IPSoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IPSoft in May 2014.

Interview Details – Programming Project and technical interview with the director of research group.
Try to implement the Project using your own logic.

Implement Random Password generator..
  1) Lower case
  2) Upper case
  3) Length 6 to 18

Interview Question – Implement Random Password generator..
  1) Lower case
  2) Upper case
  3) Length 6 to 18
  View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IPSoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – What did you like about your previous job?
What is your favorite routing protocol?
What is the VLAN?
What is the VTP?

Interview Question – What did you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Applications Administrator Interview

Applications Administrator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IPSoft.

Interview Details – The interview process is fairly long. It was a 4 hour process for me and I met with many people ending with the hiring manager as the last interviewer. Bring plenty of paper because you can learn a lot from the interviewers. The discussion may involve skills that don't pertain to the position but if you include it in your resume that you are liable to be questioned about it.

Interview Question – None in particular. Just be vary of being questioned on all the skills you include on your resume because you will be asked about a lot of them even if they are irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IPSoft in February 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty lengthy interview process with many different people

Interview Question – Lots of technical questions   Answer Question

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Service Desk Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IPSoft in November 2011.

Interview Details – First received an email from a recruiter. Emailed my rssume and received a call back almost instantly. From there, a technical prescreen followed by a face to face interview with the service desk manager and the global director of operations. Total face to face time was about an hour. Phone call was no longer than 20 minutes.

Interview Question – General Technical Knowledge. They do not want you to bs. If you dont know an answer, dont be afraid to say you dont, but also throw in that you would goggle it to find the answer. They want to knkw you are self-sufficient since there is no training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salary was set in stone before interview.

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IPSoft in April 2010.

Interview Details – There were two interviews, one phone and one in person. First phone interview was mainly general knowledge questions on linux/unix and Java applications. There is also usually one open ended question about how you would go about fixing a web server problem or how you would configure a web server. The in person interview questions tended to be much longer and involved multiple steps. The interview tends to last a few hours and you talks to various people from different teams.

Interview Question – You log into a linux server and you notice no normal GNU utilities seem to be working. You try to ls in a directory and it says that the program doesn't exist. How would you go about displaying the files in a directory?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much of a negotiation phase. They made me the initial offer and I accepted.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Customer Relationship Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and interviewed at IPSoft.

Interview Details – Hiring Manager called me and sent me an email about discussing the role but never called or emailed back. I asked what the compensation and stated this is not a normal role for me. I wanted to make sure this was in line with the compensation I normally receive.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

UNIX Engineer Interview

UNIX Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IPSoft in May 2012.

Interview Details – Well first there is the obligatory phone screen with a recruiter, than a phone interview with a engineer who seems to ask some canned questions but with a focus around troubleshooting. The in person interview is intense, I was there for 4 hours!! 3 engineers, the head of operations and the head of HR. In the end it worked out.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IPSoft in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was excited when IPSoft showed interest in my application because they seemed like an IT Service Provider that offered something different then most. The first interview went ok, although in hindsight there were some red flags. By the third interview management's true colors revealed - they were not up front about salary, were not respectful of my time and their lack of respect in general for their tech staff employees was obvious. They tactically worked to brake my confidence about my skill level and convince me that I should be happy with the low salary they offered. To top it off, different people I interviewed with gave different answers about the work load and schedule.

Needless to say I did not accept the offer. I'm just annoyed I wasted time interviewing with them.

Interview Question – Tell me the most difficult situation you've faced [pertaining to professional IT work] and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Delivery Manager Interview

Delivery Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IPSoft in June 2010.

Interview Details – Company HR saw my resume on Dice and set up a phone interview with senior manager. I was first contacted in May regarding the same role but declined the opportunity since I was aiming for West coast jobs. A month later without any sound progress, the same HR person contacted me again with the same role. I agreed for a phone interview. The manager called me on time and went through my background and experience. I wasn't that interested in this position so I didn't prepare well. Plus I was only considering West coast jobs so they might sense it. It is a position to be placed in a financial client's office handling their managed service. The interview went about 40 minutes and was mostly about project management skills.

Interview Question – What are the project difficulties you faced in the past? How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Worked for IPSoft? Contribute to the Community!