ITT Corp Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2014
Updated May 6, 2014

2.4

Information Assurance Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp.

Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Questions
    • Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question
    I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kekaha, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kekaha, HI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp in September 2010.

Got Hired over the phone. Company was in the middle of changing over the Radar systems and in need of engineers who were willing to relocate to Kauaʻi. Basically call me up to ask me if I wanted the job or not. The interview seemed more of a recruiting than an actual interview for the job. Seemed like no one wanted to relocate to Kauaʻi.

Interview Questions
    • No hard or unexpected questions for my hiring process. Basically explained the job situation, what I would gain and be responsible for and hardest question asked, was do you want the job?   View Answer
    There was a relocation package that I could have taken. Covers up to $10,000 for hotel, rental car, and shipping of personal belongings.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2010.

One day, four interviews

Gun Smith II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2009.

The hiring process was easy and the interveiw was also easy

There was none,you start at $16.25 and you stay at $16.25 the hole time you work for that company.

Opex Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2013.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Basic questions asking about my experience. Asked current salary, required salary, and if I owned a home. I think it was required for relocation. Said he would get back with me but never did.

Interview Questions
    • None. All question were straight forward. If you are confident in your abilities you will have no problems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at ITT Corp in March 2013.

I applied using the online process. I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen. I provided availability which included same day options. HR set up an appointment for the same day. Less than a week later (on a Friday afternoon) I received an invite to interview the coming Monday 12:30-5pm. I acknowledged the email and agreed to the onsite interview. I then received a schedule of people I would be meeting.

On Monday morning, I received an email from HR saying that someone was out sick - I should arrive at 1:30 instead. I arrived at 1:30 to be told that 2 more people would be unavailable but HR was able to schedule a meeting with someone who would typically see me during a second round.

I first met with the HR rep. She was full of energy and passion for the company and her colleagues. We had a great rapport.

Next I met with the person who had not originally appeared on the schedule - a Director level in IT. Again, we had a great rapport and I was told that looking at my resume and hearing about my experience - it looked as if the position was written for me. He was also full of energy and passion for the company and his colleagues - mentioning that though it was now small - you could walk down the hall and chat directly with a very senior person in the organization.

Next I met with the hiring manager's supervisor - a Director level in HR. I have thought about our meeting many times since then and have yet to remember a time in which I felt more UNWELCOME or UNWANTED during an interview. She was abrasive and evasive - and always with a smile. She told me that I clearly did not have the qualifications for the position. When I explained that I did have the qualifications and how they related - she cut me off. I asked what the hours were like at the company and she told me that she did "not quantify them - they were like her last company - typical corporate hours"..... She ended the meeting 20 minutes early and escorted me to a conference room (I was scheduled to meet the next person in their office).

I sat in the conference room for 25 minutes until the HR coordinator came in to tell me that the hiring manager would not be able to meet me - she was on an important call...

After hearing great things about ITT from an employee perspective, I had high hopes.

After going there and being treated like dog doo on the bottom of a shoe - I wish I had never walked through the door. Not only did I feel attacked by the last person with whom I interviewed ( - and by the way, it is okay for her to feel this way - but tell it to the HR Coordinator and Rep - don't keep BULLYing the applicant) I considered the enter exercise a waste of time.

It has been more than a week and I've not had a follow up from anyone...

Interview Questions
    • Not a specific question considered difficult or unexpected - but the horrible feeling of being bullied by an HR Director   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at ITT Corp in August 2009.

I was already hired as an Intern so I didn't have to interview for the full time engineer position, but I hear that there are at least 3 interviews. 1 with HR and 2 with engineering managers.

Interview Questions
    I had no experience so I didn't negotiate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at ITT Corp in November 2008.

individual interviews, half a day

Interview Questions
    • what do you do when you don't know something?   View Answer
    nothing, was part of the same company then became an acquisition

Fiance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 5 days - interviewed at ITT Corp in January 2012.

Very well

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of "What If" Questions that are related to the type of postion you are applying for.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suitland, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suitland, MD

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ITT Corp in October 2011.

I applied online and a day or two later got an email asking me a few questions. (What had I been doing since graduating, my Java experience, salary I would want, if I had a security clearance)

After emailing them back, they responded requesting to set up a phone interview. A week or so later I had the interview. It was with an HR rep and one of the lead Software Engineers. It mostly consisted of them asking about a few of the projects I had done in college (as that was the only experience on my resume). No technical questions other than "name some advanced data structures, what would they be used for". Overall the interview was very friendly. I thought it went fairly well but they decided to go with someone else. The job was originally directed at people with a few years experience so that may have played a part in their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name some data structures? What would they be used for?   View Answer

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!