IPowerWeb

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at IPowerWeb

Technical Support/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IPowerWeb in March 2011.

I was first called after submitting an online application for the position. This consisted of a basic phone interview with your standard customer service and sales related experience questions. After this I was asked to come in for a in-office interview. I was interviewed by 3 different individuals, one after the next asking a battery of questions about my previous experience related to the job. About a week later I was sent an email explaining they had filled the position with a more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to diffuse an angry customer?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IPowerWeb in February 2009.

Initial phone "screen" was longer and much more in-depth than I expected, lasting over 1 hour. The recruiter was very thorough exploring my background, interest in the position, and knowledge of the company and industry.
    The face-to-face interview with the hiring manager was next, running over 2 hours and mostly behavior-based in nature. (e.g. "give me an example from your experience") He did include a few theory-into-practice questions, and hypothetical scenarios on how I would attack specific problems.
    The following week I participated in another 1:1 interview with the HR manager, and a panel interview with 2 business partners: operations and sales managers, that this position would support. These questions focused more on my specific background supporting those functions, and some theoretical questions about my suggested approach to specific problems. I did well enough to make their "short list" of potential candidates.
    The next day I returned to audition as a trainer. After I met with the hiring manager the prior week, and he decided I was worth considering, they sent me some online links and suggestions for preparing and delivering a 1-hour corporate orientation session with a room full of folks, some from the interview team and others that would be direct coworkers/peers for this new trainer. (none with backgrounds in training or instructional design) The audition went well, and it gave me a feel for some elements of the corporate culture: do they arrive on time? are they distracted with other work? etc. All participants completed a standard evaluation form about my performance as a trainer (I never got a look at the form or the results).

The offer came by phone about a week later. A bit of negotiation on salary, and I accepted the offer 2 days later.

Overall, the process followed seemed robust and focused on what I would consider critical skills and competencies they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most challenging employee-manager relationship and how did you address it.   View Answer
    Minimal, but it worked to my advantage. They reduced the salary range mid-process, but their high-end still met my needs. The were willing to meet my request.