IRI Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
Updated Aug 1, 2014
40 interviews

Consultant II Interview

Interview was not very intense. Shorter than expected. Very little grilling. Interviewed for one job but was called back for a different job when the first one did not pan out. Got the second job.

Interview Questions
    • Client wants something done the next day and there is no way you can complete it in less than one week. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IRI in June 2014.

5 Interviews from 5 different sections of the business
    Very through their questions
    Very Friendly people
    Spoke with different managers from the 5 different section. They showed me around the building and it was beautiful. Had spoke to me more on a personal and friendly level than on a business level. They asked alot of personal questions, which i didnt mind because it took the pressure off of the interview process

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elizabeth, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IRI.

Have to go through a lot of interviews with each level of management. Hiring process starts with HR which is a quick 20-30 minutes. Followed by hiring manager, followed by team lead, then cross functional leads and finally the practice leader.

SAS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at IRI.

Spoke to 4 people and they each asked fairly similar questions, but you are able to get a better understanding of who you will be working with and what roles they play. The questions were pretty typical interview questions and they just wanted to know more about past experiences and programming ability. Each person had a slightly different interviewing style and some were slightly challenging while others were more conversational.

Interview Questions
    • brain teaser: 5 gallon-3 gallon water jug question   View Answer

Client Insights Manager (Analyst III) Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at IRI.

I first got a phone interview with HR than had to take a math test online. After passing the test I had a phone interview with the VP on the account they wanted to place me at. Then I had an onsite meeting with the IRI team. I had to come back a second time to meet the client and get their approval.

Interview Questions
    They wanted an answer very quickly which was surprising. I only had 3 days to reflect.

Project Manager, Client Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IRI.

Long list of phone interviews before making a decision to meet candidates in person. Interviews of different styles and duration, all reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about project management and tools.   Answer Question
    Do you're homework to get the best startling salary you can get and don't expect to get a bonus every year.

Analyst Interview

HR is very bureaucratic but interview process is decent. getting reimbursement for travel can be painful. may have to go through multiple rounds of interviews (as many as 4 different interviewers) on the same day and can be really annoying to answer the same questions over and over again to 4 different people on the same day.

Client Insights, Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IRI.

The initial phone process with HR went quickly. The interviews with hiring manager and potential peers were somewhat long and repetitive. I had to come back to the office on two separate occasions. It seems as though the hiring manager needed more input from others.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked to go through a hypothetical analysis was the most interesting question. I was asked if I had expertise with a particular software and was told that since I did not have much experience with this that it would be a hindrance for me. Upon joining the company I learn that many Insights Analysts and Consultants at IRI did not have this skill.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IRI.

Because of an employee-referral, was quickly contacted by HR in a screening call, followed by another interview to discuss the role, followed by a day of in-person and conference call interviews with team members. All involved were friendly and thoughtful. But the process was dreadfully long. At several points, I thought it was no longer moving forward and would then get a call or email from the HR rep letting me know that they were still interested in me and working on timing.

Interview Questions
    • The team this opportunity was with is fairly technical, so there were several questions about methods of analysis and marketing concepts. There was a case study, but it wasn't as much of a test as it was a way to understand how I would explore a problem/unanticipated outcome.   Answer Question
    There's always room to negotiate.

Item Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at IRI in January 2011.

I was interviewed by 4 people which included my manager, his manager and two people who already worked on the team.

Interview Questions
    They were not open to negotiation

Worked for IRI? Contribute to the Community!