ITOCHU Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

Associate Interview

Interview

Send my resume -> paper test -> first interview(one to one) -> second interview(group interview) -> third interview(group interview) -> firth interview(group interview). The company gets more than 10,000 application for about 100 job opening for new graduate students. The company care more about cultural fit and loyalty to the company rather than skill set.

Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Santiago (Chile)) in June 2015.

Interview

Two Interviews, in english both, questions about interest and stuff. They ask me if i knew anything about energy and mining. The business manager and the general manager were present, and they told me that the most important thing was to know english, and if possible some japanesse or another language.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the company, and if i had seen the website   1 Answer

Negotiation

I advice to get your information right, Itochu is a trading company; because japan exports a lot, but in their culture the trade is base on long term relations, to ensure quality. So this company is focus on keep this relations close, so is important to get the main picture and get informed, also respect and punctuality is mandatory

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Karāchi (Pakistan)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Karāchi (Pakistan)) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was simple yet difficult. The interviewer (Assistant Manager, Administration & Finance) was not only testing your academic skills, business acumen but personality quotient as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you read newspapers? How good are you at current affairs?   1 Answer
    • Are you aware about various CSR activities/models?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was fair. A candidate applying for Itochu must represent himself very well not only academically but professionally.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Mumbai (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

it was exhaustive but interesting. they questioned me about my background, educational qualifications, professional qualifications and experience, industry information, why i chose this Job, why i left the previous company, why i chose this field. they also questioned me about technical things related to mechanical engineering, related to my MBA, related to industry i am handling. They also questioned me regarding the place preference about Mumbai city, my future plans etc.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ITOCHU (London, England (UK)) in October 2010.

Interview

very casual, relaxing

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITOCHU (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2009.

Interview

The time of interviews are generally three times. First of all, you may be in interview with your direct superviser and manager. And then, you may be in interview with some directors. Finally, you can have the chance to do with human resource director. You should be ready for the answer why you want to join it and choose that company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join and choose this company?   1 Answer