IRI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IRI in June 2015.

Interview

I am still in the interview process. It really has been a great experience thus far. The recruiters have all been very friendly, straightforward and personable. As you move forward, the questions become more job based and how your past experience will transfer to the current opening. Everyone is quick to respond to questions and scheduling times.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Why do you want to work for IRI?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRI (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the usual interview questions. I was then asked for an interview with four different employees some of them asked the same questions. The interviews were in depth and included an Excel test. I could tell my answers didn't seem to match what they were looking for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IRI (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and then received a call from a recruiter. We spoke briefly and after that, she set up a time for me to speak to one of the managers. The interview with this manager went really well. After that, they decided they wanted me to chat with another manager. This interview went well, too. They asked me to come in for an onsite interview. This is when it all went downhill. This manager made it very obvious he didn't care about our interview at all. All he did was yawn the whole time. I walked into this person's office and right away I knew this interview was not going to go as well as the previous two. Even though I knew I wasn't getting the job, they never gave me any kind of feedback.

Field Service Representative Part Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRI (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I Emailed my resume to the job ad site then I received an email stating that I would receive a call for a phone interview on a specific day and time.The interview lasted about 15 minutes.It then was followed up by a conference call to go over job duties and obtain info about the company and then was followed up by meeting with a Peer Trainer for job training.

Interview Questions

• Was I available on 2 specific days during the week to perform data collection,Background on any experience and former jobs held.   1 Answer

Field Data Collector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IRI (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

Responded to ad on Craigslist. Contacted by email then by phone. Requirements were to have reliable transportation and internet access. Training was done at home using their software. Trainer would call and go over sections of the material. Trainer was easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy. Friendly, not much negotiation. I was happy to be hired and they were happy to have me.

SAS Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRI.

Interview

Very nice people. The data science group is very good. The first phone interview is behavior questions, like what kind of people you don't like during work, how would you handle conflicts during work, what are your strengths. The onsite interview is more like introduction of what the job is. I talked about my past experience and explained them what I have done. One technical question, what is the most helpful methodology I learned in school and explained the algorithm to them.

Director, Implementation Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IRI.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with Human Resources. Second interview was over the phone with my manager. Third interview was on site with my manager's manager and a couple interviews with co-workers. All interviews were non-intimidating. A few behavioral questions but nothing out of the ordinary. Felt very relaxed and each interviewer felt very approachable.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself more as a word person or a math person?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IRI.

Interview

Four interviews. Seemed like overkill, but is the norm for this company. A lot of repeated questions across the four people. Interviewed with hiring manager, hiring manager's manager, another manager, and a direct report of the hiring manager. Hiring manager and direct report focused on technical skills. The other manager mainly talked about himself and his experiences. Director focused on what questions I might have.

Interview Questions

• How many planes fly out of O'Hare a day.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not seem open to negotiation. I was told my salary was at the top range for that position and they could not go up.

Consultant II Interview

Interview

Interview was not very intense. Shorter than expected. Very little grilling. Interviewed for one job but was called back for a different job when the first one did not pan out. Got the second job.

Interview Questions

• Client wants something done the next day and there is no way you can complete it in less than one week. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IRI (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Have to go through a lot of interviews with each level of management. Hiring process starts with HR which is a quick 20-30 minutes. Followed by hiring manager, followed by team lead, then cross functional leads and finally the practice leader.