ITT Corp

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ITT Corp in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds on interview, 1st on telephone, next with the sales director and final on call with HR, excellent in transparency, gave full freedom to express myself and change to showcase my capability

Interview Question – They started discussing about how i should bring about changes in the cureent distribution network   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, i was able to negotiate and we discussed all details with full freedom and transperancy

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Clifton, NJ

I interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2010.

Interview Details – One day, four interviews

Interview Question – How well do you fit our culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Information Assurance Manager Interview

Information Assurance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp.

Interview Details – Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Question – Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Corp in October 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by Agency met with several staff people on HR Team. Each person asked pretty much the same questions. Focus was on my previous experience as a "contractor". Why I enjoyed working as a contractor vs. regular employee status. My future goals - did I see myself returning to the workforce as a regular employee. I asked questions regarding the company and its culture. I inquired about direction of company and the HR department. The individuals I interviewed with were very forthcoming and honest with their answers.

Interview Question – I did not find any questions difficult. I found them them to be very routine.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ITT Corp in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was easy, the company was very cooperative and the behavior was quite professional

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you have dealt with a crisis and resolved it with teamwork?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp in February 2010.

Interview Details – Included HR , Resume based and Technical questions on fluent proe and software questions u list on ur resume

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NOT- much

Educational Recruiter Interview

Educational Recruiter
West Covina, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp in January 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and it took almost three weeks to hear from them. I was invited to a group interview (together with about six other people). The group interview was fairly easy, mainly the director of recruiting spoke and gave an overview over the position. She also addressed salary (which was in the lower $40.000-range) and that this job was sales job (which wasn't completely clear to me reading the position announcement).
About a week after the group interview I was asked to do a six minute Wonderlic test online which was fairly easy. Then I was I was invited to a phone interview with very standard questions. A few days later I had an on-site interview, again with the Director of Recruitment which was a bit of a disaster. I was supposed to be there at 10:30 am but the person who was supposed to interview me didn't show up till 11 am. Then I was supposed to take another Wonderlic test but the Director of Recruitment was unable to set the test up for me on one of the computers. The person tried for about 2 hours, finally called technical support. In the meantime she had me fill out (!) the questionnaire with the questions she was supposed to ask me during the interview, so technically she actually wasn't interviewing me. These questions were again pretty standard and a repeat of the questions from the phone interview. The only question that really irritated me was something along the lines of "How far would you go in distorting the truth if it helps your sale?" The wording was slightly different but it was pretty clear to me that they wanted to know if you would lie, if you "had" to. Whatever you answer to this question is, of course, your choice but considering that you are trying to get people to buy an education of $48.000/year (the merits of which are not entirely clear), I chose to answer honestly and tell them that no, I would not lie.
After almost three and a half hours (and another short interview with the Educational Director) I could finally take the test which was also not too difficult but I was honestly exhausted by then and stunned by the lack of professionalism in conducting this interview. After the skills test there was another 60 question personality test which contained questions like "Would you like to rule the world?", "Have you ever lied?", "Do you like to be the center of attention". They make you answer these questions in two ways: You are supposed to tell them how the ideal candidate for this job would answer the question and how you personally answer the question.
After the interview I did not hear back from them at all, so I called and I was told that my test score was below what they expected which was not completely surprising to me because I knew that I had been tired and weary by the time they finally had given me the test. I successfully completed graduate school and did very well on the GRE (which is considerably more difficult than the Wonderlic), so I know brains is not the problem. I was also told that they had a "hiring freeze" which was a bit surprising because the Director of recruitment conveyed a sense of urgency in hiring people.
Anyway, overall the Director of recruiting was very nice and friendly but this particular interview wasn't handled so well.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at ITT Corp in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call from HR inviting me to an interview the following day. One-on-one interview with the HR manager. Then interview with the line manager. Time between the two interviews was over 4 hours. Highly competent people. Knew exactly the right questions to ask without the need to make the candidate squirm.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice..once with the department manager, once with the System Project Manager and the Software Task Lead.

Interview Question – The questions were about my experience in embedded software...real time, and GPS   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have an offer closer to home.

Rotatonal Engineering Position Interview

Rotatonal Engineering Position
Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Corp in October 2008.

Interview Details – About 20 college recruits were all interviewed at once on site. The initial screening was from job fairs. All students were told via email that they wanted to bring us on site for an interview. A birth certificate was required along with lengthy paperwork to gain entrance to the building.

We were given a presentation all together about the company and the position, and then we had an informal lunch. From there, we were broken into three groups for the rest of the day. The groups rotated between three different activities: a tour, interviews, and a talk with current employees.

The interview section consisted of three or four group interviews. Each group interview seemed to have one senior engineer and two younger engineers. Each table focused on a different characteristic: leadership, technical knowledge, etc. Each session lasted 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you had to resolve a conflict in a former job and describe how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!