ISA (International Studies Abroad)

www.studiesabroad.com
  www.studiesabroad.com

ISA (International Studies Abroad) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2014
Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.0

Global Ambassador Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad).

Interview via Skype, fairly easy interview: they ask you most about your study abroad experience and what you have learned through your study abroad process. The interviewer is very nice. The interview too less than half and hour and you will get an offer(or not) by the time you are done talking.

Interview Questions
    They gave me the offer right after the interview.

Site Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad).

I had 3 Skype interviews starting with the hiring manager, then 2 assistant managers, then the department manager. Everyone was very friendly and the whole process took maybe 2 weeks. They were transitioning and buying out another company so there were a lot of my own questions they could not answer including ones that involved growth. I needed time to think about the offer and they were kind enough to give me time but the offer was sadly too low for the cost of living in the area. However, part of me regrets turning it down even though it was a desk job and most of the interaction with students would have been online or over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • If you truly want to work in study abroad or international education and have before, the interview process is easy   Answer Question

Low salary - Even though they offered more after negotiation, it was still too low when matched with the poor benefits. Barely any vacation time, no FSA, very low 401(k) match. This would be a good company for someone doesn't already experience good benefits.

Academic Records Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) in September 2014.

I applied online and was contacted via email a few days later. I set up a Skype interview with the HR Director. She asked basic questions including why am I interested in working at ISA, and describe a time when I had to manage multiple tasks under pressure. I outright asked about vacation and fringe benefits ISA offers, and I was told that information is given in an offer letter. It is unique for a company to not disclose that information on their website or at least during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the transition from working in non-profits to working for a for-profit company?   Answer Question

University Relations Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) in July 2014.

I applied for the job at 11pm on a Wednesday and got an email from Exec Assist the following morning to set up an interview. I interviewed that day via Skype and was advanced to a second and then a third phone call with the managers. They asked typical questions "where did you study abroad?" "Tell us why ISA is the best company to work for/why you want to work for ISA?" Since I've already worked in the industry it wasn't a matter of how much I wanted to work in the industry, but more why I wanted to move there.

Interview Questions
    • Besides the other study abroad companies, what do you know about ISA?   Answer Question

Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad).

I basically when through my experience ..it seemed like the only thing the person wanted to know was if I was "cool"

Felt like I was bum rushed.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad) in October 2013.

I was called in for an initial interview and things went really well. It was comfortable and rather informal. Basic questions about my study abroad experience, etc, However, three weeks passed before I had not been contacted. I attempted to follow up with the person who interviewed me and the person that was to interview me next. I was sent an email saying that I had not been selected. About a week later, I was contacted to come in for a second interview with no mention that they had already told me I did not get the job. I went in for the second interview. It was going really well as far as I could tell. I asked about advancement opportunities. Here's where it got kind of strange. ISA is mainly based in Spain so the majority of the employees speak Spanish. The position I was applying for required another language, but I also am conversational in Spanish and it is stated on my resume. However, I'm not sure if she didn't see it or just decided that it wasn't enough, but she basically told me that if I really wanted to go anywhere in the company, I should know Spanish. It brought a very strange tone to the conversation and made me feel a bit awkward that though I have a Master's degree, I might not be good enough because I didn't choose Spanish as my main language. The whole process was rather drawn out and ended up being rather awkward. I was also told in the initial interview to expect to have to work overtime a lot. So beware of that if you are applying.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say to a parent to assure them of their child's safety overseas?   Answer Question

Site Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ISA (International Studies Abroad).

It is a two step process, at least mine was. At first they called to schedule the first (phone) interview. She asked some initial questions about my study abroad experience mostly, and how I could benefit the company. A co-worker of hers came on the phone to speak in Spanish (this was a Spanish speaking position). After the Spanish part was over, we continued the interview. All in all about 15 minutes.
    They emailed letting me know that I had passed the first round, and that they would like to Skype with me for an "in person" interview (since I was not from the area).
    That lasted about 30minutes, and they had asked about possible issues I may run into with the position and how I could fix them. I thought I interviewed really well, however I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • None at all really. I studied the company's website, the position's qualifications and expectations, and I am also familiar with the company because I had used them for my study abroad experience.   Answer Question