ITT Corp Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.5

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Corp.

Interview

Lengthy hiring process but easy interview. Depending on the location, you must be a native citizen due to the sensitivity of the work being done there. Basic knowledge check, school experiences, and previous work experience questions. Honestly, one of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Auditor Interview

Interview

to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember to long ago to remember

Interview Questions

• What is the one question you are afraid I am going to ask?   Answer Question

Internal Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at ITT Corp (White Plains, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a great phone interview. I was told by the hiring manager I'd be brought in for an in person interview the following week, but I never heard back. I followed up with the HR person that coordinated the phone interview and got no response. I completely understand if, in the end, I wasn't the right person for the job. But common courtesy would be to at least let all candidates know the position is filled by another candidate, which it ultimately was.

Information Assurance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ITT Corp.

Interview

Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.

Opex Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ITT Corp (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Basic questions asking about my experience. Asked current salary, required salary, and if I owned a home. I think it was required for relocation. Said he would get back with me but never did.

Interview Questions

• None. All question were straight forward. If you are confident in your abilities you will have no problems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at ITT Corp (White Plains, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied using the online process. I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen. I provided availability which included same day options. HR set up an appointment for the same day. Less than a week later (on a Friday afternoon) I received an invite to interview the coming Monday 12:30-5pm. I acknowledged the email and agreed to the onsite interview. I then received a schedule of people I would be meeting.

On Monday morning, I received an email from HR saying that someone was out sick - I should arrive at 1:30 instead. I arrived at 1:30 to be told that 2 more people would be unavailable but HR was able to schedule a meeting with someone who would typically see me during a second round.

I first met with the HR rep. She was full of energy and passion for the company and her colleagues. We had a great rapport.

Next I met with the person who had not originally appeared on the schedule - a Director level in IT. Again, we had a great rapport and I was told that looking at my resume and hearing about my experience - it looked as if the position was written for me. He was also full of energy and passion for the company and his colleagues - mentioning that though it was now small - you could walk down the hall and chat directly with a very senior person in the organization.

Next I met with the hiring manager's supervisor - a Director level in HR. I have thought about our meeting many times since then and have yet to remember a time in which I felt more UNWELCOME or UNWANTED during an interview. She was abrasive and evasive - and always with a smile. She told me that I clearly did not have the qualifications for the position. When I explained that I did have the qualifications and how they related - she cut me off. I asked what the hours were like at the company and she told me that she did "not quantify them - they were like her last company - typical corporate hours"..... She ended the meeting 20 minutes early and escorted me to a conference room (I was scheduled to meet the next person in their office).

I sat in the conference room for 25 minutes until the HR coordinator came in to tell me that the hiring manager would not be able to meet me - she was on an important call...

After hearing great things about ITT from an employee perspective, I had high hopes.

After going there and being treated like dog doo on the bottom of a shoe - I wish I had never walked through the door. Not only did I feel attacked by the last person with whom I interviewed ( - and by the way, it is okay for her to feel this way - but tell it to the HR Coordinator and Rep - don't keep BULLYing the applicant) I considered the enter exercise a waste of time.

It has been more than a week and I've not had a follow up from anyone...

Interview Questions

• Not a specific question considered difficult or unexpected - but the horrible feeling of being bullied by an HR Director   Answer Question

Legal Extern Interview

Application

interviewed at ITT Corp in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with two attorneys, took place in a small conference room, they talked about what ITT was a company, my interests in law in general, who I would be reporting to

Fiance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at ITT Corp (Herndon, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very well

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of "What If" Questions that are related to the type of postion you are applying for.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suitland, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ITT Corp (Suitland, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and a day or two later got an email asking me a few questions. (What had I been doing since graduating, my Java experience, salary I would want, if I had a security clearance)

After emailing them back, they responded requesting to set up a phone interview. A week or so later I had the interview. It was with an HR rep and one of the lead Software Engineers. It mostly consisted of them asking about a few of the projects I had done in college (as that was the only experience on my resume). No technical questions other than "name some advanced data structures, what would they be used for". Overall the interview was very friendly. I thought it went fairly well but they decided to go with someone else. The job was originally directed at people with a few years experience so that may have played a part in their decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you name some data structures? What would they be used for?   1 Answer

Educational Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ITT Corp (West Covina, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I was invited to a group interview (together with about six other people). The group interview was fairly easy, mainly the director of recruiting spoke and gave an overview over the position. She also addressed salary (which was in the lower $40.000-range) and that this job was sales job (which wasn't completely clear to me reading the position announcement).
    About a week after the group interview I was asked to do a six minute Wonderlic test online which was fairly easy. Then I was I was invited to a phone interview with very standard questions. A few days later I had an on-site interview, again with the Director of Recruitment which was a bit of a disaster. I was supposed to be there at 10:30 am but the person who was supposed to interview me didn't show up till 11 am. Then I was supposed to take another Wonderlic test but the Director of Recruitment was unable to set the test up for me on one of the computers. The person tried for about 2 hours, finally called technical support. In the meantime she had me fill out (!) the questionnaire with the questions she was supposed to ask me during the interview, so technically she actually wasn't interviewing me. These questions were again pretty standard and a repeat of the questions from the phone interview. The only question that really irritated me was something along the lines of "How far would you go in distorting the truth if it helps your sale?" The wording was slightly different but it was pretty clear to me that they wanted to know if you would lie, if you "had" to. Whatever you answer to this question is, of course, your choice but considering that you are trying to get people to buy an education of $48.000/year (the merits of which are not entirely clear), I chose to answer honestly and tell them that no, I would not lie.
    After almost three and a half hours (and another short interview with the Educational Director) I could finally take the test which was also not too difficult but I was honestly exhausted by then and stunned by the lack of professionalism in conducting this interview. After the skills test there was another 60 question personality test which contained questions like "Would you like to rule the world?", "Have you ever lied?", "Do you like to be the center of attention". They make you answer these questions in two ways: You are supposed to tell them how the ideal candidate for this job would answer the question and how you personally answer the question.
    After the interview I did not hear back from them at all, so I called and I was told that my test score was below what they expected which was not completely surprising to me because I knew that I had been tired and weary by the time they finally had given me the test. I successfully completed graduate school and did very well on the GRE (which is considerably more difficult than the Wonderlic), so I know brains is not the problem. I was also told that they had a "hiring freeze" which was a bit surprising because the Director of recruitment conveyed a sense of urgency in hiring people.
    Anyway, overall the Director of recruiting was very nice and friendly but this particular interview wasn't handled so well.

Interview Questions

• How far would you go (in distorting the truth) to make a sale?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle problems with difficult co-workers?   Answer Question