ITT Corp

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews

Information Assurance Manager Interview

Information Assurance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp.

Interview Details – Initial email was sent to setup interview time and date. Was on the phone with three people asking IA questions regarding security threats, vulnerability compliance and certifications.

Interview Question – Would I be comfortable working in a war zone and living in a tent.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just negotiated for more hours from 60 to 72.

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Instrumentation Engineer
Kekaha, HI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ITT Corp in September 2010.

Interview Details – Got Hired over the phone. Company was in the middle of changing over the Radar systems and in need of engineers who were willing to relocate to Kauaʻi. Basically call me up to ask me if I wanted the job or not. The interview seemed more of a recruiting than an actual interview for the job. Seemed like no one wanted to relocate to Kauaʻi.

Interview Question – No hard or unexpected questions for my hiring process. Basically explained the job situation, what I would gain and be responsible for and hardest question asked, was do you want the job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a relocation package that I could have taken. Covers up to $10,000 for hotel, rental car, and shipping of personal belongings.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Clifton, NJ

I interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2010.

Interview Details – One day, four interviews

Interview Question – How well do you fit our culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Very Difficult Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at ITT Corp in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds on interview, 1st on telephone, next with the sales director and final on call with HR, excellent in transparency, gave full freedom to express myself and change to showcase my capability

Interview Question – They started discussing about how i should bring about changes in the cureent distribution network   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, i was able to negotiate and we discussed all details with full freedom and transperancy

Gun Smith II Interview

Gun Smith II

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy and the interveiw was also easy

Negotiation Details – There was none,you start at $16.25 and you stay at $16.25 the hole time you work for that company.

Opex Manager Interview

Opex Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ITT Corp in June 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with recruiter. Basic questions asking about my experience. Asked current salary, required salary, and if I owned a home. I think it was required for relocation. Said he would get back with me but never did.

Interview Question – None. All question were straight forward. If you are confident in your abilities you will have no problems.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Administrator Interview

Human Resources Business Administrator
White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at ITT Corp in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied using the online process. I was contacted by email to set up a phone screen. I provided availability which included same day options. HR set up an appointment for the same day. Less than a week later (on a Friday afternoon) I received an invite to interview the coming Monday 12:30-5pm. I acknowledged the email and agreed to the onsite interview. I then received a schedule of people I would be meeting.

On Monday morning, I received an email from HR saying that someone was out sick - I should arrive at 1:30 instead. I arrived at 1:30 to be told that 2 more people would be unavailable but HR was able to schedule a meeting with someone who would typically see me during a second round.

I first met with the HR rep. She was full of energy and passion for the company and her colleagues. We had a great rapport.

Next I met with the person who had not originally appeared on the schedule - a Director level in IT. Again, we had a great rapport and I was told that looking at my resume and hearing about my experience - it looked as if the position was written for me. He was also full of energy and passion for the company and his colleagues - mentioning that though it was now small - you could walk down the hall and chat directly with a very senior person in the organization.

Next I met with the hiring manager's supervisor - a Director level in HR. I have thought about our meeting many times since then and have yet to remember a time in which I felt more UNWELCOME or UNWANTED during an interview. She was abrasive and evasive - and always with a smile. She told me that I clearly did not have the qualifications for the position. When I explained that I did have the qualifications and how they related - she cut me off. I asked what the hours were like at the company and she told me that she did "not quantify them - they were like her last company - typical corporate hours"..... She ended the meeting 20 minutes early and escorted me to a conference room (I was scheduled to meet the next person in their office).

I sat in the conference room for 25 minutes until the HR coordinator came in to tell me that the hiring manager would not be able to meet me - she was on an important call...

After hearing great things about ITT from an employee perspective, I had high hopes.

After going there and being treated like dog doo on the bottom of a shoe - I wish I had never walked through the door. Not only did I feel attacked by the last person with whom I interviewed ( - and by the way, it is okay for her to feel this way - but tell it to the HR Coordinator and Rep - don't keep BULLYing the applicant) I considered the enter exercise a waste of time.

It has been more than a week and I've not had a follow up from anyone...

Interview Question – Not a specific question considered difficult or unexpected - but the horrible feeling of being bullied by an HR Director   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Adjunct Instructor

Interviewed at ITT Corp

Interview Details – They asked too many questions for a job that only pays $1,500 per class. You are responsbile for things like student attendance you have no control over.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Santa Ana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at ITT Corp in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was already hired as an Intern so I didn't have to interview for the full time engineer position, but I hear that there are at least 3 interviews. 1 with HR and 2 with engineering managers.

Interview Question – Technical questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had no experience so I didn't negotiate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Rochester, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at ITT Corp in November 2008.

Interview Details – individual interviews, half a day

Interview Question – what do you do when you don't know something?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nothing, was part of the same company then became an acquisition

Worked for ITT Corp? Contribute to the Community!