IRS

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IRS in April 2010.

Interview Details – Ridiculous questions provided by fools. Takes months before they (IRS) gets back to you.

Interview Question – How do you handle exceeded time budgets?   View Answer

Agent

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IRS in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a panel of 3 people. Did not take very long. Questions were very tax technical. There were also quite a few questions asked regarding basic accounting concepts (ledgers, financial statements, tax returns, etc) Interviewers were very nice. Did not know the answers to all of the questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating leverage. Had about 3 days to decide on the offer. Not much room for negotiating with government positions.

Agent

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at IRS in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on-line at USAjobs.gov, got a Notice of Results, then got a panel interview. From initial application to the interview, took 8 months. That's typical, anytime I call to check on the status the person at the IRS would advise me to be patient.

The core of the interview consists of 5 questions, 3 about accounting and 2 about IRS forms

Interview Questions

Worked for IRS? Contribute to the Community!