IQPC Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

2.5

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at IQPC in March 2014.

I found IQPC at a job fair. I passed the first phone interview and was asked in for a second interview. The phone interview was stressful and I thought the interviewer said a few things that were less than professional. The second interview required a lot of preparation. I had zero sales/business experience so maybe others would have to prepare less. It requires reading 8 chapters of a book and preparing a mock presentation. The interview was long. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours. It was structured: Preliminary questions about resume/past work experience, questions about the book you read, more personal questions, mock presentation questions, more personal questions, I asked questions, and finally they gave me feedback. It went really well. They offered me the job on the spot. They were very kind and gave me nice compliments. I felt great after the brain-melting interview. I actually enjoyed the challenging interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How could I sell ________ (the last company that I worked for) product/service? Who would I sell it to?   View Answer

I almost accepted. I was on my way to fax the agreement when I got a call from a more desirable company. I read a lot of reviews on this website, and I read and re-read the offer agreement that they sent me. I don't want to work in a very stressful environment with low employee satisfaction and the fear of getting fired looming over my head everyday. Corporate Hell just isn't for me. I hope all of the reviews aren't true and there are some happy people that love their job at IQPC. I just didn't want to find out for myself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IQPC in January 2014.

The process includes 3 steps;
    1/ A phone screening with a HR manager
    2/ A first interview with a Director
    You then have to read and be knowledgeable on an interesting book presenting a sales approach , "spin selling" and prepare a mock project.
    3/ A second interview with a global Director and the previous director
    This second interview has 3 parts;
    a/ review and questions on your resume
    b/ tests questions on the book and the mock project
    c/ Questions you have on the company
    At the end they give you an evaluation and tell you of the next step.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult question if you understood the book, experimented and tested this good technique and seriously prepare your mock project.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at IQPC in July 2012.

If you have sales experience, or are fresh out of college you are qualified. They will qualify you than tell you to read chapters of a book and come back at another time and present the material.

Interview Questions
    • Have you read about our reviews online?   View Answer

I didn't check out the reviews until the manager brought it up. Once I did It didn't feel like the right place for me.

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at IQPC.

Expect at least one phone screening then 1-2 on-site interviews. First interview is kind of akward as they tell you at anytime either party can tap out and walk away. Second interview usually more optimistic, they assign you a homework project during the first interview, it is reviewed and a personality assessment is conducted during the second interview. Expect an offer letter or phone call to extend an employee agreement within a couple days of the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Know something about SPIN selling before starting the interview process.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, they have a standard agreement and hire lots of people. Take it or leave it.

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

First interview over the phone, followed by an in person interview, offer made on second interview.

Marketing Interview

initial communication is a phone interview, just a screening, follow up phone call with another rep in your field, face to face interview more in depth about work experience, given a mock project to work on regarding a trade show, review of the project and final judgement

Interview Questions
    • The project is very tedious and will require a lot of research on your part   Answer Question

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at IQPC in July 2013.

HR staff & Supervisor of Dept. never took the time to interview me. On the other hand, I got the fresh faced intern now conference producer interviewing me. Very creative questions she got from google...where do you want to be in 5 years, do you work well with others.

Interview Questions
    • None, person was too stupid and staff unprofessional to actually follow thru after the interview. I realize now you will see this company has hire turnover and the same job posted every year...there has to be better places to work.   View Answer

Delegate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at IQPC.

I met with a manger of Delegate sales and he was very friendly and personable. We went over my experience and asked me why I wanted to go into sales. The position is half cold calls, half research trying to get small bushiness to come to events and conferences. Overall it went well, but the NYC office looked kinda depressing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at IQPC in August 2012.

Two step process. First interview is the initial "get to know you." They send you home with "homework" and you have to work through a businee problem. The second interview you are reporting on the issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IQPC in August 2012.

I submitted my resume to an employment recruiter, and was contacted the next day. I had a one-to-one interview with the sales manager, and the second interview was with the Managing Director and Sales Manager. I was given a project between the interviews to compile potential leads for an event to discuss during the second interview, along with the SPIN sales manual to read and discuss. I was offered the role three days later.

Interview Questions
    • Quizzed on business acumen by being given a hypothetical scenario involving a company and asked what I believed the challenges that would be faced by said company in developing new business.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but the range is set. The negotiation happened in the second interview but realistically could happen at any point after the first interview or before the offer is accepted.

Worked for IQPC? Contribute to the Community!