IRS Tax Examiner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

1.8

Tax Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Well, there is nothing exceptional about it at all. Its an interview for a government position. If you fill out all there paperwork it should be smooth sailing. Just make sure you DO finish all your paperwork. That is key.

Other Interview Reviews for IRS

Tax Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRS.

Interview

Initial hiring is based on an online application, screening, and scoring system. Itf referred for consideration, it is more of a process for lower level than an interview. Application should NOT be a one or two page resume. Make it relevant, but be sure to be as detailed as possible.

Negotiation

Not applicable.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IRS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There was a job application to fill out at their site. There was also a test of general basic skills that a high school graduate would have followed by a brief interview for those who passed. The interviewer just asked if I was fine with the job conditions and requirements (such as wearing a headset, etc.). There were no questions on my backgroud or qualifications.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Initially, I had to apply through the federal job website, then complete numerous processing forms (e.g. background check form, tax compliance form) and fingerprinting. Subsequently, I was contacted over the phone and had a brief interview with the hiring manager. The interview consisted of about six or seven questions and lasted about 15 - 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It just necessitated replying to a job offer email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRS (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

three different exam and additional training.Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site

Interview Questions

• no interview question, only exams We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRS (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

You apply online through USAJOBS.GOV. This process takes a while. I think it was about 3 months when I got an email to show up at a "cattle call" In this process there were about 300 people, a bunch of standing in line for finger printing (for background checks) also quick 2 minute 1:1 interviews, then you go home. Then about 3 months after that, they call and offer you a position the starts in 8 days.

Interview Questions

• They probably asked if there was a time in previous work where I handled sensitive data and to explain.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS (Ogden, UT) in February 2008.

Interview

I found the job listing on a job board and was asked to come in for a test. It was a similar test to the SAT. Once my score was tabulated, I spoke briefly with a recruiter who placed me in a position. It was an easy process, really, but there are a lot of background checks you must submit to to work for the government.

Interview Questions

• You have to submit to annual training to affirm that you won't disclose any sensitive taxpayer information. There is a lot that goes into that, and it's often difficult for some people to comply.   1 Answer

Tax Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IRS in January 2011.

Interview

You must apply online using usajobs.gov. If you have a 4-year degree, you should automatically qualify. If you're a military veteran or have prior service in any federal agency, you will be on a preferred list and be contacted before those who do not. You'll receive an email telling you to report to the local campus, where you will get fingerprinted and fill out a bazillion forms. Make sure to know where you've worked and lived for the past 10 years for the background check. Make sure you are current and paid in full for both state & federal tax obligations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.