IRS Contact Representative Interview Questions

2.0

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Applied the end of august. It's mid September and I just got offered position after having to complete an online assessment, tap assessment, and interview. Must pass back ground check and criminal record.

Interview Questions

• Questions were the same Genreal questions at any interview. How would you handle conflict? What would you so if you didn't know something? Etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is NO NEGOTIATION. Take it or leave it.

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IRS (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Getting through to the interview was very interesting indeed. The testing process was basic and thorough. Do your research on internet and you should get through their process. The whole process takes months of waiting, and then a flurry of process, and back to waiting. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• The interview itself was four basic questions asking how you would deal with specific call situations. Very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IRS (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It was very lengthy( about a 6 month process). There was a phone test, finger printing, and an interview. During the process you will be brought in with other candidates to go over your application. You must include every job within the given range and be totally honest because they will dig deep within your background. You could be fired a year after working there for not being completely honest on the application. I saw it happen to a co-worker. The interview was very laid back. The questions were mostly to determine if you could handle difficult customers and not be afraid to follow the policies and procedures.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult. They will ask you to describe you experience and your plans for the future.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is straightforward and predetermined based on your grade level.

Contact Representative Interview

Interview

They post the job, you apply, a couple months later you get an email (check your spam!) telling you to take an online assessment. If you pass, they contact you to come to the federal building for fingerprints, paperwork, and interview. While there they have you sit in one of the cubicles and take a call from someone (another manager maybe???) in a sort of role playing thing.

Interview Questions

• Before you took the evaluation calls, you were given a number in order to log in to the phone. What was that number called?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IRS (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Completed the online application two days before announcement expired, received a call to complete fingerprinting two months later, received a call to complete computer/practice call assessment a month afterwards and received an offer for employment about three months after the assessment.

Interview Questions

• There was NO interview back in 2006 for contact reps. You have to complete an assessment on a computer taking phone calls from a recruiter that you cannot see. They did not want to see if you would have the right answers necessarily...but rather, if HOW you answered them and followed directions. TIP: They are always monitoring your professionalism. Most of the escorts are actually MANAGERS so behave professionally, dress well and act as if someone is watching you at all times (because they are). 4 years later, I became a Lead / Manager and know first hand. Best wishes   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was NO negotiation at the time. Now, they base it on your education/experience level and you WILL be measured up to your abilities later on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holtsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IRS (Holtsville, NY).

Interview

Applied online, 2 weeks later went in for pre-employment meeting with about 30 others. Piles of paperwork. Then set up another appointment for a telephone assessment and quick interview.

Interview Questions

• During the phone assessment they purposefully try to mess you up. A little pressure, but totally doable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, set times and salaries.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

applied online in august, received email a couple weeks later prompting me to undergo an online simulation that would be graded. received followup a couple weeks later inviting me for interview.

Interview Questions

• Because it is the IRS, part of the interview is an extensive background checl   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IRS (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied in June and heard back from them in September to take an online assessment test. Passed that then couple of days later was asked to come in for a telephone assessment test and an interview with about 6 questions afterwards. Was told the only Tour of Duty left was 3-11:30 shift. Waiting to hear something back this week.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were general and nothing unexpected for a position of such.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IRS (Andover, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online, heard back about 2 weeks later of my "rating". Because of rating, link was sent to take an online skills assessment. Basic test. About 2 weeks after that received a phone call to schedule a telephone assessment, that was no big deal, you are given all materials you need to take assessment - sort of a role play on the telephone. About 3 weeks later I received an initial offer of employment over the phone, pending background check, tax compliance check, reference check and fingerprinting session. One week after fingerprint I got my start date for training.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time you were asked by a manager to do something outside of your job description, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Can you give me an example of a time you had to deal with an upset customer and how you worked with them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Government GS position.

Contact Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IRS in September 2012.

Interview

The interviewers only asked six (6) questions. They were basic questions. I recall that one question was to give an example of your written and verbal skills.

I am waiting for an offer from Dallas, TX.