ITA Software

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at ITA Software

Computer Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at ITA Software in October 2011.

Included four hours of grilling by engineers, a two hour programming exam, and lunch with an engineering manager. The questions were quite difficult, and there's no breaks in the process. You are being grilled for seven hours straight.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at ITA Software in May 2010.

Pretty technical with covering almost everything in computer science like linux questions to networks, data structures, virtualization and Java. Interviewer was professional and also helped reach the right answers in come cases

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITA Software in March 2010.

You must first submit a code sample from a previous project. I spent a long time on mine, others I know have simply picked one of the challenge puzzles from previous years and completed that in an afternoon. If one of the managers finds your application interesting, you will get a phone interview where they will describe the position and ask you about your experience.
    The next round is in-person interviews, wherein I was interviewed by a few of the people in the group, talking about the project, how you might approach the problem, and the company culture. Then they give you a programming puzzle to solve there, as well as some time to talk over the problem and ask questions. Then you get cracking. Don't get too nervous, focus on getting a naive implementation done first and optimize when you are done. Your goal is to show them you know how to approach a programming problem.
    They then ask for references. They got back to me two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • In actuality, the questions they asked me were not general interview questions but more specific to the internship project.   Answer Question
    They have a policy of not negotiating on intern wages

Product Manager Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at ITA Software in April 2010.

Connected with company through head hunter - which screened me for a couple of weeks including lengthy reference interviews. Then I got a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager - the interview was very smooth and professional, focused and pleasant. Couple of weeks later I got the "no" - I was not a fit. Office staff was very nice and professional.