter. Had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager a week after initial submission. Hiring manager was a little intense, but interview was nothing crazy or unbearable. Was asked for my references the next day, and knew I was going to get the role.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked a lot of vague or open ended questions, to see how you troubleshoot certain situations.   Answer Question
    I was able to get them to highest amount possible for the role. It was still below my previous pay, but being unemployed, I didn't have much room for leverage.

IP Telephony Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IPSoft in September 2014.

Had general phone screen then technical call. Afterwards recruiter called me to schedule an interview. Facility was top notch attire was incredibly laid back for the techs t-shirt and jeans. Interview started with HR recruiter asked basic questions then spoke to 2 techs separately one after another. They asked basic telephony questions. Hr recruiter came back in the room spoke to me for a bit and if I had any questions then said they will contact me a week after regarding there feedback. Interview lasted about 1 1/2 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you how to implement something and have you explain line by line   Answer Question

Cisco Network Engineer Interview

Totally I have two phone conversations with IPsoft one from HR manger and next from Network Engineer. HR manager asked about my experience, background and about IPsoft company it took about 15 min. What is VTP, VLAN that were questions from Network Engineer, also what was your big accomplishment from your previous job. What did you really like in your previous job. What equipments did your work before.

Interview Questions
    • What is VTP, VLAN that were questions from Network Engineer, also what was your big accomplishment from your previous job. What did you really like in your previous job. What equipments did your work before.   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IPSoft in August 2014.

The hiring manager refused to entertain an interview unless I revealed my current and prior salaries. There was no budging whatsoever on that condition, and failing that, I was not considered. I strongly encouraged her to reassess that approach, but instead I was told, "That’s not how we do things here, in looking at salary we take into account a)where your level of experience falls in relation to other members of the team with similar skill sets, and b)where you currently stand with compensation as to make a reasonable increase. Good luck in your search."

Companies in-the-know determine if the candidate is worth further discussion based on screening interviews, even just one, and from there can use any of several algorithmic methods to determine an appropriate salary offer.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked; the sole exposure was to the hiring manager who insisted on a prior salary.   Answer Question

Applications Administrator Interview

Submitted application online, then I was contacted by one of the recruiters. We arranged a date for a phone interview. In the phone interview they asked basic question about why you want the position and what is your current knowledge about the technologies you might encounter. After that, I got contacted and a in-person interview was arranged. The interview was very straight forward, you meet members of the team and they ask questions about your interests and how you can contribute to the company, and also ask questions about certain technical scenarios. After that interview they will contact you with a response.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at IPSoft.

candidates will be asked to complete a project as first round screen. qualified candidate will be invited to onsite interview. the interview will be about a hour with one of their senior engineer. Mostly review the resume and the projects did before, also review the code on my github.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IPSoft in May 2014.

Programming Project and technical interview with the director of research group.
    Try to implement the Project using your own logic.

Implement Random Password generator..
      1) Lower case
      2) Upper case
      3) Length 6 to 18

Interview Questions
    • Implement Random Password generator..
        1) Lower case
        2) Upper case
        3) Length 6 to 18
        View Answer

Applications Administrator Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at IPSoft.

Pleasant process, HR rep got in contact with me and explained some basic things about the job. Scheduled a phone interview with the department manager and spoke about previous experience and what was expected for the job. Basic questions about technologies necessary for the position and general programming questions. Some emphasis on previous experience shell scripting with Linux.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly basic things about configuring web servers, plus programming stuff. (Ex./ explain what a pointer is)   Answer Question

Service Desk Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IPSoft in April 2014.

New York office will call with a quick phone screen (not much technical on this call), followed by a sit down in the Austin office. The group I interviewed with were polite and interested in my past experience. The second half of my interview didn't take place since management was putting out a fire with a customer. I got a second call for a Telephony position which went nowhere once they knew I interviewed for the service desk a couple weeks prior.

Interview Questions
    • The following topics were covered:

- A few questions on routing protocols (BGP,OSPF)
      - VTP
      - STP... unfortunately the guy (a lead from the support team) asking questions didn't know how a root bridge was selected.
      - basic Linux commands
        Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IPSoft in April 2014.

Contacted via LinkedIn; then ignored for over 30 days.

My experience with IPSoft was interesting. I was not actively seeking a job, yet the recruiter contacted me, only to ignore my response for 30+ days. Maybe this is common, but as an office manager, I found this to be a clear indicator that this company does not think of their employees as human beings, rather, they view their employees more as worker-drones. I can only imagine this had led to IPSoft's international success. I, personally, do not work well with these type of people.

So if you want to be successful, go for it; IPSoft is a legitimate business. However if you want to work somewhere where you are valued and can develop your career, it my humble opinion that there are much better options to pursue. It is easy to focus on the dollar signs, but do not forget to look at the whole package: this is somewhere you'd be spending at least 40 hours per week.