IQPC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.5

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY).

Interview

3 Rounds. 1st was phone screening. 2nd in person -- They make sure that you are a well-rounded individual who can be resourceful at uncovering information (jack of all trades and master of none). After which, they give you a mock project to complete --- interview 3 will review that project and from there you can expect to receive your answer within 48hrs.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I leveraged my other offers to up my salary, but do not expect more than 45K (not adjusted for any inflation or changes).

Interview

Interview process was easy, very direct with your day to day activities and very attentive to your wants/needs with a career. Very easy to talk to - not typical question/answer process. They make their interview process more like a personal discussion than an interview

Interview Questions

• some interviewers are rude and interrupt you when your answering their questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I had one HR phone screening. After this I was invited in for an interview with two people, a Sales Manager and Hiring Manager. I was told to read about SPIN selling, 9 chapters or so which I thought was a bit much. I had to complete a few tasks and then went back in for a final interview with the sales Manager and the Sales Director and was offered the job on the spot. The whole process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you done consultative .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IQPC (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

I found IQPC at a job fair. I passed the first phone interview and was asked in for a second interview. The phone interview was stressful and I thought the interviewer said a few things that were less than professional. The second interview required a lot of preparation. I had zero sales/business experience so maybe others would have to prepare less. It requires reading 8 chapters of a book and preparing a mock presentation. The interview was long. It lasted about 2-2.5 hours. It was structured: Preliminary questions about resume/past work experience, questions about the book you read, more personal questions, mock presentation questions, more personal questions, I asked questions, and finally they gave me feedback. It went really well. They offered me the job on the spot. They were very kind and gave me nice compliments. I felt great after the brain-melting interview. I actually enjoyed the challenging interview process.

Interview Questions

• How could I sell ________ (the last company that I worked for) product/service? Who would I sell it to?   1 Answer

I almost accepted. I was on my way to fax the agreement when I got a call from a more desirable company. I read a lot of reviews on this website, and I read and re-read the offer agreement that they sent me. I don't want to work in a very stressful environment with low employee satisfaction and the fear of getting fired looming over my head everyday. Corporate Hell just isn't for me. I hope all of the reviews aren't true and there are some happy people that love their job at IQPC. I just didn't want to find out for myself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The process includes 3 steps; 1/ A phone screening with a HR manager 2/ A first interview with a Director You then have to read and be knowledgeable on an interesting book presenting a sales approach , "spin selling" and prepare a mock project. 3/ A second interview with a global Director and the previous director This second interview has 3 parts; a/ review and questions on your resume b/ tests questions on the book and the mock project c/ Questions you have on the company At the end they give you an evaluation and tell you of the next step.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult question if you understood the book, experimented and tested this good technique and seriously prepare your mock project.   Answer Question

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IQPC.

Interview

Expect at least one phone screening then 1-2 on-site interviews. First interview is kind of akward as they tell you at anytime either party can tap out and walk away. Second interview usually more optimistic, they assign you a homework project during the first interview, it is reviewed and a personality assessment is conducted during the second interview. Expect an offer letter or phone call to extend an employee agreement within a couple days of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Know something about SPIN selling before starting the interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they have a standard agreement and hire lots of people. Take it or leave it.

Sponsorship Sales Executive Interview

Interview

First interview over the phone, followed by an in person interview, offer made on second interview.

Marketing Interview

Interview

initial communication is a phone interview, just a screening, follow up phone call with another rep in your field, face to face interview more in depth about work experience, given a mock project to work on regarding a trade show, review of the project and final judgement

Interview Questions

• The project is very tedious and will require a lot of research on your part   Answer Question

Delegate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with a manger of Delegate sales and he was very friendly and personable. We went over my experience and asked me why I wanted to go into sales. The position is half cold calls, half research trying to get small bushiness to come to events and conferences. Overall it went well, but the NYC office looked kinda depressing.

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQPC (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

HR staff & Supervisor of Dept. never took the time to interview me. On the other hand, I got the fresh faced intern now conference producer interviewing me. Very creative questions she got from google...where do you want to be in 5 years, do you work well with others.

Interview Questions

• None, person was too stupid and staff unprofessional to actually follow thru after the interview. I realize now you will see this company has hire turnover and the same job posted every year...there has to be better places to work.   1 Answer