ISN Software

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at ISN Software.

Applied on for an on campus interview, they contacted me about 2 weeks later for a meet and greet at a restaurant and we interviewed the day after. Interview was short and sweet, very natural. Emailed me, inviting me to Dallas that same day for in house interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What does ISN do? What work environment do you prefer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ISN Software.

Great process. Campus reps come and talk to business classes. The extend invites to apply online and come to a Meet & Greet at a local bar. Following this are first round interviews on campus. They are very nice but highly selective. Within two weeks notification of second round interviews at the Dallas HQ. First night is a tour and reception. They have beer and wine--drink it! Everyone is young and if you don't, they think you're being uncomfortable (but if you just don't drink normally by all means don't.) Next day is long--4 types of interviews (speed dates, discussion panel, company over view, and presentations.) Everyone is nice and professional. After 6 hours you're on a plane home and know whether you got an offer within 3-5 business days.

Interview Questions
    • What does our company do? How do we improve safety? What industries do we operate in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ISN Software.

1. Meet and Greet at local restaurant for two hours. Business casual. Introduced myself to all 3 of the college recruiters stayed for about an hour and a half (first impression is key).

2. On campus Interview. One recruiter went through some powerpoint slides with me before hand. Slides includes the 3 step process of ISN (1. collect 2. verify 3. connect), organizational chart, benefits, edge program (development program). The initial questioning lasted no more than 15 minutes and I asked questions that dragged the interview out to a total of 30 min. There's are very short so don't be nervous if they cut you off. Do have questions ready though.
    Questions they asked me:
    -tell me about yourself
    -describe what ISN does.
    -describe a time you had to handle conflict.
    -what would your supervisor at job X say about you?
    -and more questions about my resume. no more than 6 questions total were asked. very short.
    At the end of my interview they told me they wanted me to come to Dallas for a second round. I heard others received an invite via email. I think mine was in person because the second round was the following week. Quick turn around.

3. Night before the interview in Dallas all recruits received a tour of ISN. Followed by a two hour reception. At Reception, I took the initiative to talk to as many managers, supervisors, VPs as I could. Not a lot of time to do in two hours. I also had several questions ready to ask them.

The interview was the next day. It consisted of 4 rotations:

1. Mini presentations given to recruits
    -Have questions ready, they know who’s asking

2. Q&A Panel with new employees
    -Have questions ready (ask about transition to Dallas, experience, etc.)
    -They take notes on who is asking thoughtful questions

3. Speed Interviewing
    - five interviews, 9 minutes each with middle to top mgt employees
    -this is where you could be asked wild card questions, most are behavioral, some about your resume, etc.
    -in small group scenario, there will be an interview with CEO however he doesn't ask the questions, you do. make a good first impression and ask questions *note he spends a lot of time answering them so there's not room for everyone to get a question in.
    -Be personal and yourself
    -Prepare at least one question per interviewer

*During lunch there were two ISN employees that sat at each table, again ask thoughtful questions, make small talk

4.Give 1-2min presentation, 8 mins for prep
    -Hit on key points- intro & conclusion
    -My potential topics were: (these were emailed to us the week before)
    What are the benefits of subscribing to ISN?
    Tell us about a Contractor Success Story.
    ISN works in multiple industries. Which interests you the most and why?
    How do you think ISN improves safety?
    Why does contractor safety interest you?

Be on your game the entire day. Have a few good questions prepared to ask employees.

Interview Questions
    • Possible Questions for Second Round Interview:

• Rank: Integrity, initiative, intelligence, and why you ranked them that way?
      • Explain what the company does as if you were explaining it to your grandparents?
      • Describe yourself in one word.
      • If you were part of a salad what part would you be?
      • Explain what ISN does in your own words.
      • Rate these "values" most important to least important...
      • What are your strengths, what did you learn from position x,
      • How do you handle conflict, etc.
      • What would you change most in this world?
      • And if you were in a position of power how would you implement it?
      • Teach a 5 year old child how to tie his shoes over the phone.
      • What does a benzine skeleton look like?
      • How would you explain what ISN does to a friend?
      • How many times does the hour and minute hand cross in 24 hours?
      • How many times does a certain amoeba replicate in a petri dish?
      • Tell me something that will make me remember you over everyone else.
      • How would you use quarters to measure the Empire State Building?
      • You are in Hawaii for 5 years. How do you become a millionaire?
      • If you woke up tomorrow and discovered you had a grown a tail, what would you do?
      • Let's say you wake up one morning and discover you have a tail. You walk out of your room and You walk out of your room and discover that everyone else now has tails, too. What are you going to do to market this tail?
      • Same question as above ^^ but with horns
      • Do you believe in aliens yes/no and why?
      • Explain the revenue structure of our company
      • Describe your favorite restaurant and how you would change it?
      • Role reversal. What would you look for in a candidate for this job?
      • Tell us about ISNetworld and what we do?
      • How would you describe yourself?
      • Describe a time where you faced adversity and how you handled it
      • If you had a theme song, what would it be?

View Answer
    Non-negotiable but great base salary and incentives

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at ISN Software in November 2014.

Met the employers at a University Career Fair in the business college. Set up a on-campus interview about 1 week in advance. Interviewed with two individuals and then got invited back for the final interview at the Dallas,TX location. About 150+ candidates were there, including myself. This was a mix of people interviewing for full-time (associate position), or an internship. This was the most difficult part of the interview process... I had to give a presentation in front of 4 managers there about a random topic they give you 10 minutes in advance. Next, we all had to go through 5 separate interviews with directors, managers, and even... the CEO! (It was awesome).

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't "one" question that stood out as the most difficult. The overall interview process is entirely to see if you will fit in with the company's culture and business environment. The most difficult part would be up to the candidates weaknesses... presentation skills, interview skills, soft phone skills, etc.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate for this position. To be honest, the benefits and salary are very generous. So negotiations were not even on my mind.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at ISN Software in October 2014.

I fell in love with the individuals who came to my campus to recruit. I initially met two of them at the career fair, then I went to a two hour meet and greet where you got to know more about the recruiters and the company in a laid back environment, and then I interviewed on campus the same week. The company culture at ISN is exceptional. Everyone is young, energetic, and works hard. Great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Rank: Integrity, initiative, intelligence, and why you ranked them that way?

Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ISN Software in September 2014.

Campus Recruiters. First, they ask you to go to a meet and greet at a restaurant the day before the interview. The interview was pretty standard. A walk through your resume and behavioral questions.

Associate Interview

Very similar to speed dating with Directors, Managers and Supervisors. They are all extremely nice and very approachable. Just do your research on what the company does and you can bring a benefit to the company. They are looking for team players that work hard. And you do work hard!

Interview Questions
    • Take a notepad and take very good notes for every person that interviews you. They want to see this.   Answer Question

Associate-professional Development Program Interview

Very nice event is provided after the initial round of interviews on-campus. There were about 180 candidates in total with 40 intern and 140 entry level candidates. They will put you in a hotel (I was placed in the Fairmont Downtown) where there will conduct the interview as well. The first night they have a reception where you get to meet the professionals in the company. The interview day consists of three section. The interview part is with five professionals. There is also a panel and a presentation you need to do. Do some research about the company and you should be fine with the presentation.

Associate-professional Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ISN Software.

The process started out nicely with a meet and greet at Cain and Abels (a local bar/pub) and then the interview. They asked really normal, typical stuff and were very friendly. They seemed to like everyone and acted like they had a good time. The greeter was nice but they had a strange dual interview where you were shuffled around quickly and asked the same questions. The interview was a bit annoying but nothing hard.

Interview Questions
    • They asked alot about sales experience. Hardest sale, hardest time with a client etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ISN Software in March 2014.

I submitted my resume on the ISN website and was called about a month later for a general HR phone interview. I was immediately invited to an in-office interview. Since I didn't go through the standard college recruiting process I had one 30 minute interview with 2 employees. The questions were mainly about my resume and experience and they told me more about ISN. Two days later I received an invite to the final In-House recruiting day. There was a reception at the ISN office the first night where you got a tour of the offices and then had drinks and food in the lobby where you had the chance to meet the other candidates and current ISN employees. The next day was the full day of events at the Fairmont hotel in Dallas. There were 4 separate parts: A panel discussion with 6 employees where you could ask questions about working at ISN, a 1-2 minute oral presentation (was more about how you presented yourself and less about the information, easy topics that they emailed you prior to the interview day), a presentation about ISN, and the interviews which consisted of 5 separate 9-minute interviews. Overall it was a very enjoyable process. The employees at ISN are very outgoing and made everyone feel very comfortable. Received an offer within 2 business days.

My advice to other interviewers would be to stand out. There were 160 candidates, 90% of whom are seniors in college with no "big boy" work experience so if you're in that boat you really have to find a way to stand above everyone else. Also, just be yourself. ISN hires very young, outgoing people and they all have that "work hard, play hard" attitude, so don't be afraid to enjoy yourself at the interview day and be sociable.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type questions, nothing challenging. I did hear a few strange ones from other people like "If you were part of a salad what part would you be?"   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate but the offer was very generous.