ISO New England Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.2

Market Surveillance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISO New England (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The first round was strictly behavioral. The second round was an interview over WebEx. The first 30 minutes or so were led by the employees directing internship projects for the summer. They were both very descriptive and wanted to know where I would fit on either of their teams. Both were very polite. I was asked about three questions with the remaining time.

Interview Questions

ISO New England Response

Jul 9, 2015 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your comments.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with an ISO recruiter: Approximately 30min. Second step was a phone interview with the position hiring manager: Approximately 30min. Third and final step, an on-site interview with a range of staff members (Recruiter, HR, Hiring Manager, Department Head, Future team member): Approximately 4 hours (scheduled for 4, took a little less).

Interview Questions

• Asked to write SQL query longhand with given tables and expected outcome.   Answer Question

ISO New England Response

Jul 9, 2015 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your comments.

Lead Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was approached by an internal recruiter. My conversation and interview with the recruiter were pleasant. I met a total of 4 people during the onsite interview. I was alarmed to hear how much the interviewers stressed that the work environment in the finance/accounting group is rigid and inflexible when it comes to work schedule. They seem to expect long hours from their employees. By the time I was 75% through the interviews, I knew that this was not the place for me. Another negative was that the interviewers seemed to have no desire in getting to know me personally. I was volunteering personal information to try to generate a feel for what working with these people would be like and the attitude from the highest ranking interviewer that I met was an "I'm not interested in that" attitude. I asked about how the position became available and I got the sense that the previous person had done whatever they could to transfer to another department. It was the first time that I ever considered calling a company after leaving the interview to let them know that I would not be interested in the job even if they offered it to me. To top it all off, I have not heard back from the group at all and it has been several weeks now since I met with them.

Interview Questions

• The person we hire for this role is expected to be at work until the job is done. We work 45 to 50 hours depending on deadlines that cannot be missed. I want to be clear about that.   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ISO New England (Holyoke, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process is very smooth. Just talked to the hiring manager and the VP. Made some simple presentation of the work I am currently working on. Hiring manager is good to talk. It just takes a long time for them to make the decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiatable.